Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fifty years from now---How will things change?

Aspiring Member

Fifty years from now---How will things change?

We've come a long way in the past 20 or 30 years. How do you think things will change 50 years from now as far as acceptance of CDing and TS issues? Already young children are being diagnosed as possible TS candidates. How about diagnosing prenatal children? How about feminization tecniques?

Cheryl

Platinum Member
    I predict that in ten years there will be a facial cream that kills unwanted hair follicles. In twenty years , breast augmentation will be performed by ultrasonic stimulation and in thirty years digital implants will permit feminization of the human brain. Forty years from now, people will be able to shift their external sexual features to suit their mood, and in fifty years more than 60% of Americans will live full time as women, regardless of their birth gender.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I predict that in ten years there will be a facial cream that kills unwanted hair follicles. In twenty years , breast augmentation will be performed by ultrasonic stimulation and in thirty years digital implants will permit feminization of the human brain. Forty years from now, people will be able to shift their external sexual features to suit their mood, and in fifty years more than 60% of Americans will live full time as women, regardless of their birth gender.
    Sounds like a wonderful place to be.

Hopefully gender issues will become irrelevant, I'm afraid most of us won't be here to find out. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Fifty years from now you'll be crossdressing in a cave or a bunker and panties will be treasured items.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Jessie White
    I'm not sure about the future. I feel like before I can be accepted in a dress by society, society needs to accept Feminism (which is a terrible name - it should be called something like equality-ism lol or genderism or i-want-to-wear-a-dress-ism) I do feel like the current young generation is more open to gender equality than others, and so perhaps once they have grown up and replaced less tolerant people then wearing a dress won't be seen as a sign of weakness.

I agree with Jessie - but I like most of us, I hold out the hope that even if not so much in our lifetimes (which would be great), but that of future generations will be more free to express themselves without ridicule. Like so many of our antiquated laws & rules, things need to change & be updated to be in sync with the people of today! The world is an ever changing & different place today - Keep the faith!
    Man bag??? . . . No silly, its a purse!

Banned Read only
    Fifty years from now? Fifty years ago there was a "March on Washington." Has the vitriol towards people of color been eliminated? Hardly. Yes, there will be more acceptance of gays and lesbians and transgendered persons, but, there will still be a lot of negative backstabbing to go around. The State of Washington has many laws to protect the rights of all minorities, including gender expression. Something tells me society would not need laws, if the hearts and minds of people were without malice towards others.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Because of full worldwide acceptance of CD/TG/TS people, membership in the forum will drop to zero and will be used primarily by cultural historians. A new forum will arise called crossspecies.com for people born identifying as members of other vegetable and animal species due to the past 50 years use of genetically modified foods. Unfortunately my great great grand child identifies as a cucumber and is eaten before being able to join the forum.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Fifty years from now? Fifty years ago there was a "March on Washington." Has the vitriol towards people of color been eliminated? Hardly. Yes, there will be more acceptance of gays and lesbians and transgendered persons, but, there will still be a lot of negative backstabbing to go around. .
    Has American completely relegated racism to the past - of course not. But we are light years ahead of where we were in 1963. And thats also true of the acceptance of GLBT people. I don't expect perfection of people, nor do I think that prejudice institutionalized by ideology or religion to be eliminated any time soon, but have witnessed remarkable progress in my lifetime and have tremendous optimism for the future. People won't be living in caves muttering about past glories. Our children and grand children will be enjoying a world that is significant different, but in most ways, far better than the one we presently occupy.

I'm not sure why some people hold such dismal views of the future. Sure, its possible we might slip back into some post-apocalyptic dark age. Not likely, but possible. More likely is that there will be greater freedom, greater abundance and better quality of lives. Cheer up people. Your parents, grand parents, and great-great-great-great-great grand parents endured for more uncertainly and far more difficult circumstances than you'll ever know. Yet they perservered and so shal we.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 09-09-2013 at 02:18 PM.

You will not need feminizing as everyone is drinking out of plastic bottles which is slowly making everyone feminine and you also keep drinking the recycled water over and over again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

50 years from someone will be selling retro-2013 styles of clothing. My vintage things will command top-dollar on Ebay. This is because in 2063, everyone else will be wearing the same things - unisex apparel. People will look back and laugh at how silly the world was in 2013 with regards to TGs.
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Silver Member
    To be frank, judging by the way things are going today, people will be too busy fighting for survival to care about others' gender identity one way or another. After all, when folks are really hungry, they don't care what others are wearing.

I love it. I think the ability to bear children will also be there for transgender women.

I think technology will come a long way in the feminization process, even the technology of today is far better than it was 20 years ago. I think people will transition younger and younger, and those that don't go full time as women will be allowed to express both male and female (or something else) without ridicule, at least in more progressive places.

The world will be far more accepting of TG/TS/CD and other gender variants than today, there will be some places that will still be intolerant and others will be extremely accepting.

I think the most accepting places will be those that are already very liberal and progressive (LA, San Francisco, Canada). Some extremely conservative place will someday be forced to turn around because of a war and the younger generation will want to shed their archaic barbaric image.

Things will change for good or ill, depending on what we do today and tomorrow. Who knows what condition the world is in right now? Do the major media tell the truth? No. We need to know what reality is before we can improve it.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Platinum Member
    Really??? Do you need someone to tell you what the state of the world is? And do you need someone to remind you of where we were 30, or 50, or 1000 years past? Our history is a history of progress going back 50,000 years in fits and starts. Why is it so enticing to imagine a future so contrary to our past?

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    because I have a future family member who get eaten for being a cucumber.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

ever see MAD MAX an old movie,??, I fear the world will be like that 50 years from now.. world is going to hell in a hand basket
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Platinum Member
    Seriously...this world isn't going anywhere. It's going on and in most respects improving.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens
    How do you think things will change 50 years from now as far as acceptance of CDing and TS issues?
    In 50 years I’ll be dead, no doubt inhabiting a glass case in a museum, a relic from the age when males dressed like females, when the aforementioned males hid themselves away, trying (in vain) to convince themselves that they actually WERE women. “How primitive…” the little children at the museum will say, each one no doubt looking like an extra in the film THX1138, as they shuffle off to the next pathetic diorama at the Museum of Unnatural History…

Actually, I think it will be exactly like it is now in 50 years time. Do you really think that this incessant gender separation is going to collapse, like a neglected bridge on the Interstate? The men (as shown) are more like men these days, expressing an ideal, and the women (as shown) have digressed back to their allotted space, using their last vestiges of femininity as a weapon. In 50 years time sites like this will still be around, on what passes for the Internet, allowing males to safely express themselves amidst all the real world M vs. F blather, same as it ever was…

Even if the sun shines through the dark clouds in this bleak futuristic world, don’t you think that a WAR will realign the genders and bring everyone back to their 19th century senses? You’re darn right it will, just like it did back in 2001. In such an atmosphere, strength will always be thought of in lofty terms, while weakness (as represented, in this instance, by crossdressing) will never be seen in a positive light by those who need to survive, prosper, and enslave…

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Fifty years from now you'll be crossdressing in a cave or a bunker and panties will be treasured items.
    Quote Originally Posted by miss_jessie View Post
    I do feel like the current young generation is more open to gender equality than others, and so perhaps once they have grown up and replaced less tolerant people then wearing a dress won't be seen as a sign of weakness.
    I think it will be one of either of the two above quotes. We'll either all be living in a post apocalyptic hell where there is a marked difference between the "haves" and the "have-nots" or we will live in a ubiquitous tolerance-to-all society, where gender expression is regarded as just another fashion style. LOL
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post

I'm not sure why some people hold such dismal views of the future.
    Some people are realists, and, view the future based on the lessons of the past. Yep, I said gays and lesbians and transgendered persons will be better off in the future than now, and, much more than decades ago. Yet, as a realist and viewing history, there still will be ample animosity to go around for any minority group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post
    because I have a future family member who get eaten for being a cucumber.
    She shouldn't have been hanging out in seedy bars.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I think things will be much more open, sexual identity and sexualities will be far more accepted and everyone will find it rather boring. Someone from this day and age will travel into a bar in the future dressed and no-one will bat an eyelid, they will shout in a mans voice "I dress up as a woman" and half the women there will turn around and say "so do we, it's not like it's a big deal, I had cornflakes this morning and you don't hear me boasting about that" then someone will say "I had toast"

But you'll NEVER get rid of biggots. They'll always be some that will even still consider even skin colour an issue in 50 years, that will never go away.
    Be whoever you want to be. Screw what others think. It's their loss....

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    LOL . . . almost spit my coffee all over my computer reading this one Persephone. Panties, currency of the future . . . I guess I should stock on sale items just in case