Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with pressure to return to closet

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by bimini1
    Its like I know what I should do, go back in the closet, that would be the only practical thing to do. But then am unhappy about having to make that decision.
    The proverbial “closet” gets no respect, if you ask me. So what if you have to hide yourself away? This isn’t a competition, you know. Personally, I love to keep secrets a secret, and preserve these precious little awakenings I have manufactured for my own happiness

Just because you have a bucket of paint doesn't mean you have to paint the TOWN with it...

I am only out to my wife, and there is no going back from that. She has never requested that I stop. She and I have discussed boundaries and have come to agreements. I have not pushed those, she has not retreated with them. However.... There are times where I still wonder if it would be better if I just try to stop. Just go back to the one gender model that she got to know and then married.

There are times when I just wonder if the frustrations are worth it all. Frustrated that it is hard for her to accept, and that it is not something that she likes. (She is trying and has come quite a ways) Frustrated that it is a part of me that I cannot openly talk about to our friends. (I know in reality I could.... but then there is reality) Or my teenage sons.... growing up in a small town. The difficulties they would face should they and or other parents find out. I could go on, but this more or less sums up the typical frustrations of many of us CD's. I know that should I try to lock this back up in its cage, its probably not going to go well for me at all. But I do often think about it, and often wonder if letting it out of the cage was really the right thing to do. It's so damn frustrating that what makes me comfortable makes or would make everyone else uncomfortable. (with obvious exception to the members of this site.)

We do have to weigh our responsibilities very carefully at times.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.