Thread: Making a New Start

Making a New Start

I'm moving to Indy for the first time. I've moved to new places many times before, but this is the first time doing so out of the closet. I told the person where I'll be renting a room that I crossdress sometimes and he seems to have no problem with it. I've never told anyone before that I crossdress until I joined this forum last fall. But I've still never told anyone who knows me. But in Indy I expect to admit it, though I don't plan to CD in public, at least till I'm well settled in.

I'm 64, so I'm getting a late start. I've never been married yet, so I haven't hidden anything from my spouse. I'm actually in contact with a woman there who seems to be a potential mate. I told her I CD and she doesn't seem to have a problem with it either. In fact she said she once counseled a CD couple.

I'm moving primarily to pursue political activism and to make close friends. In the past I assumed that doing what I like to do would lead to close friendships, but that never happened. It led to friendships, but not close ones. So this time I want to change tactics a bit.

I'd like to hear what anyone else may say about experiences with making new starts, or whatever.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Platinum Member
    wow, gutsy move. I had to wonder why Indy? Big Colts fan?

But seriously, it seems that you've got an unusual plan. My steps out of the closet did begin with a new start, relocating to Houston full time. It may seem an odd place to first step out en femme, but its a good deal more urban and a great deal more tolerant than my former home in rural Minnesota. Still, I took these steps very slowly.

If you're not planning to CD in public, it was quite considerate of you to advise your landlord. I guess its better safe than sorry!

Lela I wish you luck and hope all works for you. Even at your age it's never too late to find contentment. I have a friend who is your age and decided to transitition.

I hope things go well for you Lela! I made my new start about three years ago! Although I didn't move to do it! I got tired of hiding from certain people and went to fem full time! I tell ALL the same thing this is me If you don't like it just leave me alone!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

No experienced landlord will worry about what you wear. All the landlord is concerned about is--is the rent on time, do you take care of his property, are you respectful of the neighbors.

Jodi

I am glad to hear you are moving to Indy! I hope we can get together after you arrive!

No new starts here but try not to be too radical or outlandish in your actions and you will soon make friends.
    With your friend, even though she knows be slow and gentle for starters as you do not want to frighten her away.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.