Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonia made her first public appearance (WARNING: a tad long this post)

Sonia made her first public appearance (WARNING: a tad long this post)

And boy was it fun!!!

A little background first. A few years ago I had confided in a friend, someone I connected with almost instantly and someone I trust with my deepest, darkest secrets. Was I drawing some comfort in the fact that he is gay? Perhaps I was. But more importantly, I don't believe I had fully accepted myself at that stage and he picked up on that I'm sure. We talked about it occasionally but it never went beyond that.

Cut to earlier this year when in the course of one conversation I found a courage previously unknown to me; and I suggested that I should go out all dressed provided it was safe. In turn he suggested we have a little party at my place where I could get dressed up and see how it goes, an idea I readily agreed with. When the plan for a party happened he wanted to know if he could call 3 of his friends and I agreed despite never having met these people before, safe in the knowledge that if he trusts them then I trust them. So come the day of the party, Sonia gets dressed and comes out to her living room to take the first step out of her comfort zone. And the evening that began at 2200 hrs ended at 0430 with much fun being had by all.

In retrospect, that first step broke the ice and gave us all comfort with each other I would say. Walls and defense mechanisms came hurtling down and we all had the freedom to be ourselves no matter what, knowing there would be total unconditional acceptance amongst us.

Fast forward 3 weeks to last Friday when one of the guys suggested that I dress up and go with them to a gay party. Without my asking they started telling me it would be safe and I wouldn't have to worry even if that wasn't on my mind at all. I must have been in an adventurous mood and said yes to what seemed like a million miles from the comfort of closeted dressing. We discussed the look, accessories and make-up and I could barely sleep that night given how excited and nervous I was.

Saturday was the day of the party. The theme was "juicy" and Sonia settled on a magenta cowl neck fitted dress, with copper heels and smoky eyes with long hair. Because she had never been out before there was no need for a bag/clutch/purse but that was not going to work and she even bought her first handbag, a delicate copper clutch type sling bag with a thin chain strap. The morning of Saturday passed uneventfully and most of the afternoon was spent in what can only be termed deforestation Finally at 1730 the preparations began. Because we were going to take my car to the party, I decided to get dressed at a friends place.

So I got all dolled up, all the friends assembled, some of them had a couple of drinks before we headed out and at 2100 hrs Sonia took her first high heeled steps into the real world. Driving in heels was interesting but certainly not as difficult as I imagined it might have been. I might have been more concerned with being pulled over by the cops but was assured that they wouldn't be able to tell I was a bloke in a sexy party dress!

We reach the party and the parking lot was full. And it was raining!! So here we are, no going back now and Sonia will have to take a deep breath and get into character. This was going to be an evening of firsts so I might as well enjoy it I said. We parked about 30 meters from the club and for the first time ever I had a guard hold an umbrella for me as I carefully made my way in 5 inch heels to the entrance, trying not to slip. From the entrance to the elevator I was given the once over by 2 guys and a middle aged woman who I'm told was "checking me out"! hahahahahahaha!!

Enter the club and it is practically dark (hence the lack of photos...sorry), which is brilliant until vanity takes over and you want to be looked at. Jeez! I never thought I would want to be started at in that way. But as my friends kept saying, none of the guys are gonna check me out because I didn't look like a guy in a dress and looked more like a woman all glammed up. The heels were comfy despite being 5 inches high and a little dancing later Sonia decided to cease and desist thanks to highly ineffective air-conditioning. Now I have to say the Kryolan base is absolutely fantastic and didn't run one teeny weeny bit!!

So that evening Sonia danced a little, sat a little, wiggled her pretty little butt a little, smiled a lot, and had so much fun she couldn't believe it was actually happening. She remembered to keep her shoulders pulled back and her elbows in at all times, she remembered to climb up and down stairs sideways thanks to her dress, she remembered to make fluid movements on the floor and even remembered to let the boys lead her into a twirl. My god did she have a good time!!! And my god she wants to do this more and more!!

Epilogue: In 2007 I found this site and in the 6 years since I've gained comfort in the experiences of others, skill in make-up, taste in clothes, confidence in myself and most importantly, an acceptance of myself. It is only right that I offer to you all my gratitude and sharing this experience is one way of doing that. I am sure there will be more opportunities and I will share the interesting ones with you and include photos the next time. But for now I hope you had as much fun reading this as I did that evening.

xoxo...Sonia
    Sonia now has a flickr stream...can she interest you to hop over and take a peek?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/soniacd/
    She's also on Facebook now...and she'd like very much to be your friend
    http://www.facebook.com/sonia.cd1

Beautiful story Sonia! Glad you had such a good time!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Yes Sonia, i very much injoyed reading all about yoiur wonderful inspiring friends and amazing evening!! I sounded like it was everything and more that you always hoped for. i', happy for you1
    Hugs, Jules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Julie Anderson

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Wow, thats great news hun, sounded like a real blast, wish I was with....

Wow Sonia, what a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing, it sounds like you had an amazing evening!

I'm sure you were being "checked out" as you put it. You always look beautiful when you post in the pictures forum.

Now that you've been out you'll definitely want more. Look out world, Sonia has arrived!

Sonia, you are so gorgeous if there were any " straight " guys at the party I'm sure they were checking you out....as a gg...correction, as a beautiful gg.....
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Enjoyed reading the summary of your adventure. Pictured myself in your role as probably many others do as well. Chuckled at your thoughts of missing being lusted after, when previously you were closeted and only showing pictures here at this site. Presentation is a key element, and the transformation you show here is well thought out and truly believable. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and look forward to future postings.

wonderful story, hope you'll more experiences like that in the nearest of future...once the genie is outta bottle, very hard to put it back inside, & i can vouch for that!
    will my dream ever come true??

Platinum Member
    Wonderful experience, Sonia! Now that you've discovered the world, there's no limit to what you can do!

I think that if I was a girl, this story would have made me cry.

Sonia Based on your flickr pictures you waited wayyyyyy to long to go out. Have fun taking all the next steps.

You are a natural lady my friend. Go with the flow and enjoy it Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Wow, you look great! So glad you had a good time. Maybe one of these days I'll get up the courage to go out in public too.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Wow! Sounds like you had an amazing time -- and I'd be surprised if it was anything but, since you are gorgeous. I hope you took some photos during your adventure

Hi Sonia, It sounds like you had a great time and thanks for sharing. Your Flickr pictures look great too. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

OMG!! Thank you all so much!! I did have a blast and yes, this genie isn't going back in the bottle. In a way that does sound a little scary but this girl needs to keep her feet on the ground and focus on reality while allowing herself the occasional flight of fantasy 😉
    And guess what...one if my friends did take a photo that turned out kinda sorta ok. Not the best photo but at least it's a photo

Xoxo...Sonia
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sonia now has a flickr stream...can she interest you to hop over and take a peek?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/soniacd/
    She's also on Facebook now...and she'd like very much to be your friend
    http://www.facebook.com/sonia.cd1

Not-So-New Post-Op Member Leigh Wyndham's Avatar
    Well, Sonia,

What can I say,, except maybe Wowsers!!! I loved the story and the photo,, well,, You're a natural !

Huggs,

Leigh Wyndham

Sonia I enjoyed your story and all I can think of is Cinderella going to the ball.

Wish I could move to India.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sonia,
    It is so nice to see yu out and about I await your next adventure.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Awesome story I'm glad you had a fantastic time.

Sonia, That was a great story. I loved it very much. I'm so happy for you girl

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sonia,

Great story and it sounds like you had a wonderful night. BTW your photos are gorgeous.

Hugs

Isha

Depends..Bangalore, Delhi, Wash DC, Kabul..
    whew..u r some gurl !! Must say u were pretty bold to let ur gay pal along with 3 other unknown dudes come over..i'll be damned if there wasn't at least a doz of guys hitting out at u at the 'party'..

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Sonia, I love the story! You are very much the natural lady, and you should get out and enjoy life more often! Isn't it great to be a "liberated woman"?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016