Thread: Back on track

Platinum Member

Back on track

Last week I share my mortifying experience of being stopped and questioned by a policeman as a result of a call or calls about 'a man dissed like a woman walking around the RV park in the evening'. Turns out its perfectly legal, but I was rattled and my confidence shaken by the experience.

Well, they say that when you get bucked off a horse you have to climb back on. So today, I did. I'm home for the week and took the opportunity to go out shopping. I wore a floral print, sleeveless maxi dress (mix of pinks greens and blues) and matching necklace, earrings and bracelet. First, I dropped off some dry cleaning, then made a trip to the local HEB grocery...the busiest grocery I could find. It was fine. I blended in as well as a tall woman can and was treated just like anyone else. Then off to the Clinique counter at the Dillards department store where I purchased two shades of concealer, a few brushes and some mascara. I got a few goodies thrown in, which made my day and got to visit with two of my favorite SAs.

It was a quick outing, back on familiar turf. I was a tad apprehensive as I stepped out the door, but, it is just like riding a bike...er....a horse...whatever analogy works!

You mean there were no torches or posses? I hope you took the ice cream home between the grocery an the Clinique counter
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Perfect

Very glad you did this and got your confidence back!
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Platinum Member
    No ice cream, but I did drop off the groceries...I had to keep moving to stay ahead of the mob, lost them at the mall. Whew!

Di, I don't know if it's confidence in myself or in the more hospitable environment. Either way, it was nice to get out again!

You go girl!!!! Great comback. The more we are out as ourselves the more we will be accepted out as ourselves. You are an inspiration.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Congrats on getting back on the horse!

Just watch out for the temptation to play Lady Godiva!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gone to live my life
    Glad to hear you got back out there and did not let the last episode set you back.

Isha

That's the way to do it Kim! You only had a minor setback last week.

Hi Kim, you're an inspiration to bounce back after a bad experience. I salute you.

Glad you are back on track Kim. I personally take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt and have a "What, me worry?" Alfred E. Neuman outlook myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    Sometimes doing what we need to do anyway makes it easier than coming up with something to do just because we are dressed. That horse is galloping now!

I am pleased to see you got back up on that bike.
    That was a deflating fall last week.
    Things should get back to normal now you are on your own turf.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Yippee, good to hear, sweetie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    No such temptations, P, I don't have a sufficiently long wig!

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93
    Last week I share my mortifying experience of being stopped and questioned by a policeman as a result of a call or calls about 'a man dissed like a woman walking around the RV park in the evening'. Turns out its perfectly legal, but I was rattled and my confidence shaken by the experience. Well, they say that when you get bucked off a horse you have to climb back on. So today, I did.
    That would’ve rattled me, too! You did the right thing by climbing back on “the horse,” but was there ever an alternative? You are the mistress of your convictions, and I admire you for it...

I've never seen this horse, though - is it going to trot, gallop, or canter past my location any time soon?

Gurls will be Girls petrahughes's Avatar
    Oh my, that must have been a scary interaction with the cops. Glad you have continued to get out n about, go girl !!!

That's great Kim, I'm glad you were able to put the bad incident behind you.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    That would’ve rattled me, too! You did the right thing by climbing back on “the horse,” but was there ever an alternative? You are the mistress of your convictions, and I admire you for it...

I've never seen this horse, though - is it going to trot, gallop, or canter past my location any time soon?
    This horse may carry me back through KS someday. Its been a while. The last time I was near Lidsborg I'd lost cell phone coverage and my navigator lead me on a 200 mile wild goose chase accross Neb & KS. They don't have a lot of cell towers out there!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    This should have read; Lady Godiva, Madonna, Lady GAGA, or Miley Cyrus. Twerking in the park might have gotten you arested!

Platinum Member
    I swear...I have never twerked. I didn't even know what twerking was until the whole Miley Cyrus thing. I'm glad my step daughters chose other career paths!