Thread: Don't I know you from somewhere?

Don't I know you from somewhere?

Does that line really work and do guys really use that line? I guess so because a guy on a bike just used that line on me. I figured I should post this right now when it's still or I probably won't do it.

I was working late tonight at my office and was dressed up in my office gal attire. Anyway, it was just before midnight and I decided to drop off some mail which is a block and a half away.

I usually dress conservatively but it's pretty hot out tonight and it's dark so left on my 4" stillettos (actually 3 3/4 but it rounds up to 4) and I had on a sleeveless LBD and decided against putting on a sweater. In the daytime I would have reduced the heel by at least an inch and put on a sweater. So I'm out for a stroll minding my own business when I see a guy on a bike riding towards me. He's on the other side of the road and then he veers to my side real close and passes by. I can hear him slow down as I keep on walking. Then I figure he's following me since my route has a two turns in it and he was riding in the opposite direction. I'm kind of nervous but this is Toronto so I figure it's safe. The streets are well lit and I was on a fairly major street.

So next thing you know he's right beside me and he says hello, and I say hello back. Then he uses the line "hey, don't I know you from somewhere?". All I could say was no, I don't think so. I guess I could have come up with something a lot better. Then he left me alone, with a huge grin on my face. He never knew.

Sorry for the long post. I don't post too often so I had to put in a lot of background. Anyway, after I got back to my office I figured the best line would have been:

"I bet you say that to all the boys."

Kim

Aspiring Member
    It lacks creativity, but could work as an ice breaker. LOL

OUCH! That last bite could of took the wind completely out of him! Then again well, maybe not!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Was it someone that works with you at your office or someone that comes in there often?
    Its an old pick up line that seems to break the ice in some cases.It is a good habit to look at the face and see if there are any noticeable things about it.
    Then if you are in guy mode you can recognize him and see what he does.
    Maybe he does know you from somewhere.

This was a complete stranger. Neither my male or female self knew him. And he never let on that he figured me out. If he knew I was male that would burst my bubble but I'd still be flattered, and my response still would have been the same.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    OK I was just curious.
    You did fine Kim, kinda nice to be noticed huh?

Yeah, it was a cheesy line but I would have been flattered. Isn't always the way though? We think of the best response well after the fact.
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

I think you did just fine, that's all anyone needs to know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    That would have been a great come back, kim!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Doesn't anyone else see the danger here? You're out just before midnight in a sleeveless LBD and 4 inch heels walking alone. That just doesn't seem all that smart to me.

Platinum Member
    I did have that question in the back of my mind. It does seem more than a tad risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Doesn't anyone else see the danger here? You're out just before midnight in a sleeveless LBD and 4 inch heels walking alone.
    "Wanna give it a go? "could have been his line as well!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Read only
    Kim, first off if you are working at a job and dressed up all girly all I can say to that is you are a lucky girl. Now as far as the don't I know you line from the man on the bike was probably more of a Hey! I would like to know you! So again, lucky girl because you are 2 for 2 now. Wouldn't he have been surprised had you played into that line! Lol!

Well, your profile pic shows you to be very attractive and you have a fabulous smile, even if you are the type of girl who is looking to draw a man's attention or not. I myself know that it feels great and I am sure you were feeling the same and wearing that fabulous smile from ear to ear when composing this thread. Yay! Go Girl, You are 3 for 3. ;.) Big smile back at Ya!

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    As a young man I never used that line. It was what everyone used. I preferred "Didn't we go to different high schools together."
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Yeah, he knew you from somewhere. From his dreams.

And apparently from your dreams too: what a thrill to get hit on like that.

Enjoy the feeling, but as others have said, please try to avoid such potentially dangerous situations.

A guy on a bike is going to have a hard time picking up anyone.

I agree with some folks here, that outfit late at night is going to draw some attention, perhaps unwanted attention.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

What was he going to do? Give you a ride on his bike? Sounds like kind of a strange pick up strategy.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Doesn't anyone else see the danger here? You're out just before midnight in a sleeveless LBD and 4 inch heels walking alone. That just doesn't seem all that smart to me.
    Hi Lynn Marie, I was going to comment on your location and realized that you're probably from Washington state, not DC, where I'd probably would feel safe as a man wearing a bullet proof vest ;-).

This is Toronto, and it's completely safe in this area of downtown. It's well lit, I've been out for strolls for over a year, and most passers by mind their own business... unless they're on bikes and think they know you. Down the street there is an events place so it's not uncommon to see the ladies in cocktail dresses and stilletos but maybe not on a Tuesday night. And all the celebs are in town this week for TIFF so there will be girls wandering around downtown in all hours of the night wearing far less than I was. But that's a little further away from my office but now that's got me thinking about my next outing.

There is no danger in Toronto unless you are selling a used car or one of the mayors friends get a little gun happy. Otherwise, it is safe! It is also dangerous to get out of bed in the morning,...or to stay in it, by the way. It is a pickup line for sure and one thing going out in public CDing has opened my eyes to are the antics guys do to girls. As a male, I would never do that sort of thing and I can't figure out how it would even work if you did say, 'yes I do know you...' if you are quick thinking you can make a fake story and see if the guy tries to fake it by elaborating on fiction.
    Chickie

Maybe you should of said in your deepest voice "Wow, Bob is that you!". Cute story and you look really cute too. Was he riding a bicycle or a motorcycle ?? Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Cute story and does sound like fun - you look wonderful , bet it felt great to be acknowledged as a good looking woman and turning heads ...............Debra

that would have been an awesome comeback Kim. too funny! cute story

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Young View Post
    Then he uses the line "hey, don't I know you from somewhere?". All I could say was no, I don't think so. I guess I could have come up with something a lot better.
    Here's one -

"Um, maybe you do. Are you a prison warden or a psychotherapist?"

Works every time for me!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Maybe not safe but you could have said. "Yes, don't you remember we used to play football for the same team"