Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running for Public Office

If I ran, I'd use the crossdressing as part of the campaign, and my platform would have heavy emphasis on equality for everybody in housing, jobs, etc.

In most parts of the country, being known as a crossdresser would severely hurt your chances of being elected. In some parts, it might help. If people are unhappy with their government, they sometimes vote just to vote everyone out.

Would I vote for you? Not because you are or are not a crossdresser, I would vote for you if your thoughts on government were the same as mine. I would vote for your opponent if they were not.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley_K View Post
    If you got called out for being a CD, would you fully embrace it? Particularly the more closeting folks in here."
    Not if I wanted to be elected. But running would assume some plausible deniability. How out are you? Do you go out dressed? What about your family? Rudy Giuliani has never admitted to being a crossdresser even though pictures of his occasional crossdressing are widely available.

I think there is no comparison today between LGBs and Ts when it comes to running for office as they are much further ahead in acceptance." And, within the T category (think hierarchy) there is no comparison between TSs and CDs.

I would never run for office because I am a crossdresser. Politics are incredibly dirty today. There are many less invasive ways to make your community a better place to live.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 10-14-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Here in this state we had a former county executive that was post op transsexual. Problem was that she didn't really do anything to enhance her 'femininity'. Also we have the first elected US senator that also happens to be a lesbian. From time to time other elected officials have surfaced throughout the US at various levels of government.