I know so many of you are struggling with mental part of your transitions. I am sure most of you cannot see light at the end of the tunnel yet and may think there is no end to that tunnel. I just want to ensure you there is and a very normal and fun life awaits you at the end of your journey, if you allow it.

I want to relay an event that just happened to me. I needed to stop by the local hardware store and pick up a few items for a little project I have going on. Now keep in mind that this is a small farming community and only a select few people here know of my past. They all believe what they see before them.

The store is set up like an old time store where there is a potbelly stove and this is where people gather to talk (shoot the sh!t). As I entered the store I could hear music playing. It was the ZZ Top song Legs. Well I pretended not to notice. Today as usual I am wearing a business suit w/skirt about knee length and 4” heels. I slowly strolled down the aisle toward where 6 guys were hanging out. They all were staring at me or should I say my legs. I played it up a bit just to see what the reaction would be. When I reached where they were I said, hello boys, lovely day isn’t it. One of the young guys said, thank you Miss Jorja, I got to go see my wife now and placed his hat over his crotch area as he got up and left. The others all laughed at him. I paid for my things and started out of the store. One of the guys said, hurry back Miss Jorja. As a matter of fact, can you come in again tomorrow? I replied, Tom, maybe if you were out working you wouldn’t be thinking those thoughts. I winked at him and turned and sashayed down the aisle toward the door, working it just a little bit.

So you see, if you can adjust mentally as well as physically to your new life, You can have a fun and normal life at the end of your journey as the new you.