Thread: skin irritation with breast forms

skin irritation with breast forms

In the last few months the skin behind my breast forms is having a reaction, red and itchy. Have used aloa vera cream to no avail. It takes a week to return to normal after 6-12 hours with the forms in. Any ideas on what to do to stop this from happening?

One way is to let the skin breathe by inserting nursing pads between your breast and the forms.
    The nursing pads absorb any perspiration you may generate.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

How long does it take to create this condition, Melanie? If it isn't more than an hour or so, it may be an allergic reaction. Are your forms latex? (common allergen)

When's the last time you washed them? This happened to me once. A little dish soap and water will wash off all the skin oils that may have built up.

I have noticed that breastforms do not allow the heat and sweat to escape from behind them and this may be causing the irritation. There two ways to eliminate this: you can but some breastform covers, which will keep the forms from having direct contact with the skin, or do like me and purchase a couple of pocketed bras from eBay which will keep the forms away from the skin and more importantly, keep your forms in the proper place on your chest.

Monique

You are not gluing them on are you? If you are, I would suspect the glue is the problem. If not, anything you can put between the forms and your skin should take care of the problem.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Sounds like your forms may just need a cleaning hun.
    Renee

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    ...........Are your forms latex? (common allergen)
    The very question I wanted to ask. I didn't suffer a reaction with my original latex forms but as they smelt quite sickly, I would not be surprised if they could affect others. Due to the smell, I bought a set of silicone forms.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Smile

thanks for all your input. I don't use glue, they just sit happily in my bra. I tried a cotton singlet on first with the bra over that to keep the forms off my skin. The forms I haven't washed as much as I should, just going without for the moment.So I will buy some nursing pads and wash the forms after every use. Problem solved!