Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When the Cleaner comes - do you hide your clothes, makeup etc?

When the Cleaner comes - do you hide your clothes, makeup etc?

Just wondering what others do here. I put all my stuff away but I'm pretty sure there has at times been a rogue g-string in the laundry hamper. It's becoming quite a chore now, moving shoes and clothes from the wardrobe - would love to know what others do.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I never worry about it nobody is going to go thru my dirty laundry.LOL

what cleaner I'm not that posh to have one

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    We had a cleaner until just recently and it was a regular chore for me to ensure all 'pervert' activity was well concealed. She only dusted, hoovered and cleaned the bathroom, so at least the laundry was a no-check zone .

How the rich live eh?

Rebecca
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-13-2013 at 04:36 PM. Reason: quote removed, no need for it
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    No I just let everything stay where it is seeing as how I am the cleaner. Oh, maybe I could hire a cute male maid?????

I have a lady who comes every other week for about half a day to clean my home. She does not do laundry. I know that I have left out the stray panty, maybe a skirt or top or two and if she ever opened up one of my sliding closet doors as she cleans the mirrors on them, then she will know more than she wants to. She also know my daughter and EX for whom she has also provided some cleaning services. I treat it as a personal DADT situation. I assume she knows, I make every effort to keep the stuff out of her sight, and act as I always do around her, friendly and talkative.

I also have another CD friend who assumes that her periodic cleaning lady also knows. If one is really worried about them finding out, then they need to make the special effort to keep them from seeing what does not need to be seen.

Err, I do all my own cleaning myself and if you spent less time and energy trying to hide things, then you'd probably have the time and energy to clean up yourself.
    Just my thoughts, sorry for the bluntness, but having a cleaner is a thought that couldnt settle with me personally.

x
    Tara, the fab me!

Well Tara, each to their own as you should well know and appreciate. Crossdressing doesn't 'settle' with some but we hope that those it doesn't 'settle' with don't pass judgement. Continued good wishes evolving.

It just seems to me a logical way to avoid such fears of leaving the odd item of evidence lying about. As long as your cleaner isn't a mixture between Columbo and the Town Gossip you'll be grand. But you're right, this place isn't one for judgements to be made.

Thankyou though, every week its getting better
    Tara, the fab me!

Well said Michelle. Because I can afford someone to clean up for me periodically, I should also feel bad about that? Maybe some people should get a better paying job and quit complaining about other people's successes. Learn to enjoy life more. I value my time to do the things that I enjoy as a priority. I am retired, worked hard, earned well and am far from ashamed of that. To be clear, I am well aware of trying to make ends meet financially based on my own experiences. I respect all that work hard by others to earn whatever they can and try to live life as best they can. But, I do have a hard time when someone's bluntness sounds as negative as that reply. I just do not like people talking down to others, especially on such a simple, interesting and real topic as the OP's.

Bluntness has its place, at times. Most of the time it does not. This is one time that it sure sounds like whining and complaining about other's successes to me.

Oh, if you are trustworthy and come with good references, and have so much organized time on your hands, you can come over and I could give you a try out. I pay a decent wage for about 4 hours of work, plus all the occasional freebies, like used big screen TV's, unneeded furniture, and other things that my neighbors and I would normally end up taking to a thrift store, and a extra day's wages for the holidays.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle33
    When the Cleaner comes - do you hide your clothes, makeup etc?
    I AM the cleaner, so there is never a problem. I can leave things in plain sight at all times…

We don't hide anything except in plain sight so to speak. But our/my only concern is an old friend that is our Pest Control man. And he has a tendency to be nosey and talk a lot but like I said it's all so open he never questions it not belonging to my wife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I started have a cleaning person come to our home about three months ago. I didn't hide anything and she brought up the topic of my clothing/wig/makeup to me. She was just curious and I told her all about being TG. She's very accepting. I work from home exclusively and normally dress en femme. I just started following my normal routine last week and she (the cleaning person) thinks I look fine and doesn't treat me any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    I AM the cleaner, so there is never a problem. I can leave things in plain sight at all times…
    Me too. But my cleaner wears sexy things while going about the chores. Vacuuming in heels is a great way to break them, and your feet, in. Also very helpful for getting into corners

Hugs, Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    No I just let everything stay where it is seeing as how I am the cleaner. Oh, maybe I could hire a cute male maid?????
    Sounds like a plan to me Jorja.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    I'm not having any male in my house dressed as a female.........ah damn, that's me .
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

My girl has been with me since I moved here in 2006 so she's seen everything. I was a dude when she met me, now I'm a chick. She gets a kick out of it and she never had a problem calling me Melissa. Plus she always tells me I'm pretty. ;-)

Interesting story; When I told her I was going to Mexico for surgery she asked if I was going to see Dr Cardenas. She grew up near Guadalajara and happens to be familiar with the Cardenas family who are apparently like the Mexican Rockefellers.

Small world.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I have someone come over every monday to do some cleaning and I always hide my stuff I get that paranoid about being found out, I have had a few close calls and I don't intend on getting found out haha

I'd fire my cleaner, but, again, it's me. Oh, wait, I can't fire me; I've already quit!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

No cleaners to worry about here, can't afford one.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

We have someone come once every couple of weeks for deeper cleaning around the house. Since I am wearing genderqueer clothes and some makeup I don't hide anything and I don't think she cares. I have got some compliments from my postal woman on my fashion sense. My wife suggests that I at least remember when the UPS guy comes around that I am wearing stockings with lace tops and short shorts but I don't think they care either. My wife is only vaguely concerned. It 's a good thing I'm dressing for myself and not for the effect I have on others!

A cleaner, there's posh I'd love a cleaner to come round but my wife already has one: Me! Mind you I'd soon be fired if she was paying me as I'm still on a learning curve says me as I eye the empty crisp packet on the table and the assorted child generated debris scattered on the floor.

My sister has a cleaner come round, a nice Lithuanian lady or Ukranian not sure which who also cleans for my Mother.

As for hiding the evidence, practically speaking a locked wardrobe might do the trick. I wouldn't be too worried about the odd piece of underwear lying around. That automatic assumption would be that it belongs to a lady friend who had been visiting. A pair of size ten shoes on the other hand? That might be obvious. But then again she's paid to clean not pass judgement.

my pest control guy got to see my water balloons in the closet. I never realized he would go I the closets

I suspect that you can get lots of volunteers around here!lol

Quote Originally Posted by vallerie lacy View Post
    my pest control guy got to see my water balloons in the closet. I never realized he would go I the closets
    If they were water filled balloons,then you had stored ammo,however if they were water filled condoms,then you have some explaining to do!
    Last edited by Eryn; 09-15-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Please use the edit or multiquote buttons to avoid consecutive posts.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I don't have a maid, but sometimes I am one. She's not very good at cleaning (just dusting a little) but I keep her around for how she looks.