Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween is not your salvation

I have a gay friend in LA who commented that Halloween is when all the cross dressers come out. If they really though they were women, why would they use that for a Halloween costume? Very valid point. If we are attempting to be ourselves, then we wouldn't consider that a costume. While I know many who do not yet have the confidence to go out pretty, can do so on Halloween, I would like to challenge them to not dress as a woman, but dress as a character that a woman would. Such as ballerina, pirate wench, Disney princess, female zombie etc. Don't dress as the girl next door. I agree, if your not wishing to come out, many will definitely wonder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Oh! Don't dress as a zombie! People might aim for your head! Have mercy! Do not dress as Frankenstein (or his bride)! They will grab their pitchforks! They might burn you at the stake of you dress as a witch! And whatever you do, do NOT put a star on your Christmas tree this year! That is a dead giveaway that you are from space! *rolls her eyes* Hell, just tell people you're dressed as a crossdresser for Halloween!! LMAO!
    ” I'm hell on heels, say what you will ”

Quote Originally Posted by Ceri Anne View Post
    I would like to challenge them to not dress as a woman, but dress as a character that a woman would. Such as ballerina, pirate wench, Disney princess, female zombie etc.
    or as a guy? or as a guy pretending to be a woman pretending to be a guy?

No one here has really posted anything serious right? All tongue in cheek? Because otherwise I have to wonder about you all
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

This is such an irony! So many of us are worried about looking to comfortable, naturally feminine or convincing at Halloween. Then when we dress to go out we can't be comfortable, act naturally feminine and much less convincing and worry about the world looking straight at us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Maybe dressing on halloween is more about sticking one foot out of the closet - a way to show that you do have an interest in CDing without making an actual statement. Someone told me long ago that's it's better to joke about being kinky than to keep it all pent up inside. So why not let a few people see you dressed one day of the year when others are wearing costumes? Will people talk? Wonder? Assume? Yes, they will. But for some of us it may be a way of testing the waters. I don't see myself dressing on halloween, but I'm pretty sure those that do know what they're getting into.

Oh, once I wore a blonde wig with a monster mask. I wonder if I outed myself? haha

Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    your really ruining it for a lot of people.
    Cus he has nothing better to do...

We have tones of men who dress as women here for halloween, no one cares, no one is talking about it, people are having parties and having a good laugh... you need to stop ruining it for people and those agreeing with you, stop being sheep... baaaaaaa........
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

"100% of your friends and strangers (even kids on the candy hunt) will think you are a closet cross dresser or more likely gay. .-.... It's not a costume, it's a statement.
    "

Having considered it as a possible way to get out of the house for once and for all, I do believe you're right in the end.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-19-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Everyone should feel overwhelmingly sexy now-and-then.

Sejd
    I wholeheartedly agree with your post. It's a terrible mistake if you do that. That's the one evening you should NOT dress :0)

To much over thinking. Dress up and have fun.

Any CDer who DOESN'T dress up for Halloween at least once in his life would probably be accused (by some here) of overcompensating.
    Hey, we're crossdressers! It's our day!

Good points all around, I think.
    Proceed with caution.

As an aside, Is this just costume to you, or are your drab clothes the costume?

I for one want to be the bunny girl from the first episode of the Walking Dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

Did you have a bad experience on Halloween Jennifer.? ..your kinda knocking down something many here look forward to ...someone here for the first time reading this may react and be afraid to do something they have been looking forward to... cuz they are in the closet.... and to them its a chance for some fun ..it's Halloween ..everyone can be who they want ..who cares ...ya.. you might get a laff ...and on the other hand if you pull it off well with pride of who you are... you may just get a compliment..its not the bad..roll the dice ...

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I disagree 100%. 'Normal' guys do not dress up as women. Ever. Not even as jokes.
    Unless they are participating in cancer support activities. Or are participating in Take Back The Night. Or are participating in ****Walk. Or came through the British boys school system, where the women were always played by men (which there is hundreds of years of tradition for, because in a number of European countries, acting on stage was prohibited for women.) Or they are part of an all-male sketch comedy or improv act.

And unless they're professional swimmers, NO GUYS shave their legs.
    Unless they are bicycle racers. Or are speed skaters. Or are wrestlers. Or have medical problems with their legs. Or are models.

I shaved my legs a couple of times, for cross-dressing reasons, several years ago. My wife noticed quickly. No-one else said a thing, never a question.

These days I do not shave my legs because I simply have so little hair on them that it would almost be pointless. It just happened that way. There might be a relationship to HRT, but I do recall that it was getting fairly sparse even before that. No-one asks, no one stares, no one cares.

Wonderful. Next you're all going to tell me that the Great Pumpkin doesn't exist either!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Read only
    No Sherlyn, never had a bad experience. Never dressed as a woman for halloween. But those few rare guys who did, were always talked about in exactly the way I described. The point is, you don't need Halloween to go out. You're proof of that as am I. In fact, a "woman" is not a costume! I think expectations can run so high because this odd event seemingly provides some cover. It doesn't cover cross dressers. And as I wrote in the original post: dress and have fun. But be prepared or as you stated, "..roll the dice ..."
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-19-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: you don't need to quote the post, next time it gets deleted

But I'm wondering Jennifer... you say a few rare guys who did ...that's rare ???..lol ...I think not ....sounds like the few can control the many ..in this case I think not .....and of course roll the dice

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Never dressed as a woman for halloween.
    That's interesting. Never did it but knows all the bad stuff that will happen if you do.
    Many of us did it, had a great time, and lived to tell about it.
    Stated with authority, having done it.

Platinum Member
    Just remember whatever you do...someone, somewhere may take exception...so don't do anything!

But seriously, in our culture any public display of CDing will elicit questions from at least a few suspicious souls. My first wife immediately assumed a guy to be gay because he dressed up like a hooker for a Halloween party. That in spite of knowing I was a CDr.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 09-19-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Gone to live my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    The point is, you don't need Halloween to go out. You're proof of that as am I. "
    Hi Jennifer,

I agree in principle that one must be prepared for what they do. If you go out dressed en femme and someone you know clocks you as a CDer and confronts you, then you can either claim plausible deniability (dude relax it was a costume that some guys dared me to wear) or fess up.

As far as passing, while some like yourself may be able to pass and are quite comfortable with it, some of us (myself included) have a hard time passing for even a few seconds. So for those of us who really want to experience stepping out en femme, this one night might be blessing and yes it could go bad or it could be fine . . . you roll the dice and pay the price.

And unless they're professional swimmers, NO GUYS shave their legs.
    Really, lots of guys (non-CD) remove body hair for various reasons. I have fought competitively for years (UFC style) and let me tell you the first time an opponent yanks out a hunk of chest or leg hair, you run screaming for the razor and wax.

In the end . . . it's a holiday . . . can't we just enjoy that without a debate?

Platinum Member
    Jennifer may be correct that some may suspect the guy is too convincing not to be a cross dresser. I went out dressed on two Halloweens and dressed as an ordinary female. If I was going to muster up my courage and do that, I wasn't going to waste it dressing as a Disney Princess or French Maid. I wanted to dress as an ordinary woman. I did not go to a venue where family, friends and neighbors may hang out or I would encounter them. I went where nobody would know me.

I always thought it would be great to host or be invited to a Halloween party where the theme would be men attired as women. It would be interesting to see the wide range of dress up.

When I have viewed the annual "Walk in Her Shoes" breast cancer fundraiser, it is interesting to see some guys are wearing hot pink shower flip-flops and other on the other end of the spectrum wearing four inch strap on heels. Of course, the women around me remarked about the four inchers must be CDers while the flip-flops are chicken.

I wouldn't totally disagree with you but, Halloween is a great time to peek out of the closet a little. I don't think just dressing female is a good costume, but to go as a female character is fun for all especially when you do it top notch. Last year I went as a french maid, legs shaved, pierced earrings, hair, makeup, nails, the whole nine yards. It was huge hit with everyone. No negative reactions. This year I'm going as Wonder Woman and hope to have the same experience. Yes maybe I run the risk of people thinking I might be a closet cross dresser. So what it's fun and I get to be out for an evening as me and if anyone wonders about me then they won't be as shocked when I do come out some day.

for me halloween was my favorite time of year. its the best time to risk it. to dress as a woman action figure, pirate, maid, nurse what ever its the best shot many will have to get a taste of it. for the guys that dont pass it will be a good time.

for those that do, it maybe the chance to prove it.

my wife told me I put to many details into dressing it shows I'm serious, that I want to look like a woman (transvestite)

I really don't care if I'm made, I'm not made by everyone. and its a riot.

I loved to see myself in a skirt with high heels watching a movie, after having dinner out on Halloween.

just to put it out there, I dress as a woman some thing. as a woman pirate, as a woman doll, as a biker babe.

pick a theme and have fun.

I'd say go for it.
    Last edited by MssHyde; 09-19-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

I only dressed enfemme for Halloween once, back in the 7th grade. Figure I dress enfemme all I want the rest of the year.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

I wish there was a yearly day for just wearing costumes, other than Holloween. I used to go to summer singles masqurade dances. Holloween has dark origins, and undertones, but, it is a chance for us who are not ready to go out regularly, to go out, and i doubt there will be trouble, unless alcohol is greatly involved. Since i am not into bar scene, I hope to go to some stores, maybe a mall, Wallyworld, and enjoy that i won't be the only one not dressed as normally.

girly girl
    I don't usually reply to discussion threads after they have received this many posts, but decided to make an exception this time...

I'm a little surprised no one mentioned the same feeling I have lurking in the lower portions of my mind - the feeling that although I'm closeted, I kind of don't want to be. I know that by wearing a female costume, I'm making a statement. I believe part of me WANTS that statement to be made. It's like coming out in a minor, passive sort of way.

I'm OK with others thinking I think it's just a Halloween costume I wear with impunity, when all the while I know perfectly well I'm making a statement, that I'm revealing something about myself. After all these years of hiding my Abby side, I think part of me kinda wants people to know. Halloween is a great time to drop a little (or not so little) hint. Maybe if one day I do ever come out, everyone will just say, "yeah I knew ever since you wore that _____ costume".
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-19-2013 at 09:38 PM.