Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Halloween is not your salvation

Sherry, I stand to be corrected. I almost did edit my post to add "women" to that sentence.

As to blowing it off, isn't this a discussion forum where we are free to offer our opinions? On the other hand, all my life the people who know me have always thought me rather intense. I guess I'm just wired that way. But I do have fun at parties though!
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    I have to disagree with the assumption that "normal" guys do not dress up at all. We have gone to a number of parties with males in female costumes. No one questioned if they were a CD. Boys in my school dressed up for plays. Many of us dressed for Greek week skits. And entertainers have done it forever! It's pretty common for boys and men to be interested in women's clothing and the whole "I wonder" thing. If you want to go out on Halloween, don't go as a female........go as a female character. Wonder Woman, Fairy Princess, Scarlett O'hara.........And have fun!!
    There's the pink fog rolling in. Because most of us here had desires and curiosities about female clothing, we want to believe that the feeling is universal among all boys. I don't think so. And perhaps no one ALOUD saig anything about suspecting if a guy who's in a girl costume has anything else going on, but they most likely suspected something. But just like wondering if some guy is the local serial killer, you don't blurt it out in public; but still, you wonder if maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I think the first time you go out dressed on Halloween, no one will think you'e a crossdresser. But, they will always remember the time you wore a girl costume, and if you dress as a girl a second time Anytime in Your lifetime, you'll be made. You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
    It's because among straight males, wearing women's clothing is not done. Ever. It's simply not acceptable, and there's no valid reason that you can tell a person why a guy would want to wear a dress. None. None of 'the material is nicer', none of 'it feels better' will convince them. We can fool ourselves if we try hard enough and say it enough, but the public doesn't have this pink fog going on. So when they see it, they automatically wonder why he's doing this. From the moment we're self aware, boys are made to believe that being labeled as a sissy is the worst possible thing he can be. That alone, is a huge deterrent to any little boy from even considering putting on girl clothing. As he gets older and learns that being considered feminine is a sexual turn off to women, that's another huge deterrent. So when the general public sees a guy intentionally dressing up, and acting like a girl, they automatically wonder why. And, things being what they are, and the reason women dress up the way they do (to attract men), it will also be assumed that that guy is doing it for the same reason, whether he admits to it or not, and even then he's going to be assumed to be in denial about himself.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Leigh View Post
    Totally disagree.....in my experience most men will dress in public as a woman at any oppurtunity....I think all men are actually closet CDers....ironically as a Cder I dont
    As a fellow Englishman, I agree wholeheartedly with this...I've seen a decent proportion of my mates and acquaintances in female attire...I've done it twice (very sloppily mind you) but I didn't even equate it with my private dressing habit...I didn't feel that I was giving away any clues at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
    I have to disagree with the assumption that "normal" guys do not dress up at all. We have gone to a number of parties with males in female costumes. No one questioned if they were a CD.
    Sally, let me ask you a question. Do these males dress to blend or pass? I'll share an experience. We live in a college town and last Saturday my SO and I went out for pizza. Low and behold, about 20-25 young men who were being hazed for a fraternity walked and ran by, all dressed like women. They had all types of caricature outfits on, things that you would never, EVER see a woman wear. Some had wigs and some did not. The ones who had wigs were halfway falling off. The ones who had breasts were huge balloon type breasts. The ones who had makeup had painted their faces crudely, like dolls. They most definitely were not trying to present as women the way that CDers do here. It was all a parody for them, especially the ones with glitzy dresses and heels (which they were falling off of), boa scarves, with vivid makeup and no wig and a beard.

I think that men who dress like this have a hoot at Halloween parties and I think that everyone knows they are men having fun. But a CDer who dresses to blend and pass? This is a whole nuther class of "costume". I'm not sure, but I think the OP referenced the type of CDing that most people here engage in, who are not trying to parody anyone, even if they show up in a well thought out, elaborate Halloween character or period costume.
    Reine

Halloween has never been a favorite holiday for me since my mothers passing 20 yrs ago.
    Now I choose to express myself as much as possible being outside and just living life.
    Some that are not so brave. just be careful and safe and if you feel like they will see thru your costume then it is up to you to say what ever you feel like.
    Usually and Halloween you shouldnt have to explain your costume. Trust me being out here in Vegas Ive seen alot and it takes alot to shock this girl.
    Now if you ever wanna see some sigts you need to come out and see the Fetish and Fantasy ball.
    Hugs
    Renee

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    ...I think that men who dress like this have a hoot at Halloween parties and I think that everyone knows they are men having fun. But a CDer who dresses to blend and pass? This is a whole nuther class of "costume". I'm not sure, but I think the OP referenced the type of CDing that most people here engage in, who are not trying to parody anyone, even if they show up in a well thought out, elaborate Halloween character or period costume.
    Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner! 106 replies says a lot about the subject matter.

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Reine, I might agree with you if people were trying and actually could blend. But for the vast majority of us that isn't going to happen. Just tell them you really wanted to try to make it real, have supreme confidence in yourself, and laugh at yourself and I don't think most of us would have much to worry about. There will always be some people who think it might be too real, but I suspect most will forget about you in a few weeks unless they're looking at photos, and think more about who you present as the other 364 days. Life moves quickly, people move on, etc.

Wow! This thread is serious business. Holy Cow!
    Want advice? Put some effort into your presentation.....you will be respected and rewarded.

I decided I'm not doing Halloween this year. I'm pretty much girl most of the time, except for work, and there are no more secrets, except for work, and that's just how it is. My family knows, my fiends know. And I haven't been eaten by anti-transgender monsters yet.

Honestly, most people are so into themselves, they really don't put much thought into things that don't affect themselves. At least, that's how it is where I live. I know a guy, actually a close friend of mine, who crossdressed one Halloween. It was a bit strange, but when it was over, no one cared. Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't? I'm too busy living my life to care.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 09-22-2013 at 10:51 AM. Reason: quote removed no need for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline Winona View Post
    Reine, I might agree with you if people were trying and actually could blend. But for the vast majority of us that isn't going to happen. Just tell them you really wanted to try to make it real, have supreme confidence in yourself, and laugh at yourself and I don't think most of us would have much to worry about. There will always be some people who think it might be too real, but I suspect most will forget about you in a few weeks unless they're looking at photos, and think more about who you present as the other 364 days. Life moves quickly, people move on, etc.
    A very sensible reply there. The OP appears to be a bit of a killjoy...or paranoid.

While I see validity in everyone's opinion I just want to have fun.
    A comment I heard once at a costume party. what ever the costume. it reveals something about the wearer.

Gone to live my life
    Really . . . Seriously. I'll say it again . . . IT'S HALLOWEEN and it is suppose to be fun. There is way too much soul searching on this subject. I get it, some people don't want to dress-up "en femme" because they pass/blend/live whatever as a woman . . . good for you. I would have to agree as I am not about to go out on Halloween dressed in my regular clothes and say . . . "Hey I'm a guy for Halloween". This is not because I feel I am betraying my masculine soul or side of me, it is because it doesn't make sense from a Halloween perspective. So for you it doesn't make sense because you can pass/blend live whatever as a woman. I respect your decision . . . go forth and sin no more.

However, in the sense of fairness for those of us who cannot pass/blend/live whatever as a woman, please provide the same courtesy without getting all wrapped up in "my way or the highway" mentality. My goodness it is like getting advice from reformed smokers. Perhaps some of you have forgotten (because you have been doing it so long) just how hard it is to want to present publicly and feel you can't for whatever reason. Believe me, all the "just do it because lots of us have and survived" rhetoric will not help (more likely to hinder) until you are ready. Surely you must remember this yourself?

The one question I will ask the naysayers is "Early in your CD exploration, did you ever go out for Halloween en femme (female character or just a woman)? If so, why? If you answered yes, then I don't see why you have make it a negative just because you leaped a great hurdle in life and are now out and about foot loose and fancy free.

This might be the one time in the year that some of us feel we have a fighting chance to just be out there for who we are. It also might be the catalyst for more trips into the sun. Isn't that a good thing? We can't all be as lucky as some of you - so please don't rain on our parade. If we get read and someone says the next day "Hey I think you are gay or a tranny" then we'll have to deal with it. That's life we all make our own choices and have to live by them . . . guy or girl

My two cents

Hugs

Isha
    Last edited by Marcelle; 09-22-2013 at 06:43 AM.

These kind of threads make it clear that we're all coming from a different place. Our unique experiences add up to a prism we look thru or a paradigm. Some of us have been laughed at or ridiculed while others have never had any problems regarding dressing shopping, acceptance etc. Some of us are afraid to tell anyone that we dress, while others are way beyond that. If you're afraid of being outed for dressing on halloween, wear the same vampire costume you wore last year or stay home like you did last year. Or face your fears and take a chance.

It's like we've acquired the Halloween police.... seriously, get real, it's Halloween, people dress up, it's not about passing or blending in, it's about standing out, who can create the best costume.. it's NOTHING TO DO WITH CDING....... so you naysayers and holier than thou Halloween police, try getting out more, you seriously lead sheltered lives if you think Halloween is not going to help you get out... of course it is IT'S A HOLIDAY... omg...
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Isha really nailed this whole conversation with her post (#113). I couldn't have said it better if I really tried. No one here started their CDing and jumped right out the door. No one. If you say you did, your lying to yourself and Us. Halloween is that one day of the year that we all can experience being out dressed. why try to convince other sister's that what they are doing is wrong, that they shouldn't do it, or that their world will end the next day? I only hope that any girl here that just wants to get out there for that one day where it shouldn't matter does. if not you'll wait a whole year just to hear the same BS again.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

So let's be done with the bs and close the thread, it's ran its' course anyway.... There will always be a few that try and ruin it for others, maybe you naysayers should try getting a life...

Thread done!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn