Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Besides all the clothing stuff...

Eddie,
    I've actually tried looking for you via YIM to talk with you, but since you did say you were out of town. We can make some time some other time to shoot the shit.

From viewing your pictures, I'm going to give you my own personal two cents. As much as you like the earrings and painted fingernails, that's something you are going to have to rid yourself of. I think the hair could go shorter as well. I completely rid myself of my hair, because hair on my head always brought out the girlish look. If you still want some hair, try slicking it back. There are plently of short haired girls that have a messy hair thing going on, so it pretty much works against you. From viewing your pictures, it looks like you shape your eyebrows. If that's the case, don't. Guys don't shape their eyebrows. Shave inbetween to keep yourself from ever getting a unibrow, but no more than that.

I would agree that dressing with button down shirts tucked out and jeans and boots...might work out better for you in the end. I know you are goin' for that rocker look and all...ever think of wearin' something like 'work shirts' or band t-shirts with sleeves with one size (not 10 sizes) too big pants? You don't want to wear super baggy pants, but you don't want to wear pants that hug your girly hips either. Sleeveless shirts...well unless you have a bit of hair on your arms and underarms...I wouldn't recommend it. I know you said something about puttin' on make up that looked natural...but guys don't wear makeup. I know I get tempted at times to put on a tad of makeup when I have a pimple or something, but it's just something I have to deal with until it's gone.

Work on that voice of yours some more as well. It'll definitely help you with bein' called 'sir' more often.

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Sideburns... No, I don't shape my brows. Don't touch them at all, actually. They're natural, just the way they are. Bushy and black, but arched.
    They're not that high actually, and I was raising them in the one pic where I was looking up (in a blue shirt I think), but they are low-- right above the lids.
    I'll be on YIM once I get home, but I'm not on my computer; I'm on my stepmum's and she doesn't have YIM. I'll be home around the 18th of this month, so hopefully I'll get to talk to you then. You can always email me at demian_tv@yahoo.co.uk and I'll get back within a day or possibly two days.
    I usually only wear sleveless shirts with another shirt over them. I've got quite a bit of hair on my arms but can't stand not shaving my pits. That, and my parents would find that a bit weird since I used to be so damn picky about shaving every day.
    As for the hair, it actually seems to be working for me. I just got it cut a couple of weeks ago and haven't been out too much. I don't want to shave my head as I like hair and have a touch of psoriasis on my head, which wouldn't be good to show off. But, yeah, the hair seems to be working so far.
    Yeah, guys don't wear makeup, but I've got a kind that you can't see at ALL. Even up close. It looks like I'm not wearing any, and I don't mind wearing it. Nobody notices if I do wear it, so I think it's okay.
    Earrings... I've seen a lot of guys who wear them, but I think perhaps I should stick to a simple stud or tiny hoop unless I'm playing onstage or something. Nails I don't do unless I'm dressing in my metal gear. Problem is I forget to take it back off once I'm done with it.
    I'm working on the voice. Maybe I should scream at night before I go to bed or something, to make it lower, but that's bad for the voice and, as a singer, I don't want to **** it over. Since I'm out of town I haven't had much opportunity to work on it much, but once I get home, I'll work harder on that, too.

Tristen, I'll try to work on that.

Jen: Thanks very much; I'll take this all into consideration.
    And, damn it, but I left my sunglasses back in Utah.

I suppose ultimately all men are different and it might help once I get into Uni if I introduce myself as a guy and get introduced to more people as such. I'll see in the next few weeks how I'm pulling it off.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie M.
    Just some suggestions. Now how can I get people to call me 'miss'?
    Julie...
    Open your hands, pull your elbows in, keep your arms and legs close to the body.

Also, use very little makeup (no lipstick... just gloss), wear sweats that have been washed at least ten times or a jogging suit and large sun glasses, flats or sneakers only, buy a short, curly wig in mousy brown, hang around groups of tall and/or large GGs, try not to let people see your hands, rent or borrow a small child that you can drag around by the wrist while you are shopping, start sleeping only 5 hours a night so you always look tired and stressed, take some sandpaper or steel wool and wear off the tips of your fingernail polish, don't smile at anyone you don't know, under any circumstances and never pick up or carry anything over 5 pounds... ask for someone to help you!
    Hummmmmm.... do you really want to get called "Miss" that badly.

Alternative solution... be prepared to spend about $35,000 on cosmetic surgery!!!

Alternative solution #2... just be who you are, do what you have been doing... and hang around groups of tall and/or large GGs!
    [size=3]---Jen--------- [/size][size=1]*[/size]