Thread: Time of the year ?

Time of the year ?

Why is it that sometimes I want to dress and when it gets to September/October, I feel that I need to dress ?..this seems to happen every year.

The cooler weather. Not too not, not too cold, no snow and ice. Plus fall fashions are the best!!!

Some natural cycle hard wired into your brain perhaps?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For me, autumn just signals in me a feeling of having a 'new start' at life in certain ways. It's because our school years in U.S.A. started in September. So each year, we got to try to make our lives better than the previous school year. Every year, I'd hope things would be different. And every year, they weren't, until I got to college.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

When it comes to cooler weather, it means I can better hide my lingerie under my clothing.

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    I know what you mean. The slightly cooler nights. the leaves changing. And wah la my inner girl can't wait to dress, and act so girly. Been like this for years, I so enjoy this time of year. Think I might clear coat my nails now. hugs
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol P View Post
    Why is it that sometimes I want to dress and when it gets to September/October, I feel that I need to dress ?
    For me, it's not so much the need as the opportunity. The kids are back in school, so I can have a lot more time on my own or with just my wife at home...

Platinum Member
    Hi Carol, For me it means getting out my Winter Whites and putting away the Summer whites and the white shoes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    When it comes to cooler weather, it means I can better hide my lingerie under my clothing.
    I will second this one.

My preference is for spring/summer fashions, but these days a cover up is more of a necessity and fall/winter does start to hold some appeal.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

For my SO it is because the cooler weather is more comfortable to dress in, she loves sweaters, and also the Fall catalogs come out in the summer with all too tempting Fall fashions.

There's an equal surge in the Spring.
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Spring and summer for me thanks fall is when you break out the sweaters which is fine too.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Spring and summer when the weather is warm and sunny. I enjoy wearing sleeveless tops and my shorter skirts are less obviously wrong. There is the discomfort of a corset with hotter weather but that's offset by the longer daylight.

Then there's autumn and winter. Out with the boots and my (medical) stockings don't look so out of place plus I don't have to worry so much about body hair.

Oh, that means year round love of dressing. Yeah!!

Cooler/colder weather makes me want to dress. I prefer not to sweat in my clothes. Plus, daylight savings where the sun sets earlier. Going out at night I feel like I have more stealth. I also love fall/winter fashion. Its very sexy with leather/lace and tights and boots.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Cooler weather is for me too; it's too hard/uncomfortable to hide a bra or ph under male clothes in summer

I'm a summer person that loves the sun and warm weather. I just feel so much better in the summer that it increases my desire to dress. I have depression problems in the dead of winter and don't feel like doing much then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

girly girl
    Hey Carol, I feel the autumnal queues you speak of. I dress year-round but my main attraction to the fall season is I don't need shorts or short sleeves any more in male mode. Which means.... no more hair in the leg and underarm areas!!!! In fact I just had my legs waxed today, they haven't been bare since March. Ahhhhhhh.......... so nice!

i prefer summer for dressing as I can shave my legs and wear skirts but fall is perfect wearing for tights which I really like too

And I thought it was only me. My interest always increases in the fall. Don't know why, but I'm pretty sure it's not related to the latest fall fashions or catalog cycles. Feels more primal than that.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 09-23-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Why is it that sometimes I want to dress and when it gets to September/October, I feel that I need to dress ?..this seems to happen every year.

I have noticed this in me too. I thought it had something to do with the anticipation of Halloween coming but there is more too it than that. the change over in styles signal something in me. I gravitate to fall and winter dress styles. the cooler temps also allow more opportunity to under dress more comfortably.