Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking a GG you don't know where she bought an item of clothing....

Banned Read only

Asking a GG you don't know where she bought an item of clothing....

Have you done this also?

I once asked a woman in town where she bought her leather mini. She told me, smiled and said it made her day.

No, I have never been that.....forward?....not sure of the proper word. There have been many times though where i will see a woman wearing the most gorgeous heels I have ever seen and have wanted to ask but never have. I could never find a way that didn't seem "creepy" to do such of a complete stranger. Now, if someone I know has a nice pair of heels, or whatever, I most certainly will ask
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    She approached me to ask for directions, so it was not a complete opener on my part.

I have asked about looks and styles on many occasions.
    When soliciting for photographic models you do have to refine your approach.
    You do learn to speak to women more easily and interact with them.
    No use being tongue tied, er um er, what was I going to say.... Does not help.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Never a stranger, but I have asked women that I know where they've gotten certain items.
    They all know I'm married so the immediate belief is that I'm asking for my wife...if they only knew...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I do not ask about intimates unless I have known the person for a while or the topic has already arisen.

From time to time, for no reason I can think of, I get the "vibe" that a woman would think me creepy if I were to ask, so I do not ask those ones.

Otherwise, yes, I do ask from time to time, and it seems to be mostly taken as a compliment.

Last week I was waiting near a grocery store for my transportation to arrive. I was wearing skirt and top, long hair -- my usual for public these days. A young woman (20-ish?) came by, and I told her that I liked her skirt. She brightened right up and said she loved it too, and she twirled around and said that she loved how floaty it was, and she walked on with a smile. (This incident wasn't me asking where she bought it, but it was close enough; I could tell she would have been happy to talk more about it if I had asked.)

I have thought about it but was never able to get the nerve to do it

The secret is to compliment a woman on the particular item or on everything she is wearing. She will be so astounded that you have picked her to compliment, that she will answer any question about what she is wearing. WE all love compliments. I have done it. Unfortunately I was asking so I could buy the dress for my wife.

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    I have many a time. It always starts with a complement about the clothing item, after that I may ask where she got it so I can "tell my wife"......I have never had a bad reaction, but I am careful the ones that I complement.

Many times, always starting with a compliment, last weekend shopping with miss 14, woman behind counter had a lovely top (woven wool/polyester with a shiny rubber looking exterior weave), even got to touch it. She got it overseas so I couldn't buy one
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I have also complimented a woman or girl about what they were wearing, skirt, top, coat, boots, whatever. I do it with a smile and if curious enough, I will ask what brand and where they got it. Asked in the right way most women will respond happily.

Complement all you want and ask away...Especially if you believe that item may be available in YOUR size range!! It really helps to think about that before moving from the compliment to the question of where they bought it..And I think it makes a big difference if it is a "girl to girl thing" rather than a "guy to girl thing"...My thoughts anyway..
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

A few months a go I saw a lady wearing a beautiful skirt. I wanted to ask her about it but was to nervous. Next time it will be different.
    Thanks, good thread.

Silver Member
    Often I give compliments to women regarding their attire - and some are (somewhat) shocked as they state they "usually don't get any kind of reaction to their clothes, no matter what they are wearing". Being in the fashion side, some also ask about what goes with what (colors/textures/patterns/etc), and I'm glad to help.

I've had GG's come up to me and ask about a certain item of clothing I was wearing. I get giddy as a school girl when that happens. I have asked girls on occasions about clothing they are wearing, usually just to complement. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Banned Read only
    Also, when asking the women at work about their clothes or make-up I have always had positive and helpful responses.

Yes, of course I've done it.

Just recently, I saw a woman in the suoermarket wearing, like multi-colored gladiator-type sandels.

I said, "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but those shoes are really cute."

She almost blushed and said, "Thank you."

Then I asked where she got them.

Another time, I walked into the elevator, and told the woman that I liked her perfume.

Then, unbidden, she told me the name of the perfume (Hanae Mori Butterfly) and even spelled it out for me.

Of course, I didn't tell her why I liked it.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 10-01-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sure I do that a lot and 99% of the time the woman will tell you.
    They like that you notice them in a cute outfit so much you are moved to ask where they bought it.
    Its like saying gosh you look nice without being a jackass.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 09-24-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    My very first time out, a gorgeous gal crossed the length of the bar to congratulate me on my heels! They were the only ones I owned at the time. I took that lesson to heart and have been complimenting women, and the occasional man too, ever since. Trust me, a genuine compliment is a wonder to behold and the ticket to a girl's heart.

heh... have only done this a few times... (usually when drinking) ... saying i LOVE their dress and asking where they got it... sometimes just saying i love their dress (because the where they got it might weird them out a bit! but sometimes i don't care)

i love it!

would love to experience the reverse one day...

cute girl asking ME where i got MY dress!

hehe!

i've definitely complimented many times, but asking where they got it feels too risky that i will be exposed as a CD, unfortunately i think it is only my own embarassment and shame about being a CD that even makes me care because i don't think any of the women i have complemented were in a position to cause me any actual consequences had they found out--of course this is something i am trying to work on and i hope to someday shed these feelings and find out "where she got those shoes!!"

Allesandra Rhodes' GG-SO Aria C.'s Avatar
    Me, personally, as a GG I would not find it odd to be asked/complimented about something on my person. I have had numerous complements on my Nine West Handbag by random people (albeit some were creepy and I would just respond nervously with "Kay...! Thanks!" and shut them off), I suppose if you give off the right vibe (not like creepy vibe) that it would be perfectly okay to ask a GG almost anything *personal opinion*

I've been complemented on what I was wearing and even asked where it was from. I will complement someone on their clothing, but I haven't asked where they got it.

Yes, One day i was filing my my car with gas. A woman stopped at the pump next to me. When she got out, i saw she was wearing a pair of beautiful thigh high boots. I asked her where she got them. She told me. I thanked her.

one thing i wonder is what i or any of you would say if afterwards she said "uh... why'd you wanna know?"

i guess depends on the context!

i don't think i'd be ready with a good response!