Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking a GG you don't know where she bought an item of clothing....

You will not make the world a worse place by telling people you appreciate their appearances.

I ask, I don't care if I know the girl or not. I avoid asking teenagers or early-20s because I don't want to weird them out too much. Unless I know them, in which case I'll just ask.

My experience is that every person, male or female, will be happy to take the compliment and to offer help for finding a particular garment, even if they don't remember or know where something was purchased (I've often asked and gotten "It was a gift, I have no idea, but I wish I knew because I'd shop there").

What I never find is when I like something a GG is wearing, she never tells me it was a gift from her husband. The person gifting is usually another GG. Interesting, that.

To me it would be like saying "Hi, I'm a crossdresser and I would love to wear that dress [shoes, etc.]. Where'd you buy it?"

It's a bit difficult in Japan walking up to a woman and even asking for directions (the typical response, since I'm a foreigner, is: "I'm not from around here" even though that is likely not the case). That's in drab, though. I have sort of steered clear of just starting random conversations, especially about clothes, since it is tough finding my size here. Anyway, it's a good thought (about complimenting and asking). I will have to try it out next time!

I've told a classmate that I liked her blush. I haven't gave a compliment or asked where a GG got her particular item.

That was bold, I don't think I could have done it. I'm glad I already have my leather mini
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    Asking a GG you don't know, where she bought an item of clothing, have you done this also?
    Not a GG I didn't know and the ones I spoke to I didn't know it was just to give them a compliment not to ask then where they got said item. Many times I have said in a very enthusiastic way to a GG "Wow, I love your shoes!" .. but I never asked them where they bought them. Same goes with dresses. I once told a co-worker that I loved her dress and that I would love to get one for my wife (lie!) where did she buy it? .. but she wasn't someone I didn't know.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I have not. However, I do love complimenting women on their clothes and accessories. I think it makes them more relaxed around me, and stops them jumping to macho assumptions about my male form.

As Many times as I would have liked to as a GG where she got a particular piece, I haven't the nerve to do so.