Thread: Interesting experiences (a little long)

Interesting experiences (a little long)

Yesterday I had my nails done in the morning so I wore a casual outfit. I was planning on going to dinner with a friend who had flown into town that afternoon so I changed into a "skirt-suit". I was waiting to hear from my friend as to when we should meet.

The weather was nice so I had the front door open. The doorbell rang and I heard two people talking. I looked out (carefully) and saw a young man standing there whom I did not know so I opened the door. A young woman was also there and she started explaining why they were there - had to do with a group trying to keep college expenses down. She complemented me on my outfit and asked where I had gotten my earrings (girls/women do that). I filled out her form and gave her a check.

Later, I called my friend and informed her that I had to leave in order to get to her hotel on time. I stopped at my credit union to get some cash and started to drive to the hotel. Traffic on the highway that I usually take was just crawling along. I finally edged my way into the right lane and exited onto a street that I thought would get me back onto the freeway. In reality I had to go a different way.

That turned out to be a blessing in disguise! As I exited onto this street the "Check engine" light on my car came on. As I was finding my way back to the freeway I decided that I did not want to go another 20 miles plus the return trip. I called my friend and sadly canceled our dinner date.

The car dealer that I have frequented was about 3 miles from where I was so I headed that way. I soon noticed that the heat gauge was HOT! I got to the dealership just before 6 PM and told the young woman my story. She said that they were closing in a few minutes and could not look at my car until in the morning and could I leave the car there? This presented a problem! How do I get home and back again?

I knew from previous experiences that they used to use Enterprise Car Rental for people who needed a car. The young woman explained that they now rented their own vehicles. She checked and found that they still had one available so I decided to rent it. This meant that I would have to show my driver's license which has my male photo on it! The name is not a problem as my male name is also a fairly common female name.

I was told to take my insurance information and the form re: renting a car to the cashier who would finalize the rental transaction. The cashier was another young woman. Many years ago I had obtained a Transgendered ID from a Tri-Ess group. I decided to hand this with my driver's license to the cashier. She took them, looked at them and processed the rental agreement just as she would for any woman. We conversed briefly about how my evening plans had changed.

I was treated as a lady by all of the employees that night and the next day when I returned my rental and retrieved my car. Except for the money it cost to have my car repaired, it was a very nice experience. Not once did I feel uncomfortable.
    Hugs, Carole

Darlin,
    I great story and I'm thrilled at your lovely experience. Best Wishes & Hugs.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Carole,
    I wonder if they really knew what to do in the situation presented to them
    They did act appropriately and understanding though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Very proud of you Carole. You did what any red blooded American woman would do. Glad the experiences were positive.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    wonderful, Carole. Isn't it nice when unexpected events turn out to be, in some respects at least, rewarding.