Thread: Went to the park

Went to the park

Hi guys,

I live in the middle of a city and have long dreamed about going out during a sunny day wearing my skirt*.

I often cycle to the university wearing my skirt but that's typically late at night.

Today (sunday at around 2pm) I decided to go out. Without thinking too much about it, I grabbed my bike and cycled across town wearing a t-shirt and my short pleated skirt.

The ride to the park was a good 40 mins and there were plenty of people about. I walked some of it.

It was so great! I got a few looks (and one double-take) but most people didn't seem particularly bothered.

My point is this. If you want to go out cross dressing, just do it. You have nothing to lose.

*I don't wear dresses, makeup or heels and don't try to pass as a women (although I have no problem with people who do!). I just like wearing short skirts. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this - tell me if I'm wrong.

Do what pleases you but do not leave yourself open to ridicule, it just spoils the day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Many of us do have something to lose. Our marriages, our jobs, our respect. If you're young and in school, it may not be a big deal, but if you're married with a family and a career, you really have to think about the consequences.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

There's no right way or wrong way to CD.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I know exactly what you mean I've been to my park to walk many times lately wearing my short lady shorts and racetrack top. No one cares. My legs are shaved and if anyone thinks I look gay well than they don't know me. I feel I should be able to walk in my park like that its just clothes right? I enjoy how I look and feel in them.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Norwich is a lovely place and had a couple of happy years up there with my family (RAF) and always found it friendlier than outer London.

If you feel OK going out dressed as you do, yee ha, win win situation. However, as Linda said, many do have a lot to lose in their own personal and unique situations. In my area, one sister had her windows broken for being...UNIQUE. So there are risks to a "do as you will attitude".

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Hi, I dressed up the other day planning a walk in the park. I drove there and parked in the small lot but then didn't do it something just didn't feel right. I have gone to other parks in the area without incident but never this particular one. I think I'll scout it out in drab first before I try again. I think this is the right forum for this, is there another one? Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Wow I wasn't expect a response like that on *this* forum...

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    Many of us do have something to lose. Our marriages, our jobs, our respect. If you're young and in school, it may not be a big deal, but if you're married with a family and a career, you really have to think about the consequences.
    Again....not a reply I would expect on this forum. Are you implying that to CD is to 'do drag' or not at all?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-24-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Merged posts into one, you can edit your previous post when adding things

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Answer to that Alex is you have not been here long enough to know how the crowd here thinks.
    Most here will say go with it wear what you want but as stated a lot DO have something to lose.
    If you like doing it then I applaud you for wearing what makes you feel good.

I agree with you Tracii.

If you feel comfortable going out, do it!

The population as a whole does not understand CDing and alot employers
    would maybe let you go from your job for some other reason than CDing.

I like my job, so Im careful when Im out. It allows me to do many things that I enjoy
    including CDing. Don't want to live on unemployment and food stamps.
    Last edited by Andrea Renea; 09-24-2013 at 08:26 PM.

I agree wear what feels good. I love to put on a skirt and blouse for my ride home when I work. I am a lot of times 2 or more hours from home and I am more comfortable during the ride. I do sometimes stop at a rest stop or stop for gas.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    Hi, I dressed up the other day planning a walk in the park. I drove there and parked in the small lot but then didn't do it something just didn't feel right. I have gone to other parks in the area without incident but never this particular one. I think I'll scout it out in drab first before I try again. I think this is the right forum for this, is there another one? Hugs Jaymee
    I walk alot in city parks pretty much dressed as in my profile pic. I always walk a new place at least once first in guy mode. Once in a blue moon I get the feeling of something not right so I go on to somewhere else. Our gut feelings are alot of time right. Daytime or daybreak (cool out) is the best IMO.

One of my favorite places to go out dressed is a public park, mostly I do that when I am dressed to the "nines", that is so much fun and makes me feel so much like a woman. I also have found that going out fully dressed in a busy business district is quite fulfilling. In my experiences, anywhere there are lots of people, by and large, no one will pay any attention to you. Ditto for shopping malls and so on. When I am dressed, I am really pretty passable, but I shy away from situations wherein I might have to speak for the obvious reason.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_ View Post
    My point is this. If you want to go out cross dressing, just do it. You have nothing to lose.
    Good Job Kiddo. Just gotta do it.