Thread: fantasizing about being a woman, how does it "work" for you?

girly girl

fantasizing about being a woman, how does it "work" for you?

In a recent post entitled If...., Weyburn posed the following question:
    Quote Originally Posted by weyburn View Post
    If you are heterosexual andIf you could be like a real female for 24 hrs.or so or for a weekend and you had the opportunity to go home with a man that you found very attractive would you?
    I'd like to take this in a different direction.

For me it would totally depend on something I always get stuck on when I fantasize about being a woman for a day- which is, what happens to your mind when your body converts to female? Do you keep your same male mind? Is it your same mind but with "female chemistry"? Is your female self aware that you are converted from a male? Or are you a totally different person with a totally different mind?

Usually I like to think I just keep my same male mind- I mean if I'm not aware of my male self then how can I really enjoy the fantasy? But, I think it would be fun to totally embrace the other side and THINK and behave as a female also.

How do you envision this in your fantasies?

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    Well I like the idea that I am still me, though in a female body. Same thoughts, feelings, inclinations, likes/dislikes etc., but different physical appearance. I agree with the OP here, how would I know I'd gotten my fantasy if getting it also immutably changed my personality?

Regarding embracing the 'other side,' I know I already have and believe most members here have as well. In a lot of ways, our minds wouldn't have to change all that much to match their new bodies. We already think, behave and react like women to some degree or another, whether visible to others or not.

For me I would love to experience being female for a weekend but still be me. The same wants adn desires, the same likes and dislikes. But physically female.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It usually happens when I'm in drab and I think for an instant that I am a woman. I'll be doing something very routine like walking the dog, driving or shopping for groceries. When I'm dressed I just feel like myself only better. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I don't really fantasize being a woman. Not that I haven't ever, but dressing for me is mostly just comfortable and relaxing.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Whenever I fantasize about being a woman for a period of time, I guess what I imagine is the idea of being able to buy and wear whatever I want whenever I want. I don't think about where the money comes from because it would ruin my fantasy.Wouldn't it be great to be able to go into any store and walk out wearing the girliest things. There is never any thought for me of the existence of the male species. Nor do I picture myself out of place regardless of where I am or what I'm wearing. If only it wasn't a fantasy.

I'm just jealous of the things women do, and their freedom to express themselves.

Remember that scene in When Harry Met Sally, where Meg Ryan is going off in an orgasm in the middle of a crowded restaurant, and a waiter asks some old lady at a nearby table about what to order,and the old lady (pointing to Meg Ryan) responds "I'll have what she's having"..........well, that's me.

Aspiring Member
    I don't fantasize so much now as when I was younger, and crossdressing was much more of a taboo. My fantasies were pretty much always about crossdressing, and not about being a woman. Whether I'm actually crossdressing, or just fantasizing, I want to mentally be me, as that is where the enjoyment comes from. If I was a woman, even for just a few hours, I would be somebody else, and all the dressing would be normal and nothing special.

Veronica

If I could choose I would wake up tomorrow and be a girl, my life would be pretty much the same as it is now but to everyone else I had always been a woman. I would like to keep my present brain because I believe I think alot like a female anyway, throw in a little estrogen and it is a done deal. And my current shoe collection has to fit.

For me, my mind switches ( dual personality) and while I can switch back instantly or blend, my male self relaxes more as a back seat driver
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    Hell YES!

My mindset does not change, I just concentrate on the art form I have created.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

There are so many "ifs" and variables that are unique to each individual it is mind boggling. I can think of changing into my wife and the dynamics change completely from the scenario where I change into a friend or relative, and really different if I became a stranger with no idea of what is normal or expected from that person. I have run this fantasy through my imagination many times but not one of them is the same twice. I suppose we need to set the perimeters to start with if we are to answer with honesty. A great question I would enjoy hearing more of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I kind of felt like I already was female, the feeling never really goes away; the clothes, wig, accessories, shoes were simply all just tactile and visual clues that I was what I felt I was. When I'm dressed as a guy, there's a conflict between how I feel and what I feel and see. I'm dealing with it. I just try to remember that there are lots of people who have to deal with wondering if they're going to get shot at or bombed every second of their lives, and that makes my troubles seem, well, kind of insignificant and I feel stupid for being bothered by them.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Not quite sure what you are asking really but I can fulfill either role with equal ease. When I do that it's not so much a fantasy as it is reality as I'm living my desires. I don't have to fantasize really as that's what it is.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

For me it's ENVY, wishing I looked as good, and had the freedom to act as a woman. I am sure many of us CD were asked by a woman , Do you want all the problems that women have too. I believe I have the brain and think like a woman most of the time. But the fact is that I am not. I don't know about many of you but I would trade places with a pretty hot 20 something girl with a huge clothes and shoe collection anyday!!

Who knows what people we'd be had we been female instead? I'd like to think that I'd be largely the same person mentally that I am now, but of course that couldn't be 100% true. I'd hope that I still liked football (my wife really doesn't), and I'd hate to think that suddenly I'd not only be able to stomach, but actually like crap like "The Bachelor" on television.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I get what you're asking but I have to ask. Do you think your mind has to be one or the other? Physically, I consider myself model male1.0 generic. But, the psychological makeup is 99% everything but male or female. It's just me.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I don't need a fantasy since Tina is very different from my male self in most ways. She is really feminine to the point of it being scary sometimes when I stop to analyze it. Besides still loving those in her life the major overlap of my two gendered selves is that men are romantically uninteresting.

I fantasize a lot, and about other things as well as CDing (...if I won the lottery....etc.). I alone own my fantasies. They are mine. It is arrogant for others to think they know what they mean (...if you fantasize about that, you are gay....etc.). Fantasies can be good, allowing us to get out of our comfort zone for a time, asking "what if..."

"You want to walk on the moon? HA! You need to quit fantasizing and get back to reality."
    'You want to build a machine that flies? HA! If God intented for man to fly, we'd all have wings."

I think it's like the movie "Freaky Friday" or "Switched"; same mind, different body. And the body has no female skills, like applying makeup or walking in heels.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.