Thread: I was supposed to be born female

I was supposed to be born female

I recently learned from my older sister that my parents, especially my dad, was convinced that I was going to be a girl. They had my female name picked out (Christie Camelle) and my dad had bought a locket to give to me when I was old enough. That really has me wondering now. My parents passed away in the early 80s so I can't talk to them about it and none of my family has a clue about Amber. I am considering changing my name to my "birth name". Opinions?
    ” I'm hell on heels, say what you will ”

Which name do you like better, Amber or Christie Camelle. There is no such rule that you have to pick a name your parents wanted.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Amber,
    If the feeling is strong enough do it.
    Consider, are you out or intend changing your status in the future.
    You can always adopt the name with your friends and no harm done.
    I am Beverley, but that is not on any official document.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Strangely enough my birth certificate originally had F in the sex box and then it was crossed out and replaced with an M.
    What would Freud have said about that??

Just makes me wonder sometimes what happened.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My mother often told me she had been expecting a girl and I would have been named Marilyn or perhaps Margaret. But i have never felt like Marilyn or Margaret, I've known my internal self as Jackie since childhood. I never told her that however and now can't, she moved on in 2000 at age 89. I came fully out to my then- wife and family a few months later.

That is entirely up to you Hon. Whatever makes you comfortable. As I evolve as a person, I sometimes change my femme name as well. I've had several but they reflect who I am at the time. Best wishes my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Strangely enough my birth certificate originally had F in the sex box and then it was crossed out and replaced with an M. What would Freud have said about that?? Just makes me wonder sometimes what happened.
    As someone who has filled out forms now for about 40 years, I'd say it was just a slip of the pen. Nothing 'Freudian' going on there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I changed my femme name for similar reasons, Amber (Christie). I originally used the name "Jaymie Ruth Tapie" ("Jaymie" is derived from my middle name, with the spelling taken from the name of a girl I knew in college). However, in conversing with my mother, I idly asked her what she'd have named me if I'd been born a girl. She told me she'd always liked the names "Amy Gale." When I heard that, it felt right that I, as her firstborn, should give those names a home. So "Amy Gale Ruth Tapie" I became, and Amy I shall remain. I feel more connected to my "actual" feminine lineage with these names, through the connections to my mother and her mother. (My mother knows I've taken those names; she's actually pleased that I've honored her by doing so.)

My opinion is, if it feels right for you to assume the name "Christie Camelle" (and those are pretty names, I agree), do it! It may have a similar effect on you, helping you feel more tied to your family. Your parents aren't around to object...and, who knows, they may appreciate the gesture.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I was supposed to be Michelle.Mom always wanted a daughter but never had one.Can't help but wonder what she'd say if she could see me now.

Gone to live my life
    I think your name needs to define how you feel. If Amber suits you then I would not give it up unless you really feel it does not define you.

Funny thing . . . my parents were expecting a girl as well. Now given the time, not sure if they had any scientific proof (i.e., ultra sounds) for that belief or if it was all old wives tales (you look like you are carrying a girl). However, when I did arrive it was a bit of a shock . . . I am the only male child in my entire family from the period (all sisters and female cousins). So, mom and dad had to run around and scrounge up some boy clothes (all the hand me downs were girl). So . . . I spent my first few days on this planet dressed in a lot of pink baby clothes (go figure).

My Mom did say that my name would have been Michelle-Marie had I been a girl. My current femme name Isha means "woman" and that is what I go by right now. If a day comes when I do present more public . . . who knows perhaps Isha will get replaced by Michelle-Marie . . . but I like Isha as it feels right for some reason and in the end that is what is important.

A rose by any other name is still a rose

Hugs

Isha

Thank you all for the kind words. I did fail to mention that my current name came from my former SO. We broke up in May and I did a complete purge. Lotta good THAT did! Maybe the name change idea is a better thought than I... thought. lol...
    ” I'm hell on heels, say what you will ”

Amber Lyn,
    Thank you so much for sharing part of your life here. I like the name Amber, but if you desiree to change it please follow your heart. Best Wishes & Hugs !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I was also supposed to be a girl, last in a line of three boys my Mom was praying for a girl. Kimberly Jean is the name she was going to give me and it also feels right to me, since I have started using Kimberly I have not waviered on it at all.

Wink

Amber go with whichever name you are most comfortable with.
    I'm getting better with age. I may have started late, but better late than never!

"Don't let anyone define who you are".

Im am in the same boat, My Mom had a mis cariage and it was a girl. My mon swore that after having 2 boys I was the girl she wanted. I knida wish I could have made her dreams come true

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lyn
    I was supposed to be born female
    My sisters told me that I was “supposed” to have been born female. Everybody was expecting it, in fact I believe they had my girly name all picked out (the same one that my second-oldest sister was supposed to get). Anyway, I tumbled out, prematurely, and, by some miracle, I was a BOY! Here I am, years later, wearing girl’s clothes. Kinda ironic, I must say…