Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up or Down?

Complex Lolita...

Up or Down?

Quote Originally Posted by dominique
    right or left (?)
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleddg
    Look or feel?
    Since we’re (apparently) exploring opposites, polar or otherwise, I’m inspired to ask this simple question: Is your MtF crossdressing waxing (strengthening) or waning (diminishing)?

I encounter all types on this forum. Some people are becoming more and more like girls, or women, every day, while others are gradually withdrawing, back from whence they came. Still others have reached their level, or plateau, and they are staying right where they are, thank you. I may be one of those stationary girls who is satisfied, has accepted her “self,” and is admiring the view from on high, but I still watch the ones who continue to climb or descend, according to their own desires or circumstances…

I would just like to stay where I am, and not go backwards. I’m not “equipped” to climb higher, either, but I do explore horizontally. I must be ever vigilant to NOT let my crossdressing go on the wane, and this requires a little bit of maintenance, such as regular participation on this site. I’m not going to go any further, unless somebody wishes to take my hand and lead me along, but I might encourage that person to sit with me a while and just enjoy being crossdressed …

So, are you going UP or DOWN? Please wave to me as you go by, OK?

Frédérique,
    Mine is static.
    I would be interested in those that find that their activity is waning, and why?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My desire to cross dress, to be femme...strengthens now with every breath I take. I want, so badly, to look better and better and better. I am completely comfortable with it, and it's a very important part of my life now...

Waving at you!
    Lisa

Waning or gaining? I think lately I'm on the upswing with it. As good as I felt when I started dressing again a year and a half ago, maybe even more. I think I've found my style or groove finally and I'm very happy to stay at this level I'm at right now, a part time crossdresser.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I am Suzy. I was born as Suzy and I will die as Suzy. I am transgender.
    How can someone like me go up or down?

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Love the analogy, as it is similiar to my friend Rhaina's "park bench". When I first engaged into the local transgender community, I had climbed vigorously with my head down like a rhino (perhaps following others of the herd) for a few years. Once I lifted my head and look around at where I was, I found myself at a distance where I just couldn't enjoy the surroundings. So I made the jaunt back (somewhat against the flow) with my head up and eyes open until I found this enjoyable plateau that I am at now.

Mine stays about the same. If anything, it is increasing.
    Hugs, Carole

Mine is waning, more out of necessity than out of desire. Some days the desire to dress in overwhelming, but the opportunity simply is not there. And as time goes on, with opportunity becomming less and less, I find other things to do to occupy my time.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

My has been 24/7 for over 9 years years now so I guess the only way is down. Fat chance of that IMO.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Umm,..both?

While I am spending more time wearing items from the ladies department, can't remember the last time I wore men's underwear, and I spend most evenings in skirts, I am not thinking of it as crossdressing so much. I am not trying to look like a female, or even that feminine. I have come to realise that this is how I want to be. Wearing this stuff says something about how I want to be recognized. I want to display a bit, I want to show that I'm not particularly macho, I want to wear colourful clothing that shows off my body. I also find skirts vastly more comfortable than pants or shorts.

This is how I am, and I think there are many more males out there like me, but like me, they are scared of the comments, so they don't dress like this. I don't believe that there is anything wrong with this, or even that it's far from the average male attitude, but we are programmed to see it as different, therefore it must be wrong, deviant, taboo.

It is my hope to make a little difference in my corner of the world.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I'm happy to see the topic is CDing. From the title, I thought it might be about quarks.
    I am where I have been for a pretty long time, and plan on staying right here.

Many of us reach a comfort level with ourselves and the idea of "losing or gaining" is kind of moot because our stance is driven by personal choice. In that sense it just is what it is, nothing more or less, especially if there is nothing to prove.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I leave the toilet seat up for the next time!

Oh, it is about something else. I do need to read these threads more slowly in my hurry to participate. My dressing started off with a very steep climb at the beginning, plateauing for a while as I tried to find "going with" friends. Once I did that I leveled off somewhat with a very slow climb upward. I love going out and meeting new people and seeing old friends who only know me as Allie. I accept who I am and will let this waning life lead me wherever it takes me. I am equally at home in guy or woman mode, and am just enjoying be me made up of the old or previous one, and the new and growing one.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I'm happy to see the topic is CDing. From the title, I thought it might be about quarks.
    That would be "strange", no?

Anyway, to answer the original question: My desire to CD is on the upswing, mostly because I have more opportunity now than before.

Mine is definitly in the upswing... And has been ever since I discovered this forum and came out to my GF... Now I have found out what I am and what I wish to make of it...
    Transgender girl

Some of both for me. In the months leading up to confessing to my wife, it was a major upswing. I was not dressing at the time, but felt the need to explore and express this side of me. Once I did, in the very beginning, I had a lot of wild swings of feeling feminine or masculine. Now, having been going on 10 months I would say that I feel the differences, especially the feminine ones less intense, but I feel feminine more often and dress almost every chance I get. (about 2-3 times per week for 1 to 2 hrs a day, with occasional extended times such as tonight when my wife is with her daughter after her daughter had a tooth pulled.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Mostly flat, but a little up.

Interesting to say the least! I would have to say my ''desires'' are still full speed ahead! At the same time my ''possibilities'' are pretty much stationary! I'm not where I want to be but going forward, I have too many obstacles holding me in a ''rut'' to do so!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Definitely waxing... Over the past year, I have made more of a conscious effort to integrate my masculine and feminine personalities to level things off, hopefully. Wish me luck!
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

I will say mine is maturing, I have a more complete (not more in number of articles of clothng) wardrobe than I have ever had my entire life. I could start wearing my clothes full time and not have to purchase very much else. When I was younger I had alot of stuff but not much of it went together or was wearable outside the house.

I'm definitely going more girly. I think when we go through a major stressful time, crisis, setback, or change in circumstances, it tends to cause us to either wax or wane. I had basically plateaued for the past 11 years, thinking I was satisfied with where I was. Then life started to get more demanding, and I started to experience more pressure to be a man and to date and get married, and then I lost my job. I find the more pressure I'm under to be a man, the more girly I get, and wanting to take things to the next level.

Sadly, life has a way of throwing off our balance and can force us to re-evaluate ourselves, and can throw our gender dysphoria into overdrive. I'm definitely experiencing this.

I think if we wane due to such a change in circumstances, it'll come back with a vengeance and we'll wax even more when the opportunity comes.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Mine is waning, more out of necessity than out of desire. Some days the desire to dress in overwhelming, but the opportunity simply is not there. And as time goes on, with opportunity becomming less and less, I find other things to do to occupy my time.
    One day the desire to dress will come back with a vengeance, it always does, and you'll just say enough, I'm dressing no matter what.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 09-25-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

girly girl
    I am definitely waxing even after all these years. In fact I'm always looking for a new way to feel girly. more! more!! more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Im so sorry Marla... I know how frustrating that can be.

Waxing. Definitely waxing.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Platinum Member
    I'm gradually gaining altitude at a fairly steady climb rate.

Quote Originally Posted by dawn03 View Post

[i]I'm happy to see the topic is CDing. From the title, I thought it might be about quarks.[i]

That would be "strange", no?
    What a charming topic! I'd say, growing very slowly.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!