Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Up or Down?

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I've been dressing fir just under 5 years and the answer really depends upon when you ask me.

It's leveled off a bit in the last year or two, but I still go through a waxing and waning cycle of sorts. When it's waning, the stuff just sits in my bat-cave unused. I'm usually occupied with other things in these phases and don't really think about dressing too much. These times can stretch on for weeks, but sometimes during a lull I'll hop on here or take out a few things and partially dress for comfort. I never used to do that, so maybe overall it's trending upwards albeit slowly, in fits and starts.

When it's waxing, the collection comes out of the bat cave and sort of invades my living space. It's like I need to have everything accessible. During these times, I order new things online, add to the collection and try out new looks. I haven't ventured out or told a soul, but I do enjoy those peaks. Usually they'll last a week or so before reducing back to medium or low interest in dressing for a while.

But since you're asking tonight, I'd have to say waxing. I'll see you on my way up Freddie!

I would say increasing always.

The words: circumstances, opportunities, family/SO with or without, financial situation --- all play a part. For me it's very ironic as I start to wave to Freddy --- in many ways the circumstances are almost ideal for full speed ahead - only one cousin within a thousand miles, alone
    for first time this year after 57 years, nice wardrobe and, in the last two weeks, as some of you folks already know, been out and about without a problem for the very first time. So why ironic? Something called "age" has caught me with many of the maladies that go with it. Examples that occur one day and less so the next: Bra becomes too tight because of ulcerated esophagus, girdle causes torture due to
    stomach issues, --- and so it goes with even hernia affecting groin area --- I try my best for it not to deter the "waxing" but it AIN'T easy.
    Morale of the story? Enjoy as much as possible when the time is right --- never know what the future holds.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Mine is waning, more out of necessity than out of desire. Some days the desire to dress in overwhelming, but the opportunity simply is not there. And as time goes on, with opportunity becomming less and less, I find other things to do to occupy my time.
    I find this describes me too TGMarla. For the others who've commented you all look lovely and I hope you are as satisfied and comfortable as possible!
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I am Suzy. I was born as Suzy and I will die as Suzy. I am transgender.
    How can someone like me go up or down?
    Can I answer your question in private Suzi?

Sorry, I get a bit naughty sometimes.

To answer your question Frederique, I am always moving forward. When I think of where I once was and where I am still moving towards, there is no reason to stop. I still have much to accomplish....and loving every minute.
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

Banned Read only
    I'm finding that currently I am waning a little. Before I retired I looked forward to taking a vacation day while my wife worked. Even better was when she would go visit on daughter in the mid west for seven to ten days. Utter bliss. Hang the dresses in the closet. Put the bras and panties in the draw. Line up the shoes under the foot of the bed. Dress 24/7 for a week. Great. After retirement started my pent up desires had me dressing every day my wife went to work. I enjoyed it immensely. I got a lot of domestic chores done, but, neglected too many 'manly' chores in the front yard.

Now? Since the summer ended and I can dress at will again- no desire to do it every day. ???? I think my waning is due to acquiring one too many aches and pains. Also, it's been raining too darn much!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalva View Post
    Can I answer your question in private Suzi?

Sorry, I get a bit naughty sometimes.

I read that twice, then the penny dropped. [I am not the brightest girl in the world]

That's naughty!

Waxing definitely, especially my back! Actually I'm on a slow progression upward with an occasional downward slide. In addition, as I get older, my "don't give a shit what other people think" factor goes up.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I'm gradually gaining altitude at a fairly steady climb rate.
    Me too. After a somewhat bouncy takeoff, I've been able to establish a fairly steady rate of climb also.

Getting better every day in every way. Onward and upward

Hugs, Robin

I'm trending up, especially now that I have a great group of gal pals to be with. That has been a serious godsend for me.

Being who we are can be a little lonely and isolating at times, at least for me. I have people in my life who know, but a good deal of them know but don't want to know or are indifferent to it. Having a space to share is very limited..

This forum helps with that, but having some face-to-face with others is important, and I have the beginning of that now, and that inspires me to express more and its a force multiplier all around.

I am quite happy with where I am right now among both sides. I find that when I have my opportunities to dress and explore it boosts me when I'm in boy mode, it adds something to my whole being.

Right now I'm on the up but just went through a spell of really being down. Almost purged but didn't. I would love to find a nice comfortable plateau to sit down on, dangle my legs over the edge and enjoy the view.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Krista1985
    I'll see you on my way up Freddie!
    I once told a friend of mine on this site to picture me sitting at a table in a restaurant, alone, in a corner, watching everybody come and go. 4+ years later I’m still in the same spot, in fact I haven’t moved an inch in all that time…