Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I weird?

Am I weird?

When I review the pictures I have taken of myself it is exactly the sort of look that I really fancy when I date females. Am I dressing to excite myself or just pass, does this sound familiar? Answers on a postcard!

GG
    Sigh. As a GG witnessing all this, my viewpoint is unlikely to be wanted. Was it ever?

But yes, you're dressing to excite yourself.

That said, by all means take the complicated path and tell yourself you dress to pass. Spend hours perfecting this. Neglect your job and relationships while you surf for women's clothes online and spend the rest of your time on this forum comparing hip pads and wig type. Remember also to tell them what color your panties are. Dress publicly as often as you can and, fingers crossed, soon enough you'll be taking hormones to become a 'real girl.'

Feel free to delete this post. I think I've been on this forum too long.
    Last edited by TheMissus; 09-26-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Ouch, Missus!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Dang Missus I sense some issues here. We all have problems and no one to turn to. Any advice is good advice but, really??????
    We all dress for different reasons. Some of have gender issues, some for excitement and some because they have a accepting SO that encourages it. Let all work together and help with these issues not condone them.
    Erica

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    It's quite true that many, if not all of us, dress to emulate our "dream girl". If you want to get our attention, dress similar to how we present.

Well it is proven human nature that if you like somebody, you are likely to mimic them in one way or another, you have adopted the look of a female you thought looked good, why would you adopt a look you didn't like? XD.

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Shari View Post
    Ouch, Missus!
    Well, the OP asked

And nope, I won't apologize or pander any more. Not that I did much anyway, but seriously, you're all big girls here and prior to that half of you were some pretty formidable men! You really can't handle a GG telling you what she thinks? And this isn't personal either - read the threads. How many are pure fantasy? Can anyone here really tell??

And to the OP, I stand with what I said. If you're hot for Miley Cyrus and you're dressing like Miley Cyrus, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, does it?

But feel free to make this complicated. Most do x

I think it's quite logical to dress in the style you prefer on GG's. Why would we do otherwise?

Well I posted here before how I had a crush on my mother's best friend. (many many years ago) anyway I was doing my eye makeup just like Ruth did her's, that when I took her name. So yes I emulate the first woman i fell in love with.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMissus View Post
    Well, the OP asked

And nope, I won't apologize or pander any more. Not that I did much anyway, but seriously, you're all big girls here and prior to that half of you were some pretty formidable men! You really can't handle a GG telling you what she thinks? And this isn't personal either - read the threads. How many are pure fantasy? Can anyone here really tell??

And to the OP, I stand with what I said. If you're hot for Miley Cyrus and you're dressing like Miley Cyrus, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, does it?

I'm surprised that you didn't use the cliche', prancing around. Most CD haters do.

Complicated? Although I'm not any GG's fantasy male, I am a good devoted husband with a handle on priorities. I've built a career, steered us through a recession, put a child through college debt free, paid off every house and car I've ever owned, cared for my disabled brother until his death, don't drink, smoke or do drugs. And, although I live in a city that promotes every vice you can think of, I'm more concerned about our health, happiness and peace of mind. And then when it doesn't interfere with priorities, I crossdress and emulate my version of feeling female.

Missus, your issues certainly aren't about crossdressing. They're about priorities.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

GG
    Okay, you 'prance around', too

And I'm not a CD hater, honest. I'm just honest overall and sometimes (mostly) that doesn't go well here.

Anyway sorry OP, I'll buzz off now. I wish you luck and hope you find your answers x

Platinum Member
    Lets see if we can be a tad objective. No we can't. this is about style. Why would one NOT dress in a style that they found attractive on GGs? The compromise we make is that we have to look in the mirror and decide if an outfit works for us as well as it did on the person of interest. Often it doesn't, because of height, coloring, stature. I don't see anything perverse in this. Furthermore, overtime we may develop our own sense of style. And, some of us may go down that slippery slope!

Not sure about anyone else but I dress to look like a pragmatic action/adventure heroine myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I respect the missu's viewpoint and encourage othe GG's to comment on these issues.
    We cannot live in a cocoon and expect to get by on accolades from one point of view.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I respect the missu's viewpoint and encourage othe GG's to comment on these issues.
    We cannot live in a cocoon and expect to get by on accolades from one point of view.
    I agree with this. I respect her views.

Having said that, I think TheMissus also should develop a sense of tact and self awareness about how her comments might be perceived. And, yes, perception is reality.

To me, her comments come off as smirking at CDers like she knows better than we do. I couldn't help but read them with Dick Cheney's face in my mind. His smirk of "I know better and you are just a silly peasant."

While I am at it, TheMissus then says that it's just because she is honest. Is she honest like that with her girlfriends? She may not have very many of them if she is.

The point is that we come here (for the most part) for some support and validation that we are not crazy or weird...just different. So what if it takes us some thinking to get around to accepting or understanding something that may be readily apparent to others?

So, TheMissus, please understand something that may be apparent to me but not to yourself. Somewhere, you have an issue with what it is that we do and it rpobably makes you feel superior to be able to talk down to us "less than men" (your perception) folks. You may want to do some introspection to see what ails you.

Last edited by Marie-Elise; 09-26-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Mistake on picture corrected.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Interesting question. I know that i'm still experimenting, trying to find a look that i'm comfortable with. When I look in the mirror, it's more to find my style. My SO says that at times i'm like a teenager trying to 'fit in' and 'stand out' at the same time. She says once i grow up, my 'look' will settle down. LOL
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

. Spend hours perfecting this. Neglect your job and relationships while you surf for women's clothes online and spend the rest of your time on this forum comparing hip pads and wig type. Remember also to tell them what color your panties are. Dress publicly as often as you can and, fingers crossed, soon enough you'll be taking hormones to become a 'real girl.'
    Feel free to delete this post. I think I've been on this forum too long.
    Hi TheMissus, please don’t put everyone in the same basket, admittedly I have also been guilty of some of the above at times. But I don’t talk about the color of my panties and I don’t dress publicly as often as I can and I can assure you that I am not going to be taking hormones to become a ‘real girl’ because I can never be a ‘real girl’ but saying that we are a varied bunch and I also don't have anything against members who are just different from me. Most of us here actually really value the GG’s comets and views. I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by Sonya; 09-26-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Banned Read only
    Hi Nacracat, no you're not weird. You, like me, dress like the style we admire. I don't see anything wrong with that.

For my self it to pass, but more than that it to look the best I can, to see my improvement and yes to excite but now sexually, but who I have become.

Sigh. As a GG witnessing all this, my viewpoint is unlikely to be wanted. Was it ever?

But yes, you're dressing to excite yourself.
    I think I've been on this forum too long.
    Dear TheMissus:
    I understand and am sorry for the things that have hurt you. I hurt my first wife that way, and undid what could have been a good lifelong marriage. I can't blame you for having a hard time with your experience with your SO.

Please don't go away. I have appreciated reading your comments on other posts, and I absolutely value your viewpoint, as I do those of other GGs (even if I disagree sometimes).

Yes, when I was actively CDing, I was dressing to excite myself. It wasn't because my gender identity was female, it was just because I happened to find dressing up as a woman sexually exciting. I even did some "prancing around," and I'm not ashamed to say it. I would not ask a wife to participate in any of that, although I would welcome it if she wanted to. And to the extent that my CDing took my attention away from my wife, she was absolutely justified in feeling hurt by it.

No, dear, please don't feel that you have been in this forum too long. If you can, please hang in there. I'm sure many of us--crossdressers, transsexuals and women who have always been women both physically and psychologically--care about you, feel for you, and hope for the best for you. You need a hug ... I hope you would be willing to accept it from me.

GG / SO of a CD
    I respect TheMissus viewpoint, I also respect everyones viewpoints as well and in turn will add mine...

I am a GG that often dresses up to excite myself. Don't we all do this on some level? whether you are CD, GG, TS, etc. haven't you ever slipped an article of clothing on your body to make you yourself feel great? I can certainly relate to the desires of emulating someone you think is attractive. I especially love fashion: retro clothing, the pin-up look, pencil skirts and pretty hosiery... a silky blouse, cute dress... the list goes on! I understand that not every person is into fashion or "getting all dolled up" but speaking for myself, that is something I love to do.

I am a woman, who loves to feel like a woman, who often emulates women she finds attractive (or fashion forward). I would expect CDers to do the same... (If I was a CDer I am sure I would) And If I wanted to go out... I would want to pass. So I would put hours into practicing and cultivating the look I wanted to achieve. Oh wait... and when it comes to surfing the web, looking for clothes, neglecting my job... putting off things I need to do for the things I want to do... What do you think this GG is doing right now?

I am sitting at my desk at work, I have this site open, browsing the forum and I have other windows open on my screen... one of which is tracking a package being delivered to my house in that package is a cute dress (that I bought online... while I was at work... when I should have been doing other things).

This is just my opinion... It is not pointed at anyone I am just trying to share my point of view.

~Lola

Well, I am new here and have read through most of the posts. I will refrain from the side topic brought on by Missus statements, because that is not what this thread is about. For me, I dress to indulge my feminine side, escape from reality, and to excite myself. And yes, I dress to emulate a woman that I love and find very beautiful. No, not every outfit works for me and I also incorporate my own style as well. I have given up on trying to figure out if I am weird or just crazy, because quite honestly if I am, then I am joined my a huge number of CDs who are married and enjoy their feminine side. That's my 2 cents on it. Dee-Dee

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by nacracat
    Am I dressing to excite myself or just pass, does this sound familiar? Answers on a postcard!
    YES and yes. Wish you were here

Perhaps the ones who take issue with The Missus...have issues themselves.

She gives you an honest solid answer and she gets called an ailing, smirking hater.

I suppose defending her makes me a transphobic bigot.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Well, the OP asked

the great thing about dressing like Miley Cyrus these days: it doesn't take very long to get ready! And packing for a weekend - no problem in the storage!

This just confirms the smartest thing a I ever did was to tell my ex wife before we got married.