Thread: “Do Not Attempt”

Complex Lolita...

“Do Not Attempt”

Whenever they show something on TV that looks like it might be FUN, the words “do not attempt” will appear at the bottom of the screen, as if killjoys are running (and ruining) the world. Oh, it may LOOK like fun, whatever it may be, but please don’t try this at home, OK?

I get the feeling that if MtF crossdressing ever appeared in a mainstream TV commercial, the powers-that-be MIGHT be tempted to put the three words in question in there somewhere, right when you get the idea of trying on a dress! “Please do not attempt – professional crossdresser on a closed course,” or something to that effect, will pull the plug before it’s even plugged in...

As far as I’m concerned, you SHOULD attempt MtF crossdressing! Do it NOW, before you think too much about it. I’m referring to those individuals who are just “getting into” the wonderful world of wearing the “wrong” clothes, and not we veteran girls, intrepid attempters all. The attempt to wear women’s clothing, something “they” don’t want you to do, EVER, is a heroic endeavor of the highest order, as well as an undertaking fraught with danger and difficult decisions. Despite this, the attempt has to be made...

If you’re new to this, crossdressing is making an attempt (an assault) on your feelings. You are being tempted, as well as seduced, by the sirens’ call of sensational longings. Are you willing to venture forth, into the unknown, and away from your comfortable surroundings? You are about to embark on an enterprise. Why do you think they gave the starship in Star Trek that name? “To boldly go where no one (formerly no MAN) has gone before,” that’s why. Somebody is going to try to do something, i.e. make an attempt, for the sake of doing something...

Can you do it? You MUST try. It’s an experiment, or a trial, or an effort, and it is eminently worthwhile to attempt something like this. Obviously, it takes courage to crossdress, but, I feel that the attempt has to be made IF the need to do so comes from within. This endeavor is important or valuable enough to repay time or effort spent, since it is of true value and merit, but, don’t take my word for it - PLEASE just make the attempt! Don’t put it off, and don’t be put off...

How do you think I got here, anyway? To attempt is to LIVE, isn’t it?

Congratulations to all those who ignore the warnings...

You have it back to front Frédérique,
    Try this at home first.
    Do not go out in public and try this, do it at home first.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ha! As always, well stated Frederique!!!!
    Hugs, Jules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Julie Anderson

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I--
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Aspiring Member
    Why is it always "do not try this at home"? Are they saying it's fine to do it elsewhere? I'm suprised they don't run through a litany of horrible things that could happen to you, just like they do on all the pill commercials.

As far as crossdressing is concerned, is there a more manly pursuit? Whenever statistics are used to downplay the percentages of men who engage in crossdressing, they usually disregard those who do it for laughs or because of a bet or as part of an initiation and so on, but how many of those men are secretly enjoying this "indignity" and don't have the nerve, or opportunity to try it out themselves or even to admit to having such desires. Check out the smiles on the faces of these New York Mets rookies who had to form a bridal party for the annual hazing.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...is-bride-zilla

Post iif that was on an adv. it wouldn't be so horrible

after all, any publicity about CD, might help those who were tempted not to attempt.
    jodie

Yep, but as all of us survivors of these crazy antics know, CDing is definitely NOT for the faint of heart. In other words as one of my friends here always says: "It takes a real man to be a woman."
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Semi Sane innocent angel
    When I first saw " Do not attempt" this ran through my mind.

here is nothing wrong with your computer . Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity.

Platinum Member
    I believe that it's good for one to take on new challenges and to test boundaries, particularly the boundaries of convention. In doing so we can build confidence in ourselves...confidence in our ability to face risk and adversity.

I agree. If something is tempting you to try CDing, give it a try. If you like it, you'll be doing what that internal drive is trying to tell you. If you don't like it, you're not a CDer. Take it all off, don't tell anyone, and don't do it again. You'll be fine. Why wouldn't you try it? Because you've been conditioned: men shouldn't wear women's clothes. So do it in private, and nobody will be there to judge you.

TV ads aggravate me, They show a product doing something it shouldn't do (like a pick-up towing a space shuttle, far in excess of its tow rating) in order to impress you with its capabilities, then show "do not attempt" (because it'll void the warranty when it most certainly breaks). Truth in advertising? Hardly.

Here's some truth in advertising: try CDing. You might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    As far as I’m concerned, you SHOULD attempt MtF crossdressing! Do it NOW, before you think too much about it. I’m referring to those individuals who are just “getting into” the wonderful world of wearing the “wrong” clothes,
    Gezzz... Next thing you know ..It's going to be socially acceptable to wear your shoes on the wrong feet...
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I love a good challenge! Tell me I can't do it and I will tell you to watch me! I will boldly go where no ''man'' has gone before! I guess that's why I love shopping!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

The first time I went out alone, two women clearly read me and I thought I was going to die. Then another woman walked by and just gave me a nice smile. And I realized that sometimes I was going to get read - but I wouldn't die, and they didn't know who the hell I was in the first place so it didn't matter to anyone but me.