Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What passing is and isn't.

To me passing is just about making life a little bit easier ,too have a more normal life and not sticking out as someone that is different, its stressful enough being TS. imagine working with a bunch of rednecks on a building site, when your trying to act and dress like a woman but look like a guy. I've got it admit I try to pass 24/7

Prefer the term blending which is a new one for me. Thats the challenge I suppose but a good goal to aim for.
    As for passing, thats the first obstacle toward blending.

Not to be confused with "Will It Blend" on Youtube
    Tara, the fab me!

Quote Originally Posted by JessM. View Post
    I like the trend to refer to "blending" instead of "passing." For one thing, "passing" implies that you're trying to fool the people who see you, whereas blending is something that anyone of any gender might feel like doing on a given day. Blending just means that when you got dressed, you were hoping not to get unwanted attention and that people would just treat you with ordinary courtesy. That's me, most days.

Of course, there are other days, when you want people noticing your outfit, your cleavage, the shortness of your skirt, your sexy attitude. On those days, when you want attention, maybe there's another word, other than "passing" or "blending." Maybe then you're trying to titillate, to arouse, or to stir things up. Nothing wrong with that. The advice I've heard for those of us over 40 is that on those days when you want some attention, it's best to choose one feature and emphasize that (so deep cleavage goes with a modest skirt and shoulder-coverage; while a tight skirt goes with a more modest top). Putting too many sexy items on at once (or too much jewelry) is distracting from the intended effect.
    Great advice, most informative. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_ View Post
    Great advice, most informative. Thank you
    Seconded on that!
    Tara, the fab me!

My pleasure!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    As I said, blending, confidence, and self deception r ALL handy traits to have when going out dressed.

But, they r NOT, "passing"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I like "blending" over "passing" over "convincing".
    But I prefer just being and enjoying.

There are many times I have passed; even being tall and seeing people who know me as a guy. It's nice but not life-fulfilling or anything. I mean, do you get a kick out of going unnoticed as a guy? I prefer to be noticed, to be fierce, draw attention and more stylishly cross-dressed. Passing would be much more important if you're TS, of course.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.