Thread: I think I just got a hall pass

I love to dress up

Smile I think I just got a hall pass

Hi. First time post.

I had finally gotten my wife to agree with me dressing up for Halloween ( my favorite holiday ). I was going to find a girly costume and do it all up. Now my wife does not feel comfortable doing it. But she decided to let me go out on my own. I actually managed to get her to agree with me going out to Dayton Ohio and spending two whole days out there.

So started talking about wigs as she wants one so bad and I mentioned that I should get one to. Those wigs at the Halloween store are not all that passable. And she said OK. So now we will be looking for wigs tomorrow for her and myself. I also told her that I have some shopping to do as well.

So I am trying to find anything to do in Dayton, or Cincinnati, besides shopping. I want to go to a costume party somewhere but not sure about being by myself. Any ideas would be great. Heck, if any one is interested, maybe we could meet up.

Bridgette

wig shopping with the wife sounds like it will be fun =) i'm not from OH but if i was looking for some sort of Halloween event in my area i might try the groups section of craigslist and ask around or check out the webpage for the city you are planning to be in or near or maybe the webpage for the library in that city as libraries sometimes have community event postings--good luck finding something fun =)

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    Hi Bridgette,

I don't want to spoil your party here... but there are some danger markers here, IMO.

"But she decided to let me go out on my own. I actually managed to get her to agree with me going out to Dayton Ohio and spending two whole days out there"

Regardless of if "She let you" or if you "got her to agree"... unless you are in a relationship where she is supportive (If I misread your post and she is going to Dayton with you then I'm very sorry)... I think this may end up badly. It is just you, going off with plans to dress en femme and looking for a party to attend... without her.

So started talking about wigs as she wants one so bad and I mentioned that I should get one to. Those wigs at the Halloween store are not all that passable. And she said OK. So now we will be looking for wigs tomorrow for her and myself. I also told her that I have some shopping to do as well"

As to wigs... why does she want one? Did I miss she is going to dress up as well? If so I'm sorry and please disregard what I said above. In regards to the rest of that paragraph... I heard a lot of I, myself, and I will be. In other words, selfishness or a big ole case of pink fog. I'm NOT however, saying that IS the case. It could just be read that way... especially with some of the folks around here.

The other advise... have fun and enjoy yourself. At the end of it all, show her plenty of attention, tell her you love her and do something very special for being so supportive.

I would call city hall and ask if the city has anything like a parade or such planned for Halloween. Perhaps they could direct you to some place to get info.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

There's not much we can learn about your situation from your 9 posts, but I'm thinking she doesn't know that "I love to dress up", that it's just a Halloween thing, and just THIS Halloween. For most of us that love to dress up, once a year doesn't get it, and if it did, dressing as a girl every Halloween is sure to bust you.
    Is the issue: she doesn't know you crossdress? - or - she knows but isn't keen on you going out?
    Others here on the forum have expressed that there is a big difference in a one-time feminine Halloween costume and a "love to dress up" crossdresser.
    Whichever, take advantage of your opportunity and have fun.
    Also, costume wigs are cheap for a reason. Might as well spend a little more and get a real one.

Did you use the excuse that you were going to be gone for two days so you could dress or are you just going to celebrate Halloween for two days? If there is a Halloween party for two days and she knows you are going as a women then why would you want to leave her behind? I really don't follow what you are meaning and have a feeling it could not be good... Just my HO.

Proceed bit by bit and involve your wife in the selection of apparel and wigs and you should make good advances.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Bridgette. Go have fun. From what I read your wife knows about what you want here and she just doesn't want to participate. Maybe some people are so used to others writing in third person the "me" and "I" thing looks strange? There will be a lot of parties going on that weekend. Personally, I would stay home because I am scared about how people drive on these types of holidays, but that being said, if you know where the gay areas of the city are, you will be welcomed into the party bars no matter what you wear. If you can get a hotel close by, even better so you don't have to drive far or you can walk. Just be careful no matter what you do, new town, new girl, could get into trouble.

The wig thing? Why wouldn't a woman want a wig? They are not just for "dress up" anymore. I have GG friends who have anywhere from 1-20 wigs. You can put it on in half the time of doing your hair. You can be a red head today and a blonde tonight and back again tomorrow. If the OPs wife wants a wig, why does it have to be just for the holiday? Maybe even better, they can find a couple wigs they could BOTH share? Just a thought.

Go have fun, check in with your wife often (especially when you get back to te hotel so she knows you are safe), be safe (in ALL aspects...don't let any temptation get you. Drinking, drugs, sex, hanging from a telephone pole in your panties...), and thank your wife for her trust in you...live up to it.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I love to dress up
    My wife has wanted a wig for quite some time now. She hates her hair. She has purchased plenty of extensions over the last few years but they are hard to put in.

She knows about my dressing. She just does not want to participate. Hopefully some day.

...I would say...change your plans.... If she was willing to go out for Halloween without you being enfem, then maybe better to change your plans so the two of you can still go out to a party and enjoy it together (so CDing is not replacing couple time) and since she knows you dress, pick some other night (any night or one either side of the 31st) to do your lone female thing... My wife is a little like that too...decides she's not going to enjoy a certain venue in advance or doesn't want to do the effort of a costume...so I drag her out anyway and if we're not enjoying it we change plans and do something spontaneous...its worked out great every time, my goal is to make sure we have fun, one Halloween we crashed a party another we hit the town and went dancing in a latin club. Sometimes planning a couples theme in advance can get her in the mood, but I have to do lots of the leg work.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleLee View Post
    Hi Bridgette,

I don't want to spoil your party here... but there are some danger markers here, IMO.

)
    I agree with Dani, We want their acceptance so bad we mistake wearing them down, to acceptance and a break thru and than there is the back lash. I've seen here and with myself many times

Follow your dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    I agree with Dani, We want their acceptance so bad we mistake wearing them down, to acceptance and a break thru and than there is the back lash. I've seen here and with myself many times
    So true.
    My advice? Don't go. And tell her why you decided not to go (because you value her feelings).
    Proceed with extreme caution.