Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweet 16 and How I lost it!

Paula, CONGRATS !!! I to have been fighting the same battle. I was close to the same medical conditions as you. So, on the diet I went. Gym every morning. I am down 50 lbs from 270 last FEB. Lots more to lose. My wife promised to go shopping when I hit 40 lbs lost, and what a great time we had. Most of my old cloths fit so much better. Next shopping spree when I hit 75 !!!! PLEASE keep up the good work. It is a never ending battle. I agree with JaytoJillian.. Good health and happiness is the most important.
    Last edited by Denise1951; 09-29-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Hi Paula, I can't add anything that hasn't been said already!!!!!! I'm positive that your inner self is finally at peace and that your goal is now in sight.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Platinum Member
    Talk about a transformation! You most importantly set a goal and took steady incremental steps to reach it. Congratulations!

That is so wonderful! I am very happy for you, congratulations!
    Stephanie

Congratulations Paula, You look awesome and are an inspiration. I have lost 45 lbs in the past year and desire to loose another 20. Your story and ones like it help me keep on track. I too was a size 22 to 24 and now at the new weight I can wear 16 to 18. I am 5'9" and feel that a 14 would be wonderful and the selection in clothes is awesome. I never thought of buying a size 14 outfit and putting it in the closet as a goal but it seems like a great idea. The weight loss has not only helped my girlish figure but I feel more healthy and no longer have any back issues and have no problems with colesterol, blood pressure or blood sugar which is great at my age (60).
    Take care and keep on looking beautiful
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Banned Read only
    You look absolutely radiant in the suit. Healthy eating and portion control are necessary in getting to an ideal weight and maintaining it. Being able to fit into a beautiful outfit may be strong motivation. When I see obvious obese women and men I wonder what happened to their inner self that made them get so heavy. Nobody is born at 280 pounds. You get there by passing through a lot of eating and weight gain.

Hi Paula,
    Thank you for sharing your personal story about the weight loss and your experiences at the makup counter.You created a focused plan for the weight loss and you look great! To finally go to the makeup counter, and to tell them who you are and to hold firm by not leaving is really something to be very proud of. It is people like you who make this forum so great and so inspiring for the members who desire to do the same someday. Your pictures on flicker are amazing and so beautiful.

Take Care,

Thanks for sharing!!!! I love your look!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    That is so awesome! The sweet spot is size 14 and 38" bras. Those are the sizes where everything is available in all the stores. No more trying to find your size.
    The sweet spot for skirt suit is size 8, the most listings on ebay are of this size. There are rarely any good size 16 skirt suits on ebay. So Paula must be tall to wear a size 16, but he looks proportionally good in the white skirt suit photo.

Paula - how tall are you?

I was once obese bordline type 2 diabetic at 205 lbs size 16. Lost the weight by watching what I eat and road biking.

Strange isn't it how being motivated for one reason, vanity and femininity in your case, has and will bring you great rewards for another reason? Being in mid-fifties and weighing near 300 was a sure signal for a short life. Now you appear like a curvy female should and it's likely that good health has added another victory. Congratulations --- wasn't easy!
    Now living alone in an apartment I cut 20 lbs. to my rowing weight of 154 some 61 years ago.
    By buying a type of stationary bike that exercises legs, arms and heart for 30 minutes a day while watching TV the time goes by fast. Of course I also cut out liquor, which I love, for digestive reasons but weight loss is one benefit as is cutting calories, salt and fat as we all know. is essential. And, as others posted - very well written.
    Keep working on it as we must.
    Julie

What a great success story, Paula! Congratulations.

I am 5' 12"

The girl who helped you and how it all happened was so sweet. Made me quite emotional. I'm 26 and I have still not done it - to go shopping. Hope girls like the girl you met exist in my city.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-30-2013 at 10:39 AM. Reason: no needto quote the whole OP

I really enjoyed reading your story. A great achievement and you look wonderful in your "dream" suit.

Congrats on 16 and you look really good
    in the outfit.
    Bicycling works for me, burns calories and shapes
    the legs/hips
    Good luck at staying 16, its worth whatever you do

Congratulations to you Paula! Your post was a joy to read, and so informative! I appreciate the time you took to write this and am inspired by your story. Best wishes to you!
    Di

Womanly, elegant and refined.

one of the best posts ever that i've read on the site....well done telling your story. and yes, you look fab in the white suit.

I weigh about 190atm down from about 215, so I guess that is something but tbh I've been lazy with the diet for the last few months. I think your story may be my inspiration to go a little harder and see if I can get down to 175. Just think how sexy i will feel when dressed
    "a little duct tape on the nipples is a small price to pay for beauty"

Paula, you look lovely. Alovely outfit like that really emphasizes that women at pretty and feminine, and a very powerful force in the workplace. Emulating women in their most positive forms is positive for our community.
    Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    [The whole process is not rocket science. Eat healthier food, keep it under 2000 calories a day and exercise. The experts emphasize that diets do not work, but that eating healthy does work. I found a reason to eat healthy --- something that gave me more satisfaction than feasting: femininity.
    Spot on, Paula.
    So good to be able to accept who you are, and so right about motivation for right living, not dieting.
    Thanks for sharing this story of you.
    Learning to be me - the best me I can be

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    Most importantly and listen closely here, if you do not enjoy exercise, you won’t keep it up. My walks are an escape. I enjoy them and feel as if something is missing if I don’t get that daily walk in.

The whole process is not rocket science. Eat healthier food, keep it under 2000 calories a day and exercise. The experts emphasize that diets do not work, but that eating healthy does work. I found a reason to eat healthy --- something that gave me more satisfaction than feasting: femininity.
    Yes! That's the answer! Awesome result

I think from the photos, that you went back to the NARS counter? What did Kasey think of the result? In her shoes, I would have wanted to use you in a sales display!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Look into raw protien and ultimate meal products, for
    weight maintenece. Pretty good stuff, with a solid workout
    routine i have had good results. A cosistant workout in key