Thread: Hair

Hair

Hi ya'll.
    For those that identify as both male and female (feel free to reply if u identify only as male too haha) what do you do body hair wise?
    I'm talking legs and arm pits...
    I personally haven't dressed masculine in years, and even then it was as a bi-chick rather than as a male, but it occurred to me today that its totally a personal thing. I don't think I could ever permanently not shave my pits cos it gets uncomfortable lol.
    Anyway, what do ya'll do on a day to day, week to week basis?

I don't shave my body since I accepted myself. I was 6 months without shaving before I went to a wedding and I needed to shave... It's society's rules unfortunatelly... I could be in the headlines of the wedding especially because I was a bridesmaid... I'm letting it grow again!

Letting my male side come out made my woman side more free

well there is what society says it should be.

then there is reality.

as for pits, it is better if both genders shave them, as bacteria grows on the hair and this is where the smell comes from,
    so if for nothing more them personal hygiene it is good for all.

I shave on occasion. As for the hair on my legs and arms, I've grown to accept it and I let it be.

Depends a lot for me. Normally I don't shave very often in guy mode but sometimes I have to so I can apply creams to my eczema. It can be frustrating because there is one area I have to keep shaven despite my preferences thanks to health. When in girl mode I tend to shave everywhere but the arms. Yes I have a reasonable amount of hair on the arms but it's quite fair so makes little difference if I shave it off. Nothing in it about looks for me, just what feels right at the time.

I like keeping my armpits somewhat shaved- I rarely bother to keep it all clean shaven, but I don't let it get out of hand either. It just feels cleaner.
    Legs, I honestly don't care. If it's the half the year that qualifies as winter, I definitely am not bothering with it. From what I've heard talking to ladies, though, a lot of them don't shave in winter either, so it's not really a transmasculine thing.

I identify as agender, with the occasional inclination towards one or the other. Biologically I am female thought. When I was about 13/14 I was taught to shave my armpits and I never really stopped with that. Nor did I pick up shaving anything else. For me it's more a case of habit than anything else. If I don't shave on a daily basis It feels itchy like nothing else.

Personally I don't think one needs to shave anything. It's quite natural to have hair. Especially when it comes to the private parts. The hair is there to keep things clean and infection free. As for the hair under your arms, originally they were meant to hold some of the sweat and give off our natural smell to attract others. It doesn't really have any use anymore. Especially with deodorant.

However, if you feel more comfortable shaving then by all means. There's nothing wrong with that

I dislike all (of my) hair from the ears down. From the ears up, it is leaving on its own.

Pits are always shaved. Chest, arms and stomach when I take the time. Legs and buttocks are currently undergoing laser hair removal. All other hair between waist and legs is waxed each 6-8 weeks.

I like to keep my legs shaven. As for pits and arms...that depends on the outfit and whether I am going out in public or not.

Ciara

i generally shave all the time, its a persoanl thing, i just dont like the smell, and dont like to see it, but again its personal

i'm a Pacific North West gurl that has lived in a few other places, but i always find my way back.
    i epilate most places, except bikini area, under arms, and face and neck. i epilate about every 3 to 4 weeks, and shave the other areas every couple days.

Shave them every day

I shave almost everything from the ears down. When I dress as a male I wear pants and long sleeves or a jacket. Facial hair-wise, I make my eyebrows thicker with black and brown eyeliner and if I want to look really manly I won't shave my face for a few days. I think that I must have a lot of testosterone for a female, because I have to shave almost everyday or I start looking rather rugged lol.

I shave the pits and arms fully. Little by little I'm gradually shaving the chest and legs. I told my SO that I was getting tired of seeing that hair turn gray.