Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody done this

anybody done this

I was helping my wife out tidying out the cupboards. There were some items that she put in bags which was going to the local tip. After we had finished I said that I would take them to the tip, but the items were a nice top and skirt. I had the chance to hide them for later. How many of you have this in the past.

One time I got some nice clothes that my sister-in-law had thrown out!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Sometimes but usually it was stuff that wouldn't fit her any more, so it definitely didn't fit me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I have a couple of skirts that my wife could no longer wear because of weight loss. She doesn't like to be reminded of size 14 so I don't wear them around her!

I have done this quiet a bit. My wife has thrown out clothes that when we go to donate them I go through them in the garage first. I have also found clothes in rental houses that I have been cleaning out for my job. This last one I got 6 pairs it thigh highs and a pair of pantyhose all in unopened packages.

Years ago, an aunt gave my mother a mink jacket. No one wanted it. Guess who has it now? BTW, I am sensitive to animal rights issues but this thing is very old.

Guilty as charged.

I have : ).

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    In our house "charity begins at home", I always go through her donations before we go Goodwill.

Always, but OK with my wife to do so.

Oh yes!!! Sweaters, Bras, Belts. Once she had some really nice expensive dresses from her sister to take to goodwill or the salvation army and I hit the jackpot. Her sister is just about my size.

I have had opportunities over the years to get first dibs at wardrobe reorganisation, a greater percentage of the clothing went my way first.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've done it a couple times. I don't see anything wrong with it. It might be slightly dishonest to say you're taking it to a dumpster/thrift store and then go through them in your garage, but only because of "lying by omission".

In a situation where it's stuff that is being thrown away by someone, they obviously don't want it anymore, so you're merely just taking something unwanted and claiming it as your own. I believe that when someone throws something away, their claim to it is now over.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

I have not done that one time! I have done it too many times I can't remember!! LOL

My EX used to bring home bags of clothes from her customers and after she and her sister went through them and she left for work I would have a look. I still have a few things .

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Of course I do this, I probably bought them in the first place and sub-consciously I wanted to wear them. So now I can and don't have to share. Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Silver Member
    Done it! Wife, daughter, mother, neighbors(2), have had clothes they didn't want anymore that I have gladly accepted and taken the rest to donation service. They all have seen me in their former attire.

The way I see it, family should get first dibs on anything you are getting rid of, so it just makes economical sense. The only issue is size and style... most of the times it is nothing I want. I have this philosophy on gifts, that I should never ask what my gift was used for once given...its the thought that counts...if you give it to help someone, it doesn't matter who you are helping and the fact that these clothing donation places are really running a business before helping anyone in need it makes it all that easier to decide if its okay to make use of old clothes.
    Chickie

In the same vein of what Chickie said, I wonder if any people (members of this forum not excluded) have had hand-me-downs from a relative of the opposite sex, like a boy receiving hand-me-down jeans from a female relative.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My second ex gave me some of her jeans.

Just today my S.O. had bag to send out. Of course I raided them. Found a dress I always wanted. And by golly I have it now.

I always go thru the donation bag before pickup. Only found a couple items as my wife is much smaller than me.

Yes always go through it as you never know what you might find , nine times out of ten it is to small but when I do find something and wear it about a week later my wife will say " that's mine" and I will say , "It was as you chucked it out "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Aspiring Member
    My wife always asks if there is anything I want before throwing any items out or giving them to a charity.

Snap. I get the chance to ensure nothing I would like is given away first. Although if they are going due to size they go, as we are both the same. Just making things go around a little longer!