Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you changed your name?

I always had Amy. I always liked it , but also it's from the Pure Prarie League song, Amie, I just think that sums up my realtionship with Amy. The stuggle between my male and female self. Glad to say though Amy is winnen the day!

Ive allways been Shirley and added on Anne about a year ago.

My cats usually have several names. One is Smokey Bear, Gray Panther, Big Fluffy, Gray Lion. The other is Minnie, Minnifur, and Minnie Le Peau/ I have several names, Amazon Alice, Lucille Tall, Treetop Louise, and Alice Torn. May change again.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I first went by a name very close to my male name then changed it with online security (and maybe some paranoia) in mind. I haven't really settled on a real name, as I want my wife to help me come up with something we both like. The one I use here is my favorite band, just misspelled.

I have been Laura for as long as i can remember, i starte using it when i was in my teens, But just recently, my Wife said we should change it to Jackie, then she could call me it in public even when in drab. She has been using it and it is begining to grow on me, so i may change it.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis.j View Post
    .....................and ppl normally don't go around changing there names the whole time.
    I suppose it depends on how many Police departments are looking for you......possibly?

There are so many gorgeous names to choose from but Rebecca Lauren Woods just happened upon me and I can't conceive of a reason to change now, unless the wife says so!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I think people have to discover themselves and decide on a suitable name.
    Mine was given to me when I was a little boy.... Now I am a big girl and my name is still the same.
    I also have two email addresses and two telephone numbers.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have never changed my name since I was 16 I'm 59 now. My feminine soul has always been Ruth.

I have only changed my name once. When I signed up it was "Miss Joanne" but this I saw other girls signing up with MissJoanne, and Miss_Joanne and I just didn't want it to become confusing or for either one to post something and others to give me the credit , or the blame, for such posts because they didn't read the name right.

I just dropped the "Miss" so whether that counts as a name change or not depends on how you look at it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I haven't yet, I'm seriously thinking about a different first name, and taking my mothers maiden name when things get serious, as in full time.
    I'm off to a gender identity counselor this week, so I suspect I should say in the near future.

I tried on a number of names when I was younger and trying to find my name. After a while I decided on Margo and used that one for about 12 years. I changed it to Sabrina because I wanted a name that fit me better. Also margo had a bit of baggage attached to it and shedding the name helped bring closure to some of that baggage.

Jenara is a fantasy name I've given myself but in the unlikely situation that I decide to transition to become a woman, I might go with the name my parents would have given me had I been born female, Samantha.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

Several times. It's a bit trial and error, a bit like clothing itself. Some names fit for a while but then went out of style (for me, anyway). Veronica was sort of given to me, and for who and where I am in life right now, Veronica works.

I have been Maureen Fleming, Katrina Maureen, MissArlene, Beyonce Welch, over the course of my CD like. Arlene Raquel will likely be my last female name.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Arrow Re: How many times have you changed your name?

Changed my name once. For many years I used Janet, log on name JanetCD or Janet_cd on various forums. Changed to Phoebe in the last year. Found that Phoebe was the name my mother was going to give me if I were born a girl. Also like the meaning of Phoebe - Phoebe (given name), a female given name meaning "bright and shining".

Pheobe

*PUBLIC NOTICE*

The names in this thread have been changed to protect the guilty innocent

I've always liked Nikki (Nikoletta) and it's close to sounding like a variation of my male name.

Never changed it, but did amend it to add the Lynn part. Full Femme name: Jodie Lynn Ransley
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I've only changed my name once. The first name I used was one I like, but I had no personal connection to it. I changed it to Erica, which was the name of my first crush, way back in the day

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    When I was born I was given just a first name and no middle one. My male name is Philip and my real surname start with the letter G. When I first neded to chose a female name to open a profile on website for CDs, the name Katie Philips was what came to my mind first. As you can see I adapted my first male name to form an alternate surname for my female self. I liked it so opened an email account with this name. Since KatiePhilips was taken, I decided to spell my femme name Kattie Philips so I could use kattiephilips to form my email address. I used this name for several years including a long period without actively dressing. As soon as I resumed dressing I figured I was too old for a "Katie" so decided to use the full length version. Faced with the 3 most common spellings (Catherine, Katherine, Kathryn ), I opted for kathryn; the name you all know me as. Today there have been developments following having just come out to my parents. Their acceptance and support means that I want to keep my family name when I eventually change my name to begin my transition. I have decided to add a middle name; "Philippa". With this name, being the female version of Philip, I will keep a link with my given name and thus honnour the my parents original choice. So, at some point in the future I will change my name to Kathryn Philippa G...
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    In my first stirrings of thinking of a femme name (though I didn't know it was called a "femme name" at that point), I had thought of being "Suzanne."

Later, I put together my first femme name from a feminized version of my male middle name (spelled the way a friend of mine in college had spelled hers), my maternal grandmother's maiden name, and, as a middle name, the name of the original avatar from Second Life, "Ruth." (One of the glitches that used to happen in SL was that your avatar shape could temporarily be replaced by Ruth's shape after teleporting. We called it "getting Ruthed.") So I became "Jaymie Ruth Tapie," and even had that label on my makeup cases and so forth.

Then, once when I was on the phone with my mother, I asked her about how she'd given us our names (mine came from the "family book," so I was named after some ancestor), and then what name she'd have given one of us (she had three sons in all) if we'd been born a girl. She said she'd always loved the names "Amy Gale." Right then, I felt it was right for me, as her firstborn, to give those names a home. So I became "Amy Gale Ruth Tapie" at that moment, and Amy I shall be forevermore. (My mother now knows about this side of me. She's actually pleased that I took those names.) That's the label that's now on my makeup case and hair-accessories case, as well as on the "Transgender ID Card" in my pocketbook carried in my purse, and I sometimes wear an "A" pendant as well.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I tried using variations of my male name but I never liked them to begin with. I ended up choosing Dalva because of my admiration of the title character of a novel by Jim Harrison, plus I think it sounds pretty.
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

I took the female version of my male name because I want to still be myself, just female. I did think at one point of calling myself Melissa because I love the sound of the name. Another possibility was Catherine - what my parents had thought of naming me if I had been a GG, but I have known too many girls with that name so it has associations - both good and bad.
    I dance to a different beat.

The name I have chosen, and will be mine legally soon, is Erica Bobbi Gruetter. Erica is remembering my daughter, also from one of my middle names, Bobbi, from my boy first name, last name was given name. all have meaning and soon will be on my DL.

Other than the name I was born with, this is the only one I will ever have, too much meaning.

Bobbi

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    It was immediately clear that my newly-found femme self needed an identity so I generated a short list of names I liked and asked my wife's opinion. She chose Tina from that list and I filled out the rest of the name when Tina got an email address. I can't imagine changing it!