Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too tall for heels?

Question Too tall for heels?

Too tall for heels?
    Hi everyone!

I am quite tall and slim (6'2") but I absolutely LOVE heels. They really set off my long legs and I like how they feel. The only problem is, in my favorite 4" heels I kinda tower over everyone else.

What do you think? Should I stick to cute flats, or wear my heels?

Kelly I am 6'4" anyway I used to be, I wear 3" heels all the time, and yes they do set your long legs off, and there is nothing like wearing heels and making your legs look beautiful, go for girl, and enjoy them, hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

kelly
    I asked this question a while back and all the girls on here told to wear what feels right for me. there is no thing as being to tall so I say girl if you love to wear them than wear them

Jordan

Silver Member
    Too tall? I am the same height as you and yes, I USED to think that way. More recently, I have been out a few times in my 3" heels, and haven't felt the least bit out of place. Why? Haven't the foggiest. But I know my legs look waaaaay better with a longer line and my feet don't look so enormous in my booties. And if people only see you in your heels, that to them is your normal height.

Wear whatever you want to wear. If you fear others' judgments of you, maybe you shouldn't be crossdressing. I'm really not trying to be blunt, but isn't this about you? It should be. Do what *you* want. It's your life. Live it for you, not others.

Kelly, heels are a girls best friend. It is not unusual to see very tall girls and GG's in heels. Might just limit their height, maybe around 3", so you don't have to duck in doorways.

Hugs, Robin

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I've got you by an inch and I wear up to a 5 inch heel . A 5 inch heel on a size 12 pump is like a 4 inch heel on a size 8. Enjoy your heels. If I couldn't wear heels, I'd quit CDing and go back to model airplanes!

Oh yeah, and no matter how high your non platform heels are, they'll only add 3 inches to your height.
    Last edited by Lynn Marie; 10-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.

That's strictly up to you Hon. Do what you love I say. No law that says if you are a certain height you shouldn't wear them.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Ditto what Kate says. There's no law that says that a girl over X-feet tall may not wear heels. Afterall, if a girl is 5-10 and can wear heels, does that mean the girl who is 5-11 can not? BTW, I saw a stunning GG the other day who was wearing a shorter skirt and heels and she towered over me. I would never tell her she could not wear heels!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

As I always say...a skirt can never be too short, lipstick can never be too red AND HEELS CAN NEVER BE TO HIGH!
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Thanks for the advice, girls! *hugs*

Ditto...I'm 6 ft and I wear 3-4 inch heels. Wear whatever makes you happy
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

I'm 6'2" and I just deeply love three things about dressing wearing makeup especially the lipstick, hose especially dark black silky type thigh highs, and heels especially the taller ones that are platforms and I almost break my neck in. If we love something I say enjoy it. Thus all my lipsticks are deep dark red, all my hose are deep black silky ones and my heels.... You guessed it are tall. Go for what you like, life is short and as a George Strait song says I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time. Wear your heels honey.

Banned Read only
    I went back and read your introduction. The biggest concern concerning high high heels is standing out in a crowd. If you're closeted, then you do not have to be concerned about sticking out. Yes, a six foot woman, let alone a cross dressing man, will attract an inquiring eye. There is no difference in noticing a woman who is six foot two and a six foot two woman in heels. I'm six foot and wear heels in my home all the time. I prefer three inch heels because they are more comfortable than higher ones, which I also have. I reserve my one inch flats for the soft ground in the backyard. I've been out walking in the evening with three inch heels. However, I find strolling on long walks is uncomfortable. In a nut shell buy some heels.

Platinum Member
    depends on where you are and what you're doing. i'd wear flats or low heeled sandals during daylight hours and heels if I'm a bit more dressed up. Since I'm the same height as you, we face the same issues as far as "towering" is concerned. But I don't really let that bother me - I tend to be taller than most people anyway. A couple more inches hardly matters.

You can look elegant as a tall girl.
    Try working towards that goal.
    If you have a masculine appearance it will be more difficult.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I see a lot of GG's that are tall every day. They stand way over me and it doesn't stop them from wearing heels so why should it stop you? Wear what you want, not what someone tells you is right or wrong.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Wear your heels! Just remember that tall girls will attract attention. There is a young woman in our church choir who must be at least 6' 2'' and the other day she was wearing 4" heels.
    Hugs, Carole

I'm 6'0" tall. My lady always notices when I'm wearing my 4" wedges - she can't reach me for a kiss, even on her toes, but absolutely loves the way they make my legs look. Whether you're 6'2" or 6'6", when you're that long and lean you'll look just as nice. If you like the way you look and feel in them wear them and enjoy!

This could easily turn into a math thread. Lets see, if a 6'-2" girl wears 6" platforms, what is the lofting limit of her hairdo to avoid knocking it on a 7'-2" doorway? Guess it depends on the thickness of the door mat

Hugs all, Robin

Kelly, as you can see by all the replies that plenty of us who are tall in our stocking feet still wear heels... I'm 6'2" in my stockings and own many pairs of heels in varying heights, I absolutely love heels and don't let anything or anyone stop me from wearing them! That being said, if I'm going to go to thrift stores shopping, or running errands during the day I have several pairs of nice flats and that's what I wear, not always but mostly. I'm a big lover of skinny jeans and heels so at times I'll go shopping in those, but it's much easier to change trying on new outfits if dressed more casual. I saw an actors daughter the other night on "Extra", I think it was Clint Eastwood's daughter but I could be mistaken....anyway, she was 6'2" in her stocking feet and she was wearing 5" or 6" heels, OMG she was absolutely gorgeous....she towered over everybody and with her head high, shoulders back she strutted her stuff. Of course she was drop dead gorgeous, but the point is her height did not take anything away from her beauty, it only added to it....So yes, yes, yes, by all means wear your heels and strut your stuff, don't slouch over to try to hide your height, but hold your head high and own your look!!!! K
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Two weeks ago, I would have agreed with Susan that "a skirt can never be too short, lipstick can never be too red, and heels can never be too tall", but then I got this really cute little red plaid, pleated skirt, and I had to painfully admit to my wife that I was wrong...it is possible for a skirt to be too short(my bottom was sticking out when I was standing straight). But as for the other two, I still agree...lipstick can never be too red, and heels can never be too tall!

I'm 5'11" in my stockings, put me in heels and I go over 6 feet. I just recently spent the day en femme with my mom and visited an upscale mall and the Ikea store in South Denver and barely got a wierd look or stare. I did get a couple of double takes from a couple of guys looking at the stunning brunette, LOL. I love my 3-4" heels but prefer to walk in 1-2" heels, I just manuver much easier in shorter heels.

I'm 6' and love heels and always felt too tall to "pass". Fortunately my opinion has changed. People will look at Anyone who is taller than the norm so don your heels, strut with your head held high and just enjoy being you.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I live happily in the world's tallest nation (or so they say), the average height for a woman is about 5'7" over here, but I'm 'only' about 5'12".

Anyway, I don't think we should kid ourselves. If our height doesn't give us away (if that's really a concern), there's at least a dozen of other things to worry about. If you want to wear heels you should wear heels, if you want to blend in you should wear men's clothes.