Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Experiences on other forums...

Experiences on other forums...

Hey!

was wondering what experiences people have with other forums

mainly other CD forums but non CD ones too!

i know many will just say "i only like here! here is the best!" and that's fine too but i'm def. curious about others too

long time ago and for a long time i was on one called pantiesetc which was more about guys just wearing the underwear... and now there's one called hewearspanties which seems a bit better... they're fine with people wearing / doing more but they're fine with wherever you are at! ... and keeping things from turning x-rated and whatnot... that is key to me!

this place always feels REALLY focused on going the full presentation and then TStuff too... and far beyond!

also i was wondering if people had any experience on Non-CD forums talking about themselves? i'm on a music one where like a decade ago i was "outed" and it kinda sucked but then over the years i talked to girls about fashion and such and it was fun! ... but then also there were jerks who were kinda crappy too... that's the gamble!

sometimes the light joking about things could be fun and i didn't mind...

no one ever seems all that interested really to really ask much more in depth though i have talked about issues on there like wondering if i was transgendered or what they thought about me getting a sex change had i ever gone down that route

it can be interesting to get that outside perspective but still be somewhat behind the cloak of the anon. of the intronet!

what say you!

I've been on a couple technical forums but not very much, the responses seemed more robotic vs forums on this nature. Kind of like being back in the closet, I couldn't really be myself. Some places you just feel better with, some are specialized. Some may make you feel intimidated. They are there for a purpose and contribute to that purpose. It's nice for some people to start out being behind the curtain of an avatar, this allows some comfort whilst testing the waters. Later on you find you've made acquaintances and become part of something. Something that may indeed make all the difference. Or maybe it just passes the time and makes you feel better. I prefer the diversity, a bit of something for everyone. And hopefully I can reciprocate that.

Don't know if I can name other fourms here or not. Real Crossdressers dot com is too much about sex for me, and I haven't tried any others. Apparently sending me PMs with pictures of male sex organs is supposed to be interesting to me? I know what they look like - in fact, I have one of my own. So I cancelled my membership there and found this place, which is about people rather than sex.

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Platinum Member
    Hi Mink, A long time ago I joined two other forums but never posted on one and only very few times on the other one.
    It just don't get any better than this forum.!!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Totally non CD related? - I'm a member of a few different video game studio forums which I enjoy very much. I'm also in a forum for single fathers.

CD related? - I joined a couple of others a short time before joining here. I have hardly visited them since coming here. One of them was ok, I guess but not very busy. The other one was waaaay too uptight. I got chastised by a moderator for even implying (let alone describing ) sexual matters and once, one of the other members criticized my choice in pantyhose in a rather mean way.

Once I started to hang out here, I really haven't looked back at the others. I really like it here. You're all a bunch of swell gals.

I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

I hang out on the Armagetron Advanced forums, and have done so for 9 years now. I sorta have to, these days, I'm one of the project administrators. I'm "out" there, and there's at least one other occasional forum user who is also out there. The community is welcoming of anybody LGBT on the forums, but in-game on private servers you may get different reactions. But as a moderator on those forums, you can generally trust me to stamp out hate speech about anything on the LGBT continuum (and I'm not the only mod who feels that way).

Gold Member
    When you are at the Best, why look for anything else.
    I do on occasion check in at MWB (Men Wearing Bra's)
    Not as active as here, but their total subject is men wearing bra's
    Rader

i'm on a music one where like a decade ago i was "outed"
    How did that happen?

There's a music related site I've been a member of for years. One of the members was showing his disgust of gays, and another member responded by saying he was gay. Back and forth he said "really, Im gay". And shortly after that he didn't come back. Some members of those forums also forget that there are women members too. I've also seen blacks get offended and say goodbye. Most CD sites I've seen don't have a forum or much of one. This is the most active forum I've seen in any category.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Gold Member
    Been on a few. Most are pretty dead. One active one I go to at times that is kind of busy but they talk about mostly the same stuff we see all the time here.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    How did that happen?
    oh god! i had met up with a gal from the forum who said she was totally cool with me dressing... and she wasn't nearly as cool with it as she made it out to be... we then had a falling out and she just spread it all around

first lady i ever told too

(that sure showed me!)

I hang out on technical forums like slashdot.org. Also occasionally comment on Disqus forums on mainstream media sites. I did join crossdressingzone.com which is a decent forum, but not nearly as active as this one and the forum software isn't as good.

I've been looking at other sites lately, but I don't know if the CD.com rules allow me to say which ones.

I haven't been posting much here, mostly because I don't feel particularly at home. CD.com seems to cater to a rather socially conservative demographic, especially regarding attitudes towards women and gender roles, and the CDing itself is framed to fit into that mindset. If I read too many posts, I start to feel like I've fallen through a time warp back to the 1950's and early 1960's. I don't fit into this mindset, both social-politically and in how I approach my "dressing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mink View Post
    no one ever seems all that interested really to really ask much more in depth though i have talked about issues on there like wondering if i was transgendered or what they thought about me getting a sex change
    I think the passage I quoted was describing other sites, but it describes my own experience here. I've tried talking about how I feel and how I dress, but since it doesn't fit into the Standard Model here, I get ignored (at best.)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been on a few others but they get too creepy for me.One was more sex/ fetish oriented and was super sleezy so I left after a few weeks.

I belong to many CD oriented site, in fact at one I jave over 2,000 post. Also belong to a few political/conspiracy sites. I don't belong to any creepy sites.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

The thing that attracts me to this forum is that the other ones I tried to belong to were all about sex. My message box was filled with questions about meeting men, and what I'd like to do to them. This forum is much more cerebral. Getting dressed for me isnt' a fetish--sex isn't even involved. I like that people talk about techniques, feelings, experiences, and most of all personality. This forum is a place for CD's to lean on each other as we all try to figure ourselves out. This forum isn't a place to feel victimized by a bunch of sexual predators. If this forum ever became that, I'd leave. But I've been here a little while, and hope to be here a long time to come.

We're all "sisters" here.

Hugs,
    Staci

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Mink, I used to run a (non-CD) virtual community forum. It was a rewarding experience while it lasted, but I don't know if I'd want to do it again. It has given me a great deal of appreciation for the mods on this and other forums!

I'm only on a couple of other CD forums besides this one, and this one is the one that gets the lion's share of my participation. I'm on mainly technical forums as my male self these days.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I was a moderator on one very large forum for years, I left in good standing.
    That said,, you will have varying experiences depending upon the mindset of the moderators.

Mink,
    I used to belong to URnotAlone.com and loved it. It is a Crossdressing / Transgender site that had a lot more pictures, but no place to read a lot about other peoples' thoughts & ideas. One thing that it does have that I miss is the ability to chat with other members when they are on line. I had to leave URNA when my Brother-In-Law signed on as an admirer - since I'm still in the closet to all but my wife, that was too close for comfort. Worried that he would "find" me.

Finding this site to be interesting..

Hugs, Connie Marie

i must chime in... ive joined a few other sites... but i concur, most do get into to much sex. I perfe this one, as its more of a support for me... to help me cpe with the man/woman i want to be....

melissa

The only other one I've been on was larua's playground. It didn't get into sex really, but the users except for the mods were highly inactive and it was sort of a downer c: I like that people actually post here

Aspiring Member
    I'm loyal and dedicated to this wonderful site!
    Two other websites worth reading and following are:
    www.hewearspanties.com and
    hannahgotta.wordpress.com
    Always amazed at how much information is out there...

This forum appears to have less flaming, divisiveness and senseless arguments than most other forums I have looked at.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

This I like about this forum!
    I've seen some forums where the whole basis of it is built on flaming or lets see how angry we can make OP :P
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 10-02-2013 at 09:03 AM. Reason: please do not quote previous posts thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    This forum appears to have less flaming...
    You think so?? ha! That's because you only see what we want you to see, if we left all the arguments, flame wars etc... it would be a different forum indeed Not to mention I'm mean
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Having been here only a short while, my perspective is limited. There are a lot of 'meat markets' out there which are OK if that's what you're looking for. The forum here seems to be more about sharing information, having a bit of fun (the word game thread) and exchanging ideas with like minded folks.

Yes, there are some flame bait threads and some snarky remarks (you know who you are but it had been a pretty nice experience so far.

Hugs, Robin