Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are men's clothes more comfortable

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere

Are men's clothes more comfortable

I was reading a Dear Annie column in a news paper today and there was a question that began "Why do people make a big deal out of men who are crossdressers" Her response to the complete questions was "Women who wear men's clothing generally do so because it is more comfortable. Men who wear women's clothing, which is decidedly less comfortable, often do so beacuse it gives them a sexual thrill or satisfies some emotional need".

So do you CD/TG or even you GG's out there agree with her statement that women's clothes are decidedly less comfortable?

I have to say that I don't agree with her. My first thought was what is she wearing and where is she buying it that her clothes make her feel so uncomfortable. Malybe I am off base but one of the reasons I left the "professional" world was how uncomfortable I found wearing suits and ties. I have also found it pretty difficult all my life to find a pair of jeans that really fit me all that well. I am a lot more comfortable in a dress than I am in jeans and work shirt.

I would also have to say to her that I don't crossdress because of any sexual thrill, or to fulfill some emotional need. I crossdress because it appeals that female side of me, its part of who I am not some outlet for some deep seated emtional hangup.

That's my oppinion.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

sort of yes and no

i mostly wear boyclothes because it's just easier and i'm used to it... sort of a t-shirt and jeans sorta guy!

while female clothes have more nice fabric / can be more "freeing" feeling ... like a dress in a breeze! ... i think i'm still too hyper aware of what i'm wearing and how different you have to act (like for sitting or whatnot) i don't know

it does kinda bother me that say for bedtime a girl could wear her bf's big shirt or say his boxers for "comfort" but god forbid a guy wanting to wear her undies or a nightie for bedtime / lounging comfort!

I would have to agree with you. My skirts are definitely more comfortable than my work pants. As far as I know I have no sexual hAng ups. Lol

I don't crossdress because of any sexual thrill, or to fulfill some emotional need. I crossdress because it appeals that female side of me, its part of who I am not some outlet for some deep seated emtional hangup.
    when they say some emotional need i wouldn't say it's some sort of negative "emotional hangup" or whatever...

it sounds very much like that's what it does for you!

it's not a bad thing at all!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yeah when I started wearing girls clothes it was a sexual thrill for me but something happened on the way out of the closet, I found that womens clothes were quite comfortable and frankly looked better than the drab look. I would wear a lot more female styles and colors if I could and wife was on board but it's not to be. Panties are so much more comfortable than men's crappy stuff, and the silky kind you find for guys is so much more expensive

Unless I'm wearing a suit and tie, I don't even notice my guy clothes. They're neither comfortable nor uncomfortable. Even when my heels are hurting a little bit, it still feals great. Comfort really doesn't matter.

I think men's and women's clothes are both comfortable but in different ways. Men's clothes are generally loose providing roomier comfort. The women's clothes I like fit more snugly, which gives me a feeling of security, like being hugged. I enjoy wearing women's clothes because it makes me feel better than I've ever felt and not really in a sexual way. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I would have to say, overall, I think Women's clothing is much more comfortable. It depends on the style
    and how you're wearing it. But, a nice silky skirt rubbing against thigh-high stockings, Come-ON! In Man-Mode, I would have to say I dress pretty crappy. I mean, not bad but
    pretty damn drab! In Sheila mode, I find myself much more free and willing to wear soft, beautiful fabrics, bright colors and things that accent my body. Clothing in guy mode, for me, blows.
    I almost had to puke when recently attending a ZZ Top concert, I noticed that at least 75% of the men around me we wearing cargo shorts, polo shirts and little booty socks. YEEEECH! I also noticed that most of the women at least tried to show some individuality with their outfits. Lots of old groupies at this one! ZZ Top Rocks! (Sorry if I offended anyone's clothing choices.)

Comfort to me depends on what I'm doing at the moment. If I am grunging around in yard, garden or walking in the woods, I want clothing that can take the abuse. In that case, men's work clothing are a must. On the other hand, if relaxation is my priority, then I prefer the softer feel of women's clothing.
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

I don't agree that women's clothes are less comfortable, most of mine are much more comfortable than my guy clothes. Her comment about crossdressers, though, sounds like a definition from a psychology textbook from 50 years ago.

Some key differences in terms of why I love women's clothes vs mens: Men's clothes tend to be heavier. Women's clothes tend to "play in the wind" better, as with skirts that swish a bit. However, there are examples of women's clothing, like "traditional office garb" such as suit, control top panty hose, slip, spike heels (for 16 hours). Women just end up with more choices: skirt, dress, slacks, jeans, shorts, etc. So, weekends are a great time.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    When dressed enfemme, I'm attempting to create boobs, a waist, hips, great legs, and a bit of a butt lift. All of which I don't naturally have. That means a tight bra, a corset, or tight shaper, or a waist cinching belt and high heels. None of which are especially comfortable! Erotic and exotic, yes, comfortable, no.

I'll take a dress or skirt over jeans anytime. And there is nothing sexual about it. It just feels way better. Most of us don't know why we really dress How could she possibly know.
    Angie

Women's clothes are definitely more comfortable, and many more options. You can't get more comfortable than a sun dress, etc. Yoga pants are super comfortable. Women's jeans are far more comfortable than men's.... I suppose wearing a bra is less comfortable than not wearing one, and men's shoes are typically more comfortable than pumps - but otherwise I can't think of a reason anyone would claim men's clothes are more comfy. Unless you want to dress like a slob - and even then, women's sweats and t's are more comfortable

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I also don't agree that (in general) women's clothes are less comfortable. Where the problem is for me is, just as Lynn Marie says above, is the foundation wear that we use to create curves. After a long day and or night in a fitted LLPG (and sometimes even my bra) I am dying to get undressed and slip into something more comfortable, not men's clothes, but some nice girly PJs or a nightie.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I think women's clothing is quite a bit more comfortable. Generally, the materials are softer and have more give to them.

Comfortable is a point of view held by each individual.
    With polarized views on clothing by most readers here, the preference goes with the choice of clothing and how you feel when wearing a particular item.

I may get to be a politician with an answer like this.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    No men's clothes are intrinsically no more or less comfortable. Certain women's foundations may feel a bit confining, but I suspect that a woman with D breasts will be more comfortable within the confines of a bra.

Emotionally speaking, I feel a bit uncomfortable she I have to wear men's clothes...but that comes from somewhere inside. I don't hate wearing men's clothing, but I quite honestly would rather not.

Gone to live my life
    For me it really depends. I spend my work day in a uniform of some sort. Now combat fatigues are comfortable, dress uniform not so much this would hold true male or female uniform. Civilian attire is all together a different story in that I find women's clothing not so much more comfortable but more of a variety in style and material.

A lot of gals hit the nail on the head in that a dress or skirt is quite liberating and just plain feels nice. When it comes to guy clothes if I want to dress nicely, then it is a minimum slacks and a nice dress shirt (very confining) whereas if en femme I can wear a dress, skirt or slacks (more variety, softer material and much nicer IMHO)

However, for the most part when I dress at home en femme, I wear jeans and shirts, panties and a bra or comfy PJs closer to night. When I dress in boy mode at home . . . jeans, shirts, boxers or comfy lounging pants closer to night.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    When dressed enfemme, I'm attempting to create boobs, a waist, hips, great legs, and a bit of a butt lift. All of which I don't naturally have. That means a tight bra, a corset, or tight shaper, or a waist cinching belt and high heels. None of which are especially comfortable! Erotic and exotic, yes, comfortable, no.
    Lynn nailed it perfectly.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Everyone has their own personal "comfort level" with clothes, type notwithstanding. The best rule of thumb is to wear what makes you happy in my opinion.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Gold Member
    I had a GG tell me that she wears pants because she feels dressed.
    When wearing a skirt or a dress, she feels naked unless she is wearing pantyhose.
    She does not like to put on Hose unless she has to.
    Go Figure.
    Rader

Both men's and women's clothes are comfortable if they fit right, and both men's and women's clothes are uncomfortable if they're too tight or too loose. I wear women's clothes because it expresses who I am, or at least a part of who I am, on the inside.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Is someone's idea of comfort based on loose and baggy, or skin tight? Some of my guy T's are baggy and comfortable, but then there are those skin tight cami's that are comfortable in a totally different way. If you look at pants, they are nothing to talk about imho, yet let's look at a loose skirt around your legs combined with skin tight pantyhose, or hi-top hose and you are talking about a comfort level that no pants could ever match. When I wear pantyhose, my wife looks at me with the look and comment that says why on earth would you ever feel comfortable in that? Well I guess if we were all the same, this world would become a boring place rather quickly!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I don't think"Dear Annie" has a clue, except that we do have some emotional need to bring our feminine sides to the surface. I'm sure that need Iis unique to each of us.