Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are men's clothes more comfortable

Both have comfortable sides to them, for years I wore coveralls to work, they where comfortable, loose and baggy. Then we went to pants and shirt, OK, but not near as comfortable and roomy. But on the other side, come on, how can you compare a pair of jeans to a full skirt for comfort. (closeted, often don't feel the need for all of that padding.) Or a pair of leggings to jeans. Even jeans to jeans, I find the girls jeans win hands down, I like the lighter fabric, and the stretchy feel of them.
    Tee's women's softer fabric happier colors, and a cute fit, girls still win.
    Oh, and I'll take a night gown over PJ's hands down. But then we do have a different slant on the subject.
    Besides, whats more comfortable than wearing what matches how you feel in side.
    Last edited by Tina B.; 02-11-2014 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added a thought.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    I find women's clothes much more comfortable!
    Hate wearing shirts but love open neck blouses because of the lighter fabric and you dont have to tuck them in. When I have dressed as a woman, I always wear what makes me feel like a powerful sexy woman and I do get a thrill from it because of how good the clothes make me feel but some women seem to look good in everything.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

I find women's clothes to be sooooooo much more comfortable. For me there simply isn't anything more comfortable than a dress or a skirt and a soft blouse. And as far as undergarments go, panties are so much more comfortable than boxers.

I guess it's hard to separate the fact that dressing en femme makes me feel better about myself and so I suppose that might might bias me a bit, but women's clothes are the best!

Men's clothes are more comfortable to me but so is wearing PJs, there is just nothing to it,

My SO once told me she thought short skirts and dresses were uncomfortable. I couldn't figure this out since I felt my own skirts were incredibly comfy and easy to get around in. Then she explained the lack of "comfort" had to do with always being aware of where your legs and the hems were so you weren't flashing your panties. From that standpoint it seemed she might be correct. From a tactile perspective, I'd go with girls clothes every time.

Are women's clothes less comfortable? Sure they are, there is no comparison between wearing heals and wearing loafers.
    But that isn't the point. Wearing my usual clothes is just wearing clothes. But dressing enfemme, in a nice dress, heels and makeup is just a different world. You can't explain it to a guy that doesn't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    There is nothing like wearing a cut of pair of jeans, sweat socks, a ripped tee shirt and athletic shoes. Of course, my wife refuses to take me any place when I'm in the ripped up jeans.
    Ha - Ha! It's not just me... Thank you Steph... that pretty much describes me as well. And you're right about all those artificial fibres in hot weather... noooo, sorry. My 100% cotton boxers will do me nicely for practicality, thank you...

But then Adriana probably has the last word...

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    I find mens clothes more comfortable too ( Im in sweatpants all day in guy mode) ...but no where near as much fun!
    Horses for courses, I suppose...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by kristalcarlisle33 View Post
    I find women's clothes to be sooooooo much more comfortable. For me there simply isn't anything more comfortable than a dress or a skirt and a soft blouse. And as far as undergarments go, panties are so much more comfortable than boxers.

I guess it's hard to separate the fact that dressing en femme makes me feel better about myself and so I suppose that might might bias me a bit, but women's clothes are the best!
    Dresses don't interest me much, but skirts are more comfortable than
    any trousers, especially in summer. Boxers are horrible IMO, I used to wear slips/y-fronts not them. Otherwise perhaps not a huge difference except that some male t-shirts/tops seem very tight-necked. I much prefer lower/scoop necks. These apparently exist in male versions, but are mainly female clothing.
    Last edited by TessaGirl; 02-13-2014 at 04:33 AM.

In a nutshell, women's clothing is less comfortable physically, but we simply feel more comfortable wearing them. Ta-dah!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

lol, i wish i had THAT problem! I have no hips or butt so woman's pants fit me slightly better than mens but fall off just as easily!

it's a non-argument. Some men's clothes are comfortable some aren't. Same with women's clothing.

Now, how we feel emotionally when we wear a particular piece of clothing.... That is a more complicated question. I've never felt comfortable wearing a corset, but I love wearing one. On the other hand I am not comfortable wearing a tie and I hate wearing one. I also have men's clothing that I really do enjoy wearing. A loose dress on a hot day is wonderful. A flannel shirt on a cold day is a great thing.

Alana

I really wonder what sort of response you expect from the "converted".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As said before, there are comfortable clothes for both gender, but at least I prefer more sexy female clothes that are usually not very comfortable. On the other hand when I'm in male mode I usually wear comfortable clothes like jeans, t-shirts, jackets etc.

If wearing women's clothes reflect your gender identity at the time wouldn't they feel more comfortable? On the other hand if you're feeling masculine or maybe just butch wouldn't men's clothes feel more comfortable? I can't wear dresses or skirts when I'm working because the machines I use could catch on them, which would be awful. But I breathe a huge sigh of relief when I can get out of them and into a dress or tunic. But every now and then the opposite is true. So I don't think it's just the clothes. I feel really comfortable in a bra but do I feel that because the bra is a comfortable item of clothing? Hardly. But a bra is a key to my feeling comfortable because it creates a feeling of femininity that I want to have.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Susan Brownmiller in her book "Femininity" made an interesting observation about femininity and female clothes.

Her contention is that part of femininity in our society is being to able to function in restrictive female clothing and shoes and relish the restrictions.
    In reality, it's a bit of self imposed light bondage imposed by the feminine clothing that women who want to be truly feminine in our society enjoy to one extent or another.

So, in that respect, are many of us here that different ?
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 02-17-2014 at 03:26 PM.