Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it sometimes our duty to crossdress?

Is it sometimes our duty to crossdress?

Last week, Monday and Tuesday were really stressful at work. Wednesday was even worse. By Wednesday night I was so grumpy I could barely stand myself. So when I came home I immediately changed into femme clothing. The stress evaporated almost instantly, and I was suddenly able to put things into perspective and deal with things objectively. I then realized that I should have dressed much earlier in the week. If I had done so, it would have been much easier on my family, my coworkers, and myself.

I'm usually too tired in the evening to change clothes, so I just continue to wear my male attire. But it occurs to me that sometimes I owe it to the people around me to dress more often.

So the question I have for you, do you think that sometimes it's our duty to crossdress?

Wow, the power of rationalization. No you never have a duty to crossdress.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I don't know if it's a duty to crossdress, but it can help us get through other duties. I had to cook dinner Monday night and again tonight...it's more pleasant to do so as Amy.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

If it's our duty to CD, what is the duty of other people?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Interesting perspective! My wife has commented how much more pleasant I am to be around when I can dress, but I think she might take issue if I were to pose it as something I do for her or the kids' benefit. Can't wait for the day she tells me to dress to improve my mood, but I won't hold my breath for that.

No. It is our duty to ourselves as well as the people we love to manage our health, mental and physical, so that we can contribute to creating a healthy environment for all. For many of us, crossdressing is just one of the tools we have at our disposal.

hmm... well at first i was like um duty? that is nuts, but upon giving it a little more thought i framed this in the perspective that i think it is our duty as a person to be the best, happiest, most loving, and helpful person we can (just my personal belief)... in that context i think it is important to be honest about who we are, especially to ourselves and pursue the things that make us feel fulfilled--i think this is important if we are to achieve a sense of "enlightenment" of sorts and i think for everyone some of the things that are going to make us feel fulfilled are not going to be easy to do for whatever reasons... i also think these goals have some inter-relatedness so if we are weak in an area it may cause a deficiency in another area... so if you need to dress to be your best person than i guess i do think it is your duty to dress, however, i hesitate to say that it's because you owe it to someone--maybe i feel more comfortable saying that i think you owe it to those you interact with to be your best self as much as you can, so if dressing helps you achieve that then you owe it to yourself to dress... hope that made sense.

There are no set rules here.
    I'm as much as middle-of-the-road dual gender transgender person as one can possibly get, and many, if not most evenings, I am in my guys running gear because I just ran 4 or 5 miles. Sure, I'll go to the supermarket wearing my womens' jeans and womens' T shirt and a hairband & earring studs and no makeup. But in reality, I feel no obligation to present as female if I don't feel like it. Sometimes being genderless works for me.

Silver Member
    Reporting for duty.

Wife tells me dress before I get to that stage
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    Wow, the power of rationalization. No you never have a duty to crossdress.
    Ha! Yeah, if my H tried to use this rationalization on me, I'd be informing him it was MY duty to sit on my ass all day, drinking wine and eating chocolate because that alleviates my stress which clearly benefits him. Love it.

Gotta give the OP points for originality

It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it .

Probably not a strict duty. That would seem to create an obligation to dress. This might interfere with my prime directive on dressing....have fun with it.

So long as the prime directive is obeyed, use any rationalization required to get your heel time.

Hugs, Robin

Cynthia
    You hit the nail on the head. It is our duty to crossdress. We owe it to the world. The world would be a much nicer place with more girly girls.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

I don't think its our duty to crossdress like for the cause and sisterly pact. For me its only a duty to myself to dress how I want and how I want to feel and if I get an opportunity, but its by far an obligation to do so.
    Tara, the fab me!

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Reporting for duty.
    What Heather says and I'll volunteer for the first shift...... But for reals I don't have a duty to dress I just do it for enjoyment when the mood hits.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    If it is a duty, put me down for a few shifts .

Not a duty, but if you recognise the signs of your angst, then maybe you need to act earlier. Also, what an excuse, if one were needed, to dress more.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

If it eases other peoples stress then you owe it to them to dress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Like when I was in the Army: "I seen my duty and I done it."
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Duty to dress? no. Duty to go out dressed? yes... I feel the more common place we make ourselves the more common place we will become. I feel that I'm somewhat friendly and outgoing. I also dress and act like the average person.
    Therefore... I feel encounters with me serve to undo prejudices people have about the TG community. The general public needs to see we're not the Dr. Frankenfurter (Rocky Horror Picture Show) or Buffalo Bill (Silence of the Lambs) image projected by the media. (Kudos to the Drew Cary Show's for portraying the Steve/Stefanie role as a positive example)
    Also back to the becoming common place thing. I think a lot of public misconceptions stem from the fact the general public is not used to seeing us. I've made this speech before using the example of black people moving into what had been a traditionally white community. Yes it shocks a few at first but over time they get used to seeing someone different in their community until finally they think nothing of it. Another but poor example of this When my SO started watching "The Walking Dead" I was creeped out by the zombies. Now they not only not bother me I've actually become a WD fan!

No duty, in fact its almost the opposite, nobody can tell me I should or should not dress... but, if I dress I think it is my duty to do it as best as I possibly can.
    Chickie

It's my duty to help raise the kids, pay the bills, repair broke stuff, etc. It's my privilege to be able to crossdress ( and with the wife's full acceptance.)

Crazy Lady
    My transition at work was a 5 year period where I started with a nu-bra and over that 5 year time gradually wore larger and larger forms with bras at work under my male shirt and apparel. I also let my hair grow out. I considered it my duty to be obvious that I was gender non conforming, as we do a disservice to ourselves when we remain in the closet when it comes to our rights. Hundreds, if not thousands in my area now now a gender non conforming person and see I am a decent person. Granted, I didn't really start until my company had a gender identity or expression clause in its EEO statement. It also helped that I was on the company local Diversity Counsel. I transition at work a year ago to being Deanna full time.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    I'm basically reversed on this one. It's my duty to maintain and live life (forever!!!) in male mode, being that's who pays the bills, buy's my clothes, my wife prefers and wants. Or for about as long as I can tolerate or make excuses for why male mode is a must. I guess it could be rationalized that a day or 2 in girl mode is required just to smooth things out a bit, justify the financial expense of girl mode and to bring life back to order.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

It's not our duty to crossdress any more than it's our duty to play golf, collect coins, build model trains or airplanes or any thing similar. Depending on the limits we've put on ourselves to protect our identities or our families, we can dress when we want or not dress. Your bras won't fall apart from non-use.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda