Thread: CD visiting San Francisco

CD visiting San Francisco

I am a non-passable CD visiting San Francisco this week on business. I haven't dressed in a LONG time since now I am married. Wanting to take advantage of this time alone to be a gurl again. But I have no clothes to wear. Plus where are places to go in San Francisco for a non-passable CD? Any CD or GG here in San Francisco interested in hosting a non-passable CD to dress me up? I've always wanted to do make up but never been able to. Thank you. Kellye.

While there are lots of places to go, the only place I can think of to get "outfitted" is down the road in San Jose, about 40-45 minutes south of SF. Check out Carla's.
    Debby

Thanks but I don't have a car. I am near Union Square. I am mainly looking to borrow some things. Can't take anything home with me so don't want to buy anything. Just wish I could find someone to hang out with while here and be the girl in me.

Look in the phone book for thrift shops (much easier than web search). They will be mostly in the Tenderloin (just west of the hotel district) or the Mission District (south of Market St.). Public transportation is excellent and should be all you need to get there and back. Check your computer and search for "sfmuni" to get on the bus and trolley sit
    e; or use your cell if it has a GPS (make sure it has a SF map).
    If you know you sizes, just pull them from the rack, pay and go; If you need to try them on, ask. Most places will have no problem, but the Mission is mostly Hispanic, Catholic and, has some pretty conservative folks, particularly elderly ones, so be diplomatic.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Last time I was there I saw 5 Guys in little black dresses and heels running up Market Street toward Van Ness..... couple of them had facial hair.... none wore makeup... really no one cared...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

There are many thrift stores in SF. There are two around Market and Church Streets, Out of the Closet, which has several stores in SF and Crossroads Trading, which has a great selection with tops organized by color and is a bit higher priced. Just Google "thrift stores in San Francisco" and you will find all kinds of them.

The most CD town on the earth

I think everyone has said it just enjoy yourself but do it with caution
    The large department stores have a great range of casual clothing for all sizes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You may be hard pressed to find folks willing to do what your asking but visiting a transformation shop as suggested might be the best route. If that won't work then trying to pick up some low cost stuff at a thrift store might be the next best idea. If a car is the only barrier to going to Carla's then maybe a taxi, or maybe, just maybe someone living there would be willing to give a ride, idk, you would have to ask them.
    Megan