Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What does everybody do for a living?

president and CEO of a tech company

Service Engineer for a major equipment manufacturer.
    Sara

I own a pub

Most people would think this is a dream job, but the reality is that it can be a real nightmare:

• I regularly have to work up to 18 hours a day, 7 days a week
    • I have not had a single day off since I started, in February 2013 - and I cannot see the opportunity to have a day off in the coming future
    • I have to listen to a lot of rubbish spoken by customers
    • I hear everything, see everything but cannot say anything
    • When I am behind the bar, I have no friends - lots of acquaintances, but NO friends
    • Any problems - 'the buck stops here'!
    • I am constantly on the look-out for underage drinkers and people selling/using drugs on the premises, because it could cause me to lose my license
    • If the beer tastes good, it's good beer. If the beer tastes 'funny', it's my fault
    • I cannot have anything to drink, because it's a slippery road downwards
    • I cannot afford to lose customers, so I have to dress 'conservatively', cannot listen to the music I like and have to keep my thoughts to myself
    • Every person who comes through the door could pull a weapon and rob me
    • Every person who comes through the door could use abusive language at me
    • Every person who comes through the door could run off without paying for their drinks, thus costing me money
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Chemical Engineer in Sales

Flight attendant and environmental planner when not flying

Retired........many years in industrial management.

Retired after a career that took many turns.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    Website designer. I own my own company.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 10-20-2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Do not put 'personal information' or 'business information' in threads, posts or your profile
    Please stop trying to judge people. Unless someone comes up to you and asks "Do you think I am transgender?" it is not your right (and is actually really offensive) to tell someone that they are/are not.

I am like ArleneRaquel -- I too am retired after a career that took many turns. I was a government drivers license examiner.

I am a Police Officer with a large department in Arizona. I've been in this field for about 15 years now.

I drive a wrecker.

Resist
    I'm really wondering why this thread is in the Transexual section?

Mods?

Edit:
    It sounds like the OP is TS but many of the replies are obviously not TS relative.
    Last edited by gonegirl; 10-21-2013 at 12:46 AM.

I am sorry, in my case it was a newcomer mistake, I neglected to check the forum when I saw it in new posts.

Untitled
    Quote Originally Posted by S1m0ne View Post

Mods?

Edit:
    It sounds like the OP is TS but many of the replies are obviously not TS relative.
    If you care to read the purpose of the TS forum

This section is for all members to post in, however, topics are restricted to Transsexual specific items and for Transsexuals to share their experiences. This section is also Gender Neutral, this section supports both M2F and F2M Transsexuals.
    The decision on whether to move/delete/edit a thread is dependent upon the OP. The OP of this thread identifies as TS and alludes to her transitioning in her current job/career. As the OP did not request a specific section of the membership, it is quite valid for non TS members to contribute to the thread.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Resist
    Thanks for replying, Nigella,

Yes I know that all members are welcome to post in this section, however, how does a post from a CD in this thread comply with Transexuals sharing their experiences?
    Last edited by gonegirl; 10-21-2013 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Removed quote marks

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    S1mone,

You already have your answer. The Original Post did not specify replies coming from only one section of the membership so all members have the right to post.

If you want a discussion that is limited to only MtF transsexuals, you have two alternatives:

1 Spell out clearly in the original post that you only want replies from MtF TS members - and draw the mods' attention if we overlook a response from someone else

2 Better than that post in Safe Haven
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Resist
    Thank you both for replying.

I'm a communications engineer, mainly focused on security.

I'm a Registered Nurse, Critical Care, ICU

I design sneakers for major and minor brands. Saying I work for New Balance is not that simple. I happen to work in a very close-knit industry where everyone knows everyone.
    I will NOT work for Nike. ...sorry.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 10-22-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Yes I know that all members are welcome to post in this section, however, how does a post from a CD in this thread comply with Transexuals sharing their experiences?
    lol

I was thinking the same thing Simone. It's interesting to see what people do, but not exactly informative for a TS considering transition.

que sera
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I'm a locksmith!
    Morgan Lynn Scatterbrain

Military!

Banned Read only

Mods?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    lol

I was thinking the same thing Simone. It's interesting to see what people do, but not exactly informative for a TS considering transition.

que sera
    I disagree, Melissa and Simone . I think it shows that we are a very diverse and intelligent group. We have everything from Truck Drivers to Chemical Engineers to Electricians and even a Youth Worker. Many of us are still in traditionally male dominated jobs. I think it shows a TS that no matter what your occupation is, you can transition and you do not have to go out and find a traditionally female job to keep working, unless you want too that is.

That would be correct Jorja if only ts were responding. I would venture that the majority of the responses were from those individuals that have no intention of transitioning and will continue to work as a male. I will agree that those of us that are TS, gender variant,or across dresser have a many variety of.professions.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W