Thread: Vacation for a week!

Vacation for a week!

As some of you know, my crossdressing has gone from a prolific schedule where I was dressing many times a week to an almost nothing situation. However, my lovely wife has gone on vacation this week with her sister, and I have the house to myself for the next six days! So, of course, I'm making the most of the situation.

Now, I know there are some of you who feel that if I had an open and honest situation with my wife, that I'd not be in this situation. I can say from experience that the measure of a wife's love is not dependent upon her unequivocal acceptance of her husband's propensity to crossdress. There are some women, some of them valued members here, who openly and graciously accept this in their husbands. There are others who simply do not. They cannot wrap their heads around it, really don't want it in their lives, think it's weird (I guess they'd be right about that), and just don't want to deal with it. All the talking in the world is not likely to change their minds all that much. Much of the time, these same women are devoted and dedicated wives who love their spouses and their family, and don't want it to dissolve. Such is my wife, who did not know of this when she married me. And I love her completely.

That said, she knows I crossdress, and it's not a stretch to think that she knows I'm going to do this while she's gone. And I am. Like a hungry man who just found a nice steak. I'm wearing my very favorite dress right now as I write this.

Unfortunately, it seems as though the support group I've attended every now and again, Transgender New Mexico, has dissolved, leaving me with nothing to do on a Friday or Saturday night. That's too bad. There were only five or six people at the last meeting I was able to attend, and I guess membership and participation has dwindled. So I may not be actually going out anywhere at all during this brief time. But really, that's okay. I don't much care one way or the other except for some minor disappointment.

I haven't posted much since my wife started working from home. Some of this is because my interest in all of this wanes as opportunity shrinks. I simply find other things to do. I'll admit that it nags at me a bit. The desire to dress does diminish, but it never really goes away. But I'm determined to roll with the punches, and not let this all get to me. Crossdressing for some of us is so much a way of life, it paves the path to transition. For others, it's only clothing. For me, it's something in between, but it's admittedly something that stirs me deep in my soul. So I'm reveling in my opportunity right now, very happy and content to be completely dressed from head to toe, for all practical appearance, a woman through and through. It feels nice.

It's going to be difficult to put it all away next week. But that is just what I will do, and I'll reflect upon this week with a smile and a lament. But for now, it feels good.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Hello Marla
    Lucky girl that you will have a week for you.. looking forward for your next pictures

About you actual situation I can see me in that picture

Good Luck
    Luciana

Enjoy the time you have to dress. My SO is also not really supportive. Yes, I get to dress but she just doesn't understand so I sometimes get the 'look.'

Platinum Member
    Enjoy the moment,and the week. Afterward, imagine the possibilities. You never know how life may surprise you.

Gad to hear you get a week to wear you wonderful dresses, you have such a tasteful and elegant wardrobe.

Hi Marla, Long time no hear! I have to say that my situation, and my feelings and views about it , mirror yours EXACTLY. My wonderful wife is going to Fl. for 7 days next week, (You get the picture) so I too will be basking in the moment, creating some enjoyable memories.
    Enjoy your week!!

Enjoy your time dressing. I'm sure it will be magical.

Enjoy your week hon
    Take lots of pics so when next week when you have to put things away you will have memories to look back on. And share the pics with us.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Platinum Member
    Hi Marla, I've followed your story about this and it really brakes my heart to hear about your plight.
    I always loved seeing you in all of your lovely dresses I sure that things work out for you.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Marla, you have so many beautiful dresses, I know you'll truly enjoy the time you have this week.

Wendy

Marla -- Hope you enjoy your time for yourself. Like a person who has not had a drink of water in many days, are you going to try on every one of those lovely dresses in your wardrobe? I would find it hard to limit myself to wearing just one every day. Are we going to see any pics?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Like many others, I have followed your story. There have been times when I could dress all I wanted, and I did, and other long periods when I couldn't due to "life happens". Unlike your situation, it's pretty good for me now. Things can change.. And they will.
    As CDers, we always have done what we could, when we could. Now is your time to enjoy, and I hope you do, and not spoil the experience by dreading the day it ends.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 10-04-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: corr

I think a lot of us are in the same boat Marla. While some have supportive SO's many of us do not. Seize the opportunity to be all the girl you can during this precious time.

There has to be someplace you can get out to dressed. It would certainly add to your enjoyment, I guess. Sure would if it was me.

Have a great time.

Hugs, Robin

Hi Marla, have FUN with your week! Enjoy it for what it is. Hey, even though my wife is fine with "things," we have a 7 year old that only knows DAD, so opportunities are few and far between. I wouldn't trade her any more than you'd trade your wife, right? So, we take what we can get.
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Marla,
    Enjoy the moment while you have the opportunity.
    I do disagree that dressing paves the way to transition.
    It does make some think about themselves though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nice to hear from you Marla, Enjoy your vacation,
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. I'll try to take some pics, but so far I've only been able to dress in the evenings. I'm not an expert at cameras, so they always come out with a noticable shadow behind me due to the flash. During the day, that isn't a problem. Maybe Saturday or Sunday. We'll see. I'm thoroughly enjoying the time I do have right now. I'm sad to say that my boobs seem to have failed at the seams in a few small places. But you know, holes don't grow smaller. Sigh. I hardly get to use 'em anymore, and they're wearing out. Ah well, they're still usable for now. I'll try to milk 'em for all I can get.

Snicker!

I made a funny!

Here, I snapped a pic. I know it's not summer anymore (hey, I wore a sweater!), but I just felt like wearing my white pleated skirt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TGMarla; 10-04-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Your week did you good, Maria. I like your white outfit. A daring colour if I might add.

M.