Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I really want too Pass as GG

Banned Read only

Do I really want too Pass as GG

Hello All, Me again. This time I won't cause any trouble, I promise. I was pondering this thought. Some of us try real hard at passing as a GG for whatever reasons we have. As a I've looked at some of my pictures and some pictures of members, I feel that there is a mystic and mysterious( hey, my signature) look about a man dressed as a woman does but still having the characteristics of his natural face or build. I believe this is very interesting to many, both GG's and GM's. I feel when I'm read, based on the couple of times I've been out, folks(other than the idiots that are Neanderthal in there thoughts and comments) look at me with much curiosity. Like their brains can't compute what they see. So, we become very interesting too them. I feel like they really want to talk with someone like me but are scared because of what others will think of them(peer pressure). A pretty face w/ a beard shadow offers something different to the eye. A full beard may be too much but, everybody is different. Anyway, what you think? Maybe, this may be a way to alleviate many folks that are just not happy unless they look total fem out and about.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    For me, Tina being herself is important to her. It's really not about the perception of others in the first instance. It certainly reinforces the internal perception to be treated as a GG but if there is a reason to pass, that's it. She really isn't driven by the interest of others, at least we don't think so at the moment.

Banned Read only
    Hi Tina, I'm glad too hear that you are you own person and not based on what others may think of you. I noticed that when dealing w/ men(paying at a ticket window or some other up close face transaction) they clearly know I'm a man but, have noticed that they speak too me in a way that you would speak to a GG. I don't disguise my voice when talking too someone so that's a dead giveaway. Some women though, not all, look at me more surprised and sometimes chuckle. The difference that I receive from both is very interesting.
    Last edited by MysticLady; 07-27-2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot not..........Duh

For me a true happy life would be were I could go out in the world dressed how I like.
    All the nice women's clothes, but no makeup or wig, For me it is more about comfort and
    preference, I have no desire to pass, But I would like to be accepted for who I am

I truly doubt that I will ever actually go out in the real world dressed as I please.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I try to pass but I know I don't really. Yes we are looked at differently in that there are so few of us out and about, that is the curiosity factor. I also get the same feeling that mostly men speak to us as if we are women, but there may be two reasons: 1) they may not be positive we aren't and don't want to offend us or 2) they are being polite, present as a woman and be treated as such.
    Women I think are a little different. They read us better, they usually know we aren't women. For them they appreciate the effort we put in to look the way we do, they also like to compare themselves with how we look. Also they are more open in asking why we do what we do and other conversations.
    Of course there are men and women that think we're freaks and are want nothing to do with us. They saam to be in the minority and I don't even bother with them.

Silver Member
    We are all individuals, all having both female and male traits - but some males having more femininity than others. Who ever we are, what ever we choose to wear or hope to present as, it is IMO that we as the individual must always be comfortable and confident in for that moment. Sadly most of society does not recognize and respect equality of clothing, makeup, hairstyles, actions, & attitude for both genders. Perhaps this is a reason why many of us remain "indoors" to avoid the public insults and humiliation.

I don't pass any deep scrutiny, and I don't care. I'm very feminine, have the acceptance of those around me, and don't scare the horses, or children. Starting serious transition at 55, I can't realistically hope to be mistaken for a popular movie star. I can however, exude confidence, be friendly and polite, and carry on as if I have always belonged there. In my small town, my being trans is no secret, so I try to portray a positive image for all of us.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I actually do care about what my friends and acquaintances think about my appearance. I listen to their advice and make improvements where I can. Last May I got to sit in on a terrific class on passing taught by a master. She really enlightened me on so much of what it really took to "pass". I learned a lot, try to incorporate what I can, and maintain those characteristics that I personally especially like that may not contribute to my "passing". It's the best I can do. At 6'6" in heels, I attract attention! Normally it's good attention and I get to make friends. People I meet are very often fascinated with me, especially women! Being a CD is just so much fun.

I think that many folks may appreciate the fact that we have the guts to do what we do. It's rare to find a person who lives outside of the "box" and is just their own person. In any case I do what I do to please myself, not others.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Incongruity in gender appearance certainly can elicit curious looks. I do my very best to minimize the incongruity of my appearance but I've grown to,accept that for the reasonable discerning observer, those masculine features will be apparent. I don't see a value in this, but I live with it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    ... I feel when I'm read, ...look at me with much curiosity. Like their brains can't compute what they see. So, we become very interesting too them. I feel like they really want to talk with someone like me but are scared because of what others will think of them(peer pressure). ....
    I don't agree. Strangers don't want to talk to strangers unless there is some terribly obvious reason to do so: sitting at a communal dining table, seeing some sports team jersey on the other that you also follow, that kind of thing. Strangers want to move on with their life.

Now, WHEN I have engaged any "normal" while I was dressed, no one shied away and everyone seemed to get past it quickly.

When"read" as a "T something",more people than not probably find it interesting,as you are a rarity in many places.No one really knows what is in your panties[unless you tell them lol],so most people will treat you as a feminine being. Some woman appreciate the fact that you are "on their side",so they tend to be the ones that want the question and answer session,if there is an opportunity for that. I had an interesting one just last night,in fact. The older lady said that she had never seen a "T person" in real life to talk to"...lol So,we had the talk! Another convert gets added to our list!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I know that I don't pass, but I still go out. I usually dress to blend, unless it's a GNO, then I'll dress up. Except last Sat. night; too damned hot for waist cincher, hose, etc. Anyway, I still apply my makeup and try to look like a composite woman. I've seen a few GG's that by comparison, yeah, I'm the cute one (we've all seen the "People of Walmart" videos!). Then again, many make me look like a train wreck! I don't care. I'm out for my enjoyment, not to audition for a shot at being a VS Angel. If anyone has a problem with me in public, it's their problem, they have to deal with it.

Victoria, come on up to Des Moines, you would fit in with our gang!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I don't care about passing. I want to be seen as sexually and romantically attractive by the same people who see GGs that way. I would love it if TG admirers were attracted to me, and I *do* love it when heterosexual GGs are attracted to me.

I have no intention of acting on any of this theoretical attraction, I just want it.

Thinking about it, I don't think I'm being an attention junkie. I think that that is a valid measure of my presentation, and I know damned well a lot of GGs have exactly the same goal.

So in that respect, I'm acting just like a GG.

As for being mistaken as a GG, I don't really care. I'd rather not have it be a mistake, more like a stereotype. "Hey, you're really attractive to me" based on "I'm attracted to women, therefore you must be a woman" is preferable to "You tricked me into thinking you're a woman". I'd rather have signs that I'm a GM and still be found attractive by those who are attracted to GGs. Does that make sense?

In the end, I want to be accepted as who I am and given the appropriate level of respect for it. I already claim the dignity, which is mine to claim, insofar as I go out mixdressed already. An important part of that acceptance is being someone that someone else finds attractive. So I love busting GGs checking me out in a skirt, where some are curious, and some are strongly attracted, and I'd like to bust a heterosexual GM for it too and smile at him and we both know what just happened and we're happy about it, and then we go our separate ways.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I don't agree. Strangers don't want to talk to strangers unless there is some terribly obvious reason to do so: sitting at a communal dining table, seeing some sports team jersey on the other that you also follow, that kind of thing. Strangers want to move on with their life.

Now, WHEN I have engaged any "normal" while I was dressed, no one shied away and everyone seemed to get past it quickly.
    Jennifer, you really need too get out some. You seem kinda sour at times. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Are there any people in Idaho?(just kidding) I truly appreciate you being here. I think the GG's really like you.

When I've out en femme, I just smile at everybody and no body's punched me yet. I enjoy watching people's reactions to me.

I try to do the best I can to not embarrass myself or those around me, but at just over 6' in flats I stand out in any crowd especially since I love my heels. Ha ha, silly me! Anyway,my makeup is carefully applied, my clothes are well thought out, and I'm finally comfortable in my own skin. I like my fem self and I like doing regular everyday things dressed as such and I just can't be comfortable doing that if I'm worried about what others think or what they see me as. I believe for the most part others see what you portray, if your worried about being "made" or if your really uncomfortable then that's what o/p see and are more prone to be standoffish or poke fun or god forbid laugh. On the other hand if I'm relaxed, comfortable and having a good time o/p are more likely to accept me and want to be around me. It really has everything to do with my attitude as to how I'm accepted, and that to me is what's important.!!! I pass for what I am, not for what I'm not. xxx kandy
    Last edited by Kandy Barr; 07-27-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Link to my flickr photostream:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kandybarr

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandy Barr View Post
    It really has everything to do with my attitude as to how I'm accepted, and that to me is what's important.!!! I pass for what I am, not for what I'm not. xxx kandy
    I like your thinking, Girlie.

This isn't exactly what this post was asking about or discussing but I wanted to mention for those who don't pass or have no interest in passing that some of us prefer that. I'm not attracted to someone who is passing as a female because I'm not attracted to females but I am attracted to men who are obviously male with female clothing or make up. My husband and Eddie Izzard are my two favorite men in the world for sexiness.

So from one GG to those of you who don't pass, or have no interest in passing know that someone out there thinks it can be attractive.
    Erin
    I wear the sassypants in the family.

“The greatest obstacle to connecting
    with our joy is resentment.”
    ~ Pema Chödrön ~

A Guide to Overcoming Envy

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinSassyPants View Post
    So from one GG to those of you who don't pass, or have no interest in passing know that someone out there thinks it can be attractive.

I knew I liked you for some reason or another, Maybe you need to start a club of GG's on the outside and bring them here. . That way, if my wife does decide to split, at least I won't have any trouble finding a GG that won't give me a hard time regarding this. But, I'm sure there will be other issues which "I" can sort out ,later

Just an Add. Please feel free too post whatever you like too talk about on any of my threads. I have no issues w/ You doing that.
    Last edited by MysticLady; 07-27-2013 at 11:22 PM.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I couldn't give 2 poopies about passing as a gg any more. All that I care about is enjoying my crossdressing session to the fullest. When I had my mind set on passing, I just wasn't really enjoying the time. Seemed like my dressing sessions were to please others and not me. Wearing clothes that I didn't have an appreciation for, not wearing items that I had a deep passion for because "gg's don't wear them", public outtings turned to stressing about the "passing test", and the pictures looked so darn boring

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady View Post
    .... I truly appreciate you being here.
    I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me. I wish there was a font for dripping sarcasm.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I wish there was a font for dripping sarcasm.
    Where's Karen when we need her. That girl is like the cops, never around when you need them

Silver Member
    I don't pass and seldom go out in total fem. I wear women's clothes no skirts or dresses most of the time. Wear a bra without forms most days. People see what I have on and act oblivious to it, some are. Anyway I enjoy being myself and am the same person even in drab. Friends don't even seem to care.

Banned Read only
    I absolutely HAVE to pass as much as possible for being a GG. This is part of the reason that I've never dressed when/where any one could possibly see me. Not even my invisible stalkers. Even the idea of my Adam's Apple showing is too much for me to handle.
    Last edited by GBJoker; 07-28-2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Some how, I forgot some words in my post...

Mystic lady
    I am hoping to have my first outing next Monday and I am very concerned as I would be upset to find people laughing at me. I tried an experiment today in the shops, looking to see how much people actually look at others around them. 90% of people are so absorbed in their own 'here and now' that it would take something fairly dramatic for them to notice. In coffee shops and lunch bars is slightly different as people tend to look around them more to see who is in the vicinity (predator response?). In the actual shops (except the lines for the tills) almost everyone was self absorbed. There was one young lady who looked right at me a smiled, and I dont know why (im certainly not attractive to 20yr old girls) did she see something in me? - I was dressed in male mode so i cant see what caused her to smile at me. If this had happened whilst dresses en femme I would have had a heart attack as the last thing I want is anybody looking me straight in the eye.
    So to answer the question - To pass (as we all want to do) as a GG we need to take account of our environment, dress accordingly and hold your head up high. I only saw a handful of GG's actually wearing skirts, so to pass today I would have needed to be wearing jeans, a t shirt and flats. (Funny that's what I was wearing). Be confident with the outfit and accessories including wig as if you are uncomfortable with anything people will automatically know something is wrong.
    I hope I can take all this with me next week on my trip out as I am scared stiff.......Ellie, shaking in her panties thinking about it.