Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accidentally messing with the girlfriend

Accidentally messing with the girlfriend

I finally broke down, got an epilator and suffered through the pain. Didn't bother telling the GF that I was going to do it. Fall is here, so she probably knew it was coming. But she really doesn't like the way that I look shaved. She likes the manly look of the hair. Then in bed that night she starts gliding her feet along my legs. Nothing really new, but something she's never done for more than a few seconds before. This time it was several minutes, felt nice. I was actually surprised when she didn't say anything. Next morning, same thing, lots of rubbing. Then again that night, several minutes in until she finally says "Did you shave?". So it appears that she may like the looks of hair, but I think she's pretty sold on the feel of shaved.

For the record, now that I've gone though the initial pain of the epilator, I'm never going to stop. I don't want to ever do that again!

My wife definitely likes the "hairy" look. But after many years I think she now likes the clean shaven feel.
    Stephanie

My wife use to love my chest hairy, but now she wants me smooth all over,i have been lasering my chest with a home one and is working great. this summer was the first time i didnt let it grow back and kept everything smooth and she loved , not to mention i love it.

I understand... My wife likes my chest hair and for some reason I didn't think she cared either way about the hair from the waist down. But last week we were sitting around the house when she told me to come to the den, "I have my table (massage table) set up and the wax hot, that fur has got to go!" So after weeks and weeks of not grooming due to work and stress, I am baby butt smooth from my waist to my toes! Loving it!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

Platinum Member
    Hi Brittany, The hair comes back finer and is less painful to epilate .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    The hair comes back finer
    No it doesn't come back finer, that is a myth. When you shave, you cut the hair across, which makes the hair blunt, when you epilate or wax, you are pulling the hair out from the root, when it grows back, it grows back with a point, making the hair seem finer, when in actual fact it is not.

Hair can also grow back patchy, pulling hairs out from the root constantly, damages the follicle and can eventually stop growing.
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Maybe its time for a joint appointment to get both your legs lasered? Early Christmas Present!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

So you finally took the plunge, good on ya Brittany. Yes it is painful the first time, but you adapt to it. My feeling is the 'smooth' time is much greater than simple shaving so its worth the effort. If your GF gets to like the feel, might free you up to keep them clean year round.

Regarding Tamara's comments, I am not aware that my leg hair grows back at a different density. It was not thick and bushy to start with. However, there are no stubblies when it grows back, like when shaving. It comes back soft, so maybe this is where the 'finer' perception originates (or the product's advertising). If she is correct about killing off the follicle over time, that is just an additional benefit. However, I do need to keep an eye on things as there is a decided tendency for ingrown hairs.

Again, congrats on this big step.

Hugs, Robin

I am correct, 3 years of Beauty Therapy training says so
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Thanks Tamara, much appreciated. Always grateful for new information like this. So, theoretically, the more I do this the less there will be to do, over time. Not a bad twofer.

Hugs, Robin

I never had heavy hair and I keep shaved most of the time and my wife loves how it feels!

You do have to watch messing with the girlfriend it is probably time to say something, or have a good answer when she asks.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I also can state from my own experience that plucking and epilating over the last 7 years has caused my hair to thin out in quantity and maybe even thickness, or maybe the thicker hairs' follicles have been damaged so much that they have died out quicker than the finer hairs. Anyway, I have less hair to deal with now and much less resulting pain when I epilate.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    Hair can also grow back patchy, pulling hairs out from the root constantly, damages the follicle and can eventually stop growing.
    Seems to work well for eyebrow hair. I know my eyebrows need only a monthly touch up. I wish facial hair behaved that way.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Croft View Post
    I am correct, 3 years of Beauty Therapy training says so
    You know I got into an argument with my teacher about that. I told him if that's true why do people have to keep on getting eyebrows waxed. It also makes difference in which growth cycle the hair is in to.

Nicole, you raise an interesting possibility but I am not volunteering for the experiment. Just can't imagine the collateral damage of trying to epilate my face. Perhaps that is what keeps laser and electrolysis parlors in business.

However, if there are any volunteers here, it could make for a valuable contribution to the CD community. Just kidding of course

Hugs, Robin

My fiancé loves the smooth girlyness. She does not like the hairy beastly look one bit. However I'd rather shave. Don't like pain much.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya W View Post
    You know I got into an argument with my teacher about that.
    why would you argue with your teacher?? You have to understand, teachers have been doing this a lot longer than you have been training. I am living proof that waxing/exfoliating damages the growth of hairs. I used to have very bushy eyebrows, if you look at my avatar, what you see is what you get, they also have pencil colour on them to give them depth, basically that's all that grows now. I do have other pictures to compare them and you can see a huge difference. This was over a few years and it depends on the cycle of the hair. If the root is black, it's dead, no damage to the follicle, if it's white, there's a chance you've started some damage. Listen to your teacher, they have many years of experience.
    Administrator

All the girls that I've been with didn't seem to mind me being shaved all over. They seemed to enjoy it. Most of them didn't seem shocked or curious as to why at all.

I can't wait to get one i'm tired of shaving :P
    haha my girlfriend actually really likes smooth legs as well ^^
    when I was first coming out to her about things I believe that it was one of the things she enjoyed more than not c:

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I started getting my back and chest waxed this summer. It smarts a bit having it done, but I like the result. My wife is good with getting the back waxed, but does not seem to love the chest wax. . .

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yes, epilators do hurt--ALOT, but after the first couple of times, it gets much better, but keep up on it, waiting more than a week or 10 days just makes it that much harder and more painful.
    I get much better results and can do it both more thorough and quicker (cept for the 'landing strip' it's nose to toes) if i go every 4 days.

My GF/SO noticed the lack of body hair early on before i'd come out to her (we'd only dated for a couple weeks), and she commented on how i should let it grow.
    It's been a yr now and she has said numerous times that she'd never be able to handle any body hair on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Lynn View Post
    she commented on how i should let it grow. It's been a year now and she has said numerous times that she'd never be able to handle any body hair on me.
    I really don't get how girls like all the hair on their guys. Yuck...

I can't ever imagine having to let all my hair grow in. I let the hair on my legs grow out a little bit from time to time...but chest, back, under arms and "down there" are always kept shaved.

Silver Member
    Having done my brows for decades I can tell you that eventually it quits growing. Tamara is correct also about the thickness. Several years ago I saw a science article about it.

Banned Read only
    You know she is going to become suspicious that you are moving more toward being more girly, are you going to tell her you are a cd, how will she handle it?