Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running workout with a bra and panties beneath sport clothes

Like a lot of the gurls posting I tend to wear a sports bra. I have barely an A cup to support, but something about the snug fit really makes me feel ready for some exercise.
    On the other hand, I mostly still wear full length track pants. I'm looking forward to feeling comfortable and femme enough that even when I'm not wearing makeup (which I would never do before a run!) I could wear some shorts... Lord knows my legs could use the color!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I've got to say the first time I got the nerve to go do my power walk in the park in my girly shorts and racer back top was just amazing. No makeup just me feeling free. I put on a ball cap and just went about it for 30 or so minutes. Passed a few people but no one really cared. It was great, still get a little nervous but have done it many times

Hi all, finally: today my first sports bra arrived. I immediately tried it on and wooooow, it fits and feels great. I cant workout today, but i am going out for my workout run tommorow. Here are a few pics of my first sports bra. I really love the color, the fit and the way it feels and supports. Please let me know what you think of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do palates with my wife every other day. With bra, tee, leggings and flats. Yes its wonderful. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I've been thinking about trying Yoga
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow looks great love my sports bras, wouldn't workout without one

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Marie View Post
    As for knee problems, I believe that as long as you run properly with a good stride, there will be no problems with knees. To the contrary, running properly can strengthen bones and joints. A few years ago I had arthritus in my knees. Last year I had a fall at work and injured one of my knees. The x-ray of my knee showed that the arthritus had disapeared, and I've not had any pain in my knees for a couple of years.
    Very much this. When I was much heavier, there were days I couldn't get out of bed without my knees hurting. Some 100 pounds later (and lighter) I'm now running and have no issues with the knees. Run right, run smart, and you'll be fine.

Knees getting better!

Count me in on the "running improves knees" camp. My knees had been getting progressively worse after years of inactivity. By last spring it had gotten to the point I experienced knee pain going up or down a single flight of stairs. So this summer I determined to do something about it. I used the Couch to 5K program and started walking and running 3 days a week. Now I can run 3.5 miles without stopping and without pain. Last week I carried supplies up and down stairs for a meeting. Three tall stories, full up-n-down circuit 6-7 times, no pain. Yay!

Here's a short review of a Stanford study on aging runners' knees. Stanford study. It says the same thing that others have reported in this thread.

For my own running attire, I've been wearing panties under guy shorts or tights and women's tanks with built-in shelf bra under a men's t-shirt. Finally got up the courage to run in more form fitting attire (I have a somewhat feminine form), and have now gone out in women's shorts, sports bra, and tighter fitting women's singlet. All I can say is, "Wow! What a difference!" I love the closer fit with less raw fabric flapping around, the clothes feel and move like they should, and I feel much more "on display." Since women are constantly looked at in casual social situations while most men are not, me feeling more "on display" enhances my sense of feeling feminine.

~Rachel
    Last edited by makin' it real; 10-30-2013 at 01:47 AM.

<-- wears some form of bra everyday and its been almost 4 decades since I last wore "tightie-whities". I had a nurse tell me waaay back in my pre-transition days that if you can jump up and down in front of a mirror and see the flesh move on your chest, you need a bra. Doesn't matter if your a man or woman. Hence, I wear a sports bra out in the barn every morning and afternoon and yes that means I have to wear 2 or sometimes 3 bras a day - sports bra in the morning, shower then a "day" bra till the next barn chores so back into a sports bra, then I usually put on a clean one after coming in just to feel fresh...

At my age, I don't run unless someone is chasing me and they would have to be bigger than me or have a weapon for that to happen.

I have walked in a bra and panties and I have walked dressed (as a female) a time or two. I suppose if you need a bra, it would be a good idea to wear one while running. A good sports bra would be best. Keep in mind that if you sweat, it will probably make the fact that you are wearing a bra more obvious so be prepared to answer questions.
    Last edited by linda allen; 10-30-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I usually wear a sport bra, panties and women's shorts when i walk, in the winter i change over to thermal leggins with yoga pants.

Platinum Member
    Hi Cindi, That sure keeps the GIRLS from jumping around.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Never could get into running, but I bike often... on my fantastically 80's pink and yellow bike. Usually I'm wearing short shorts over 1" or 3" compression shorts and a T shirt. Since it's colder, today was yoga pants and and thin white jacket. This summer I had on a pair of purple Tempo shorts, and got a wave and thumbs-up from a girl on the back of a motorcycle. Been hollered at a couple times from a distance as well, and once while resting, had someone walk by and say they wished they could pull off the look. Things like that make you feel good.

Never have worn a sports bra though. Simply no reason for me to... there's nothing there to hold.

There's a local guy who's out almost every day on the local trail wearing a hot pink shirt and light pink skirt. Major props to him for doing what he likes.

Here's what I workout in on occasion, minus the makeup usually
    Attached Images Attached Images

I play golf in bra and panties quite often but always make sure the golf shirt I'm wearing is not sheer enough to see through as my golfing partners don't know. I would so love to play in a nice golf skirt and top like you see the LPGA players playing in I must say when it's hot and I'm wearing shorts that I always wear a thong as it feels so good when the air comes up my shorts and my butt cheeks are free. It's fun and so far the guys haven't noticed the bra....

I always do my daily workout in sports bra and running shorts, also add earrings.

I must be wearing my bra wrong, it never hurts my knees!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy111 View Post
    I must be wearing my bra wrong, it never hurts my knees!!!
    Crossdressing takes a while.

Jogging in girly workout clothes

Count me in too. Most of my jogging workout gear is from the women’s side of the aisle such as polyester tees with cap sleeves & polyester and spandex racer back tanks in bright colors, Built-in Bras in tanks deliver comfortable and secure support with being obvious, 100% polyester shorts with 4 inch inseam & encapsulated neon trim are very wearable. I have compression fabric shorts and Capri s that are very form fitting. I have a half zip pullover in bright red and a grey girls hoodie. Low rise panties and a seamless low impact racerback sports bras work best for non-discovery, this women's I even have one Marika performance sports bra with molded cups when I want to try some curves. You can double layer your tees and tanks to cover the sports bra if you desire a more stealthy mode. Knowing glances, stares, smirks and smiles from the female joggers are an extra bonus. Marshalls is a great place to buy on discount http://www.flickr.com/photos/34441531@N02/10633879756/

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CindyCross View Post
    Hi all, finally: today my first sports bra arrived. I immediately tried it on and wooooow, it fits and feels great. I cant workout today, but i am going out for my workout run tommorow. Here are a few pics of my first sports bra. I really love the color, the fit and the way it feels and supports. Please let me know what you think of it.
    Looks like the cups are too big.

Today I finally got the change to wear my sports bra for the first time while jogging. It felt really great and free. The feeling of support by the bra is wonderfull. I felt really great. I wore it unther my tight sport shirt. You could see it really well but it was cold and rainy so I had to wear a sport jacket as well. It was to cold to take off the coat on some parts of my running track. I cant wait till it is spring again and take of my coat on some parts of the track.

I usually wear womens track and field uniforms while jogging on countryside roads: racer back long tops with builtin shelf bra or separate sports bra, and matching snug-fitting "boycut" shorts or more modest split shorts. When the weather is too cool for such uniforms, a sleeveless speedsuit or leotard under sweatshirt and pants. I tried once running briefs (also called "bun huggers") for a dash on a secluded road, and loved the feeling of the wind across my hips. I bought a pink/red running skirt while high on pink fog, can't wait next summer to wear it !
    Last edited by freeindress; 11-11-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Generally I wear nylon briefs underneath my wind pants. Haven't tried a sports bra yet but they do look comfy. With the cool weather here I can wear a sweatshirt so I think I'll try a sports bra with it