Thread: St Louis or Bust

St Louis or Bust

I have made the decision to finally go past that stupid door jamb, now I think I'm nervous. I did my research and decided I am going to St. Louis for the night to get out of my own back yard. November 2, that is less then a month away and I'm getting excited and scared all at once. My mind is going crazy with what to wear? I need an outfit to drive in and get makeup done, another for dinner, then what do I wear to the night club? What else could I worry about? Any advise, help, nerve calming advise, that anyone can offer would be great. I do know in my mind that as soon as I'm there I will have a blast but that first step is the hardest.
    Explain to me why I can't live in both worlds? ....... Well your rules are stupid!

Are you looking for club atmosphere or a place to hang and chat with others? Just pull the trigger and get out there. Yes, I understand the fear of your first time out but it does get easier. Dress to blend and it will make it a lot easier as you wont draw attention to yourself. Korner's down in the City isn't a bad place to go for your first time out. You'll be all nervous if this is your first time so takes things slow and get use to the feeling. Who knows, maybe you'll inspire me to go out for an evening and see some old friends down there.

Kelly

You are worrying about too many situations.
    Pick one thing and then dress accordingly.
    Do the others separately until you get the act perfect.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Advice? Enjoy the rush and the excitement. You have three weeks to plan your evening. Take your time and don't forget to breath

Good luck...I'm getting to the point where I'd consider dressing up and going driving...maybe getting gas at the pump. It doesn't hurt that my new car has tinted windows either though...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice_CD View Post
    Are you looking for club atmosphere or a place to hang and chat with others? Just pull the trigger and get out there. Yes, I understand the fear of your first time out but it does get easier. Dress to blend and it will make it a lot easier as you wont draw attention to yourself. Korner's down in the City isn't a bad place to go for your first time out. You'll be all nervous if this is your first time so takes things slow and get use to the feeling. Who knows, maybe you'll inspire me to go out for an evening and see some old friends down there.

Kelly
    Kelly, thank you for the calming words. I am going to an area called The Grove, that I have been told is very open.
    Explain to me why I can't live in both worlds? ....... Well your rules are stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    You are worrying about too many situations.
    Pick one thing and then dress accordingly.
    Do the others separately until you get the act perfect.
    Thats the sad part, I know I am but my mind is racing with first time jitters.

Platinum Member
    H Amie, Crorrdressers are like belly buttons there are innies and there are outties
    , it sounds like you are about to become an outtie.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    H Amie, Crorrdressers are like belly buttons there are innies and there are outties
    , it sounds like you are about to become an outtie.
    Getting ready to pop out, but the unknown is a little scary.

If by The Grove you mean Manchester Ave between S Boyle Ave and S Sarah St, then you've got the right place. There are all kinds of LGBT Clubs including Atomic Cowboy, Novak's, Just John, and Attitudes.

Look them up on Google map.

People dress pretty casually except for the Drag Queens. We've been to Novak's a lot (lesbian bar), and you'll see more blue jeans than anything else.

So if you want to dress up but not go too overboard, I'd wear a simple black dress for all your events. Dress it down for the drive and makeover by wearing a sweater, casual shoes and no jewelry, and if you wish you can dress it up with pumps, jewelry and a nice purse in the evening for dinner and the club.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.ruelala.com/blog/wp-conte...-Day-Night.jpg

http://www.thelittlestylefile.com/wp...x%E2%80%9D.jpg

Have fun!
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    If by The Grove you mean Manchester Ave between S Boyle Ave and S Sarah St, then you've got the right place. There are all kinds of LGBT Clubs including Atomic Cowboy, Novak's, Just John, and Attitudes.

Look them up on Google map.

People dress pretty casually except for the Drag Queens. We've been to Novak's a lot (lesbian bar), and you'll see more blue jeans than anything else.

So if you want to dress up but not go too overboard, I'd wear a simple black dress for all your events. Dress it down for the drive and makeover by wearing a sweater, casual shoes and no jewelry, and if you wish you can dress it up with pumps, jewelry and a nice purse in the evening for dinner and the club.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.ruelala.com/blog/wp-conte...-Day-Night.jpg

http://www.thelittlestylefile.com/wp...x%E2%80%9D.jpg

Have fun!
    Renie, that is exactly where I'm going. I looked into Attitudes and think that is where I wanted to try. Having you suggest what I was thinking does make me feel better. Thank you.

I live in Kansas City, but will be in St Louis next week if you want to adjust your date. I have gone out many times alone, but its always easier with someone else. There are many great places to go. Some of the "easiest" are in the Grove section of town (gay) Just Johns is one of my fav. They have Karoake and its alos a great place to just visit. I wear whatever I feel like that night. Jeans, casual skirt, dress. Most people will generally be out in jeans, but a casual skirt always fits in and you feel so much more feminine. Your gonna havea blast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Quote Originally Posted by Allesandra Rhodes View Post
    Advice? Enjoy the rush and the excitement. You have three weeks to plan your evening. Take your time and don't forget to breath
    Quote Originally Posted by somekyguy View Post
    Good luck...I'm getting to the point where I'd consider dressing up and going driving...maybe getting gas at the pump. It doesn't hurt that my new car has tinted windows either though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceri Anne View Post
    I live in Kansas City, but will be in St Louis next week if you want to adjust your date. I have gone out many times alone, but its always easier with someone else. There are many great places to go. Some of the "easiest" are in the Grove section of town (gay) Just Johns is one of my fav. They have Karoake and its alos a great place to just visit. I wear whatever I feel like that night. Jeans, casual skirt, dress. Most people will generally be out in jeans, but a casual skirt always fits in and you feel so much more feminine. Your gonna havea blast.
    Thanks for the invite ceri Anne, but I'm fixed on the November 2 with everything. I do appreciate the insight though. The more I read of this being a fun and safe place and closer it gets, the more excited I become.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    You're passing up an invite to go out with Ceri Anne? Going out with another girl cuts your fear factor and nervousness in half. I'd jump at the chance. Going out alone the first time would have petrified me. I'm amazed you're even considering it!

Quote Originally Posted by Allesandra Rhodes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by somekyguy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    You're passing up an invite to go out with Ceri Anne? Going out with another girl cuts your fear factor and nervousness in half. I'd jump at the chance. Going out alone the first time would have petrified me. I'm amazed you're even considering it!
    A gg friend is going with me and between our schedules this is how it falls :-(. Believe me I was happy to get the invite and still hope I get to meet a fellow sister before its over.