Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Ladies' Room Conversation Ever?

Great story, especially this bit: "Honey, I'm a boy. Being married to a woman is pretty easy for us!"

Platinum Member
    Hi Bree, You don't suppose that she was a natural blonde do you.
    It sure sounds like she was.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Bree that is a story we all wish we could tell. I bet it felt absolutely wonderful to be looked at as a female. She sounds like a very nice person. If we all had wonderful experiences like that things would be great.
    Oh by the way you look wonderful in your $8.00 dress. Super bargain.
    Erica

I'm glad I could give out a few laughs!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (Oz) View Post
    Lovly story Bree. Out of interest how male is your voice?
    I think my voice is very male but I try pretty hard to keep it out of my normal register. I like to think I can make 50% of people guess at 10 feet but if I open my mouth it's all over. Maybe it's not quite that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Requal Jo View Post
    Does the mean that the younger generation are becoming more understanding and accepting?
    I think so, but it's certainly still a mixed bag. You've almost always gotta play it by ear and let the circumstances dictate. There's no way this conversation would have gone the way it did without me getting a pretty good idea of how she'd react based on her questions and body language.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post

We all tend to go straight to that assumption in these situations, but frequently we jump the gun. Personally, I've worked on not jumping to that assumption, I don't acknowledge it unless they say it point blank.
    Agreed, but this opportunity was too good to pass up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    Bree,

That was great. I guess that means you got it all. A great dress, personality, and passability.

Congratulations! You've graduated from Crossdressers high school.
    Was that the final exam? I'm not sure I'm ready to graduate! I'm pretty sure I'm still acting like a teenager because of how new this still is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robynts View Post
    I expect a barrage of slings and arrows . . . . . but it had to be a blonde!
    No comment!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    What a story, Bree! I doubt I'd do as well if suddenly approached by another girl in the ladies' room like that...I may have a good femme voice but I'd probably be too flustered and nervous to answer as well as you did!

I also have to give the girl full marks for not immediately running off screaming, "There's a MAN in a DRESS in the ladies' room!" She seemed to take it in stride. Perhaps one day that girl will be in a conversation with some woman who says, "Hmph! I wouldn't want any of those MEN pretending to be women in OUR restrooms!" and she can tell her, "Oh, I ran into one once. He, or she, wasn't being a perv or anything. She looked nice and was very polite, in fact. It was no big deal, really."

And one more thing...you found that dress for eight dollars? Yep, you're a woman, all right.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I'm guessing that gal was a bit of a bubble head Bree.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    Perhaps one day that girl will be in a conversation with some woman who says, "Hmph! I wouldn't want any of those MEN pretending to be women in OUR restrooms!" and she can tell her, "Oh, I ran into one once. He, or she, wasn't being a perv or anything. She looked nice and was very polite, in fact. It was no big deal, really."
    Amy, you're so right. That would be the ideal result. Even if she left saying "we can't be friends" I think I did OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Robynts View Post
    I expect a barrage of slings and arrows . . . . . but it had to be a blonde!
    I don't get it...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

very funny story bree! you probably could of sold her a bridge while you were talking to her.
    sounded like you were talking to my ex, but you did say she was in her 20's...
    paula

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    Amy, you're so right. That would be the ideal result. Even if she left saying "we can't be friends" I think I did OK.
    Oh, that was just her being jealous over the great deal you got on the dress. And I don't blame her!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Funny story! I'm always kind of amazed by how nice the girls are in the restrooms!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

wow...it is a great dress!

Sound like a great interaction! And that is an amazing dress!
    I love good will ! Find a lot of great stuff there for very little money

Too awesome; your posts inspire me. Maybe one day I'll be at a place in my life to venture out. I'm just not quite there yet. Great story and great find with the outfit.

Banned Read only
    Great conversation.

Of course, it's all from memory, but we get the gist of it all, even if it has been a little "romanticed".

Great conversation, but I don't think that I would be up to "breaking the fourth wall" as you did. I never assume that I've been "made" for the reason that Persephone stated above, there's still a very good chance that I haven't! In a bathroom/dressing room situation especially I don't want a GG possibly freaking out over the discovery!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Great dress and great story.You come across as a laid-back, fun, cool chick Bree!Rock on!

Good story Bree! I quite enjoyed it!
    Di

Quote Originally Posted by secretlyme View Post
    Too awesome; your posts inspire me. Maybe one day I'll be at a place in my life to venture out. I'm just not quite there yet. Great story and great find with the outfit.
    Thanks Secretlyme, I hope you get what your heart desires sometime. It always warms my heart to hear that I'm an inspiration, because I sure don't see myself that way. I stand on the shoulders of giants...

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    In a bathroom/dressing room situation especially I don't want a GG possibly freaking out over the discovery!
    Oh absolutely not! It sucks when that happen. It has only happened to me once where just walking into a dressing room a woman lost it and ran away. I felt awful and went scurrying home and I hadn't even said a word. This time was a matter of just reading the situation and having a pretty good inkling that it'd be OK. I'd never want to incite anything or make anyone else feel intentional discomfort in a situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gautier_nikolai View Post
    Great dress and great story.You come across as a laid-back, fun, cool chick Bree!Rock on!
    Yes, yes I am. Thanks for pointing it out.

I keep thinking about it from the GG's side of it.

No offense intended Bree, because you looked wonderful, but was she wearing "beer glasses"?

Can you see her going back to her table and telling her GFs, "I met this woman in the ladies room who was wearing a beautiful long dress. She didn't even want to tell me where she got it, because she said Goodwill. She she told me she was married to a woman. I figured that she was lez, but she insisted she was really a dude. I'll believe that when pigs can fly."
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    ...I don't want a GG possibly freaking out over the discovery!
    Oh absolutely not! It sucks when that happen. It has only happened to me once where just walking into a dressing room a woman lost it and ran away.
    Unless you were really doing the "bloke in a dress" thing it is unlikely that she ran away simply by looking at you. If that were the case she'd be running away from a lot of GGs because quite a few have masculine features. There was probably something else going on with that individual.

Last Monday I was in a Dress Barn trying on clothes. The dressing rooms open to a common area and it is normal for several women to be there looking at each other's selections. I was asked my opinion on clothes and even asked for assistance with zippers. One lady whose skirt I critiqued headed back to her dressing room and nonchalantly unzipped the skirt on the way to the door. If this 6'2" lady with rather angular features caused her any concern she did a great job of hiding it!

I think that the biggest hurdle we have with this thing we call "passing" is simply accepting ourselves as women. GGs have no problem with this because they know in their heart of hearts that they are. We aren't quite so lucky, but the attitude can be learned.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Well said Eryn. I have had similar experiences in the dressing room and take the same attitude.

Unless you were really doing the "bloke in a dress" thing it is unlikely that she ran away simply by looking at you. If that were the case she'd be running away from a lot of GGs because quite a few have masculine features. There was probably something else going on with that individual.
    There certainly could have been something going on with her. I don't think I was doing a 'bloke in a dress' thing, though I wasn't nearly as practiced as I am today. The woman started to say "What do you think of this?" and it turned into "Are you a man?" as she ran back into her stall. All of that was from 10-15 feet away without me saying a word. I wrote about it last year here and it includes the visual evidence.

Things have sure been better recently and what you said about accepting ourselves and the attitude that shows on our faces is the most important part. A big smile goes a long way in every situation.

-Bree

I went out in public for the first time Monday night and I was scared to death. It wasn't anything major, just drove around and then noticed I needed to get gas, and had to stop and get out. I was so nervous someone was going to say something but was not even noticed or at least nobody said anything. I am hoping to get to where you all are one day. You all inspire me and I am so thankful for this site.

Bree

I looked back at the older post and there is quite a diference. If you don't mind my asking, what do you do to get such a cute, feminine look now?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.