Thread: Being Different

Being Different

I am different from most people, and there is a social cost with that. Being a cross-dresser often feels lonely. Sure, I have friends, and most people who know remain polite, but there is a certain distance they seem to keep from me. Likewise, sometimes I find it hard to relate to the vanillas, who often seem incredibly boring (or perhaps they are just hiding something?)

Several years ago I was almost back in the closet, but living in shame and secrecy felt unacceptable. I am proud of who I am, and try to live with integrity. Being my own flavor of trans allows me to meet and relate to people who are interesting in their own way. Being different lets me explore things that don’t always make sense to other people.

Maybe it’s karma. Maybe I’m just crazy. Or, maybe it’s some kind of advantage?

So, I may not be running for office anytime soon, but life is too short to live it all in fear and denial. Some things were easier when I kept part of me hidden from the world, but I never felt fully alive, either.

For me, that is no way to live.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Where I am and live , we're all different. That's the beauty in the human spirit.

You're from Texas, all I keep thinking is that bumper sticker Keep Austin Weird. To me, that's humanity in it's raw form. Cherish every bit of it.

Think were singing from the same song sheet tonight luv.
    We posted threads at the same time, both along the same lines.

Feel ya.
    Samantha -x-

Ashley, it's okay to be different, and I'm really happy you're proud of who you are. Being a CD or trans is definitely more interesting than the plain vanilla many people are. I really admire your courage to be true to yourself and to be out and about with who you really are.

"I may not be running for office anytime soon"...good that means you're honest and have integrity

Btw, I really like your signature, it's a classic!!!
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Ashley,
    You do have to find the right balance, I hope you do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Ashley I do know what you mean mine has been so up an down thru the years, my wife was aware when we married and seemed ok with it than she got tied of Heather which was the name I used back then.
    I purged and stopped for a time then I just started again recently and now I seem deep into my CDing again and I can't tell my wife about this place for fear it would be over for us. So yes I understand hang in there.

There is some value in being alone or limiting yourself to quality friends. You can do what you want without people making demands that only serve their own needs... It gives you space to figure out who you are and it is okay to be different. The most important part is not to care much what anyone else thinks as long as you feel good.
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    Ashley you're beautifully feminine and so glad you are enjoying this gift and not tucking it away (then there's the other tucking). Michelle789 said it very nicely. Wish you could find another CD or GG to enjoy your gift with and not feel alone, then you would really feel alive; and loved. If you find this person imagine all the good times the two of you could share such as shopping in fem., travel, daily stuff, being intimate with this person emotionally as well as ?????? I sincerely hope you find that person and you can become the happy person you deserve to be.

Why be normal? Always loved that bumper sticker.

It's good to be different Hon. Whether I CD or not, I refuse to fit into someone's neat little "box".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Ashley, life is indeed short...too short to spend it hiding from others or yourself. Sure we are different and maybe crazy in some people's eyes. I prefer being seen differently to those years of hiding, self loathing and shame.

Ashley
    I applaud you not hiding. It does feel so much better being out. I have come out to my wife, several friends and my mother a d sister in the last 6 months. I would be totally out but my wife is not ready for that. I want to respect her wishes but I do wish I could just be me period. That will just have to wait. I hope you find all the happiness and acceptance you deserve.
    Huge
    Suzanne