Many of us take a lot of time and effort to look nice en femme but who is it for really? My wife had asked me this question years ago along with: "Are you trying to attract a man?" My answer was "no" but now I'm not quite so sure. Especially those of us who have SO's, just who are we dressing for? Evidently not the SO, as they more or less prefer us as a man. Could it be ourselves? If that is the case, what do we get out of it? Which was another question my wife asked those many years ago and I honestly had no answer then. For myself, I can answer now that the dressing was a vehicle that helped me to get in touch with my feelings but now it's just pure choice.

Another possibility is that, even if we don't want to attract someone per se, we do enjoy the admiration and adulation we are given by others for presenting as a good looking woman. All in all, I just chalk it off as part of the "CD mystique" in that we are not sure what the drive is but just go with the flow and enjoy it. What are your thoughts on this?