Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking nice for who?

I have tied to think of all the reasons why I dress and I have come to the conclusion that it is definitely not to attract or impress anyone , it is simply for myself because I enjoy it ( to much hard work to dress to impress, just haven't got the time). OK you have noticed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I try to look as nice as I can for several reasons: 1) I like how I look; 2) I do not want to be a parody of a woman; I want to be treated as a lady; 4) I do enjoy having others notice when I am "looking good"; 5) I enjoy receiving compliments.
    Hugs, Carole

I dress for myself mainly, I just love the feeling of wearing girly clothes, of course getting noticed/compliments is always nice!

I dress to please myself.

To me that means taking the time to pick out an outfit that I feel will look nice on me. This includes choosing the appropriate accessories and proper makeup.

Except for Halloween I have not been outside but it is very important to me to dress nice.

My wife does not mind when I dress. I enjoy when I pick out an outfit and treasure the occasional compliments she gives me.

whom?..... and who said I'm trying to look nice..... just trying to look feminine.... not necessarily nice.... or nicer than male..... just different..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Evem though my wife accepts my dressing I do not dress for her, as she usually stays else where on the house.. It is for myself and to feel good about my female person. When I go out I consider how others will see me, but my view of myself is the standard I seek. If I do nt feel good about how I look I will not go out that day/evening. In rare situations I might start over, but that is rare.

GG
    I can't imagine many horny teenage boys stand in their bedrooms thinking "I know, I'll get all those gorgeous girls to want me by dressing exactly like them." Yeah, I think not. Even horny teens realize that straight girls want boys who look like boys. My guess is they have only one person in mind when they dress and he/she is in the mirror, lol.

And I have asked my H the same question in the past and he says the same as most here. He's the only guy he's trying to impress. Apparently he can see a model/goddess/bimbo/princess in the mirror. I beg to differ, but whatever works, lol

My SO finds it an incredible turn on and see's a completely different person when I'm fully made up and dressed. I see the difference as well. I do it for me, but when I know she will be present I do take extra time to look as good as I possibly can for her. As if I were going out in public, I want to look my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I just want to look as nice as the next girl, and I think you do too.
    I agree with Bev on this one.
    Live and let dress.

Banned Read only
    I think I want to look "nice" for the same reason as my wife when she goes out with friends or when we go out together. When with friends, she is not trying to attract men but she has pride in her appearance. When we go out together, she still has pride in her appearance and I am sure she wants to look nice for me as well. I am no different when I am in girl mode. As odd as it is writing this, I want her to be proud of girl-me when she is out with me. I am certainly not trying to attract men nor women when I am dressed, but I do take pride in my appearance.

Usually for myself, but when I dress for a man I am always more focused on the details and the results are always much better

Platinum Member
    If I were seeking admiration and adulation, this wouldn't be the way to get it. I do have to feel I'm presentable, so as to not be blatantly and grossly obvious as a male in women's clothing. That isn't an effort to attract, but a rather an effort not to repulse.

In my particular case I'm dressing to look good for myself, to fulfill my fantasy deep inside of me to became a Beautiful dream girl

Banned Read only
    I like to dress for the admiration of it, from myself and others. It's also a very nice feeling when someone offers to open a door or other nice things for you. Just like I would for a woman that I find attractive.

Thanks for all the responses and comments so far. It would seem that many dress for themselves and only for themselves. In that case, the logical question to follow is: " Does that mean that you are taking valuable time away from spending time with your SO?" But that's perhaps a question for another discussion.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I think I have two answers. When I am by myself I dress simply to enjoy the feeling that goes along with feeling female. For example, as I sit here tonight I have on only the basics - bra, forms, T-shirt, minimum jewelry and a little eye makeup. I am simply enjoying being me. Next week I have a date. I will do everything within my skill set to be the most beautiful and alluring woman possible. So, the real answer is that it just depends. I think most gg's would agree.

Its a convoluted mess it is....in the beginning...

I dressed for myself as the clothes were exciting (well before being a turn on). Later, I dressed because they (girls clothes) looked good on me. Mid teens I dressed because it "felt right". Late teens, they began to excited me again (this time as a turn on). In college, I dressed because they excited her (girlfriend) as a turn on (if they turned me on, then she was all for it). This continued into marriage with the added twist that she didn't want to be seen with a "guy in a dress" (not that I ever looked like one) so she insisted I always look and present my best. When I transitioned they (womens clothes) became normal wear. Now, they are back to the "they just feel right" stage....

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    Even if you're never going to leave home, most of us want to do it "right." The GG's most of us I know look great regardless of how they feel about their appearance, and that inspires me. I have no idea what I'm doing and know that I probably look awful, but still I want to do this right for no other reason than pride in knowing I did my best.

I'm happy being me.....warts and all (....as they say).

I can pass reasonably well in many situations, and if people figure me out, they'll just assume I'm transgender.....which is perfectly fine with me.

Regardless of who (or whom) I am looking nice for, I've always felt that it's worth doing well with my best efforts.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Makeup addict!
    I'm dressing for me. I'm trying to look like a pretty girl because that's what I want to do

At this point I dress for me...it feels right and has a calming effect,I like what I see in the mirror (from the neck down).I may never reach the level of confidence and beauty so many here have but there is always hope.

I dress for myself. But I would also like to dress for someone like me too!
    I sometimes think I'm such a fairy

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Does that mean that you are taking valuable time away from spending time with your SO?
    Yes, it does. But lots of people do things they don't do with their spouses because they simply have different interests. As long as you don't overdo it, it's fine.

It's the clothes...