Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking nice for who?

Here from time to time
    My wife once asked why I dressed up and my response was "it makes me feel good". She understood and supported me, helping me with clothes, make up, the whole sha-bang. I'm fortunate to have someone who feels that everyone deserves to feel good.

Depends..Bangalore, Delhi, Wash DC, Kabul..
    surprisingly it never occurred to me..good thot !! But then reading thru the responses, most have the same reason..to dress for myself. Well, so do I... esp since i'm still closeted & not the bold kind to venture out.. However besides getting the satisfaction & thrill of seeing myself, i also get a kick out of 'showing-off' to others like us & get responses, gud or bad..but acknowledged as a lady !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Like many others, I too dress for myself. I always loved 'girl' clothes and wore them whenever possible. Now I wear them when I like - sometimes I try to present as a girl, sometimes I just go out as a guy but wearing a dress and heels. Always it's just because that's what I feel like doing, what I like and who I am.

Kate, I have never had an SO or wife, so, i guess, i dress for myself, mostly, but like to share my best photos all dolled up, and wish i could go out in public more, and present as a super tall well dressed lady, but lack the guts , or confidence to do that often. I do feel great when a man applauds my look, and would like to do what you do, go out and dance with some decent men, but the guy in me still has some reservations about it, as i am an intellectual, but emotional blue collar fishing guy, too. My abused past, and present abusive family has something to do with why i want to be a woman part time. It is still a bit of a mystery though.

I dress for me as I don't go out dressed up so I want to look good for me

I do it for myself , love all the cloths and especially the shoes! Love totally letting go of my male side for just a little while. Attention from guys is not my motivator but it is and indicator that I've done a good job and being checked out makes me feel pretty and sexy , but I don't think I would like to be flat out hit on. That would make me uncomfortable

More and more I'm reading that the dressing is more or less "escapism" for many from male duties and routine. I have to say, I'm honestly wondering just what is so bad about male duties and accomplishment of such? The "woman" in me has to ask this question more or less as devil's advocate for the SO's of CDers who really prefer having their man but tolerate the dressing. Men and women were meant to complement one another after all. The CD factor makes things interesting I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Jennifer and Nathalie have said it for me. Just like other girls, I want to present a well put-together look, as naturally as possible. If I am read, and someone thinks that I wear the clothes well, that's all the better! Interesting that my wife and I both ask each other's advice about how we look and what we should wear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

To borrow both from LeeR and Freddie, it is for myself, and is about tapping into some vast ocean of feminine energy, found within me. An indescribeable sense of comfort and subtle knowing follows immediately, and can linger subtly on the edge of awareness through even a whole day as long as dressed. And it goes away immediately following not being dressed.

A truly different state of being.

Kate

I have pondered this question myself. I can tell you besides my mom dressing me as a very small lad in dresses because she wanted a girl and dreamed I was a girl so I am told. Those days though I don't think I could possibly remember unless they are in my deepest psyche. My mom also let me play in her make up at an early age because she took a pic of me with lipstick on my mouth, face and hands and one of her ladies hats on sitting in front of big round mirro about age four or five. I dressed in my moms slips and girdles and panty hose when I was around 9-12 those times were all sneaky like. I began to notice how soft they were on my skiing and especially a certain part on me seemed to really enjoy that as it would grow faster than my knowledge of what was happening did. Around age twelve to fifteen I found out why when I dressed up in her undies I was supposed to do with that magical part and the first time was quite by accident I think this episode scared me as I had to hide those panties, (as I didn't know they could be cleaned of the gooey stuff). I was a fast learner though and realized I wanted more of this dressing so thus my first collection of discarded hose and smooth silky things began as did my teen years and college where I really discovered the feelings of being a man. Even after I was out of college I still had that desire to dress in the fine linens and feel the urges it gave me. This has lasted now off and on even till now. I am 64 and find myself aroused by dressing. Now the smells of lipstick, the softness of a pair of black lacey panties or a silky pair hose can get me to a tranquil place I was at with my childhood years. I really think I dress to please me. ( if ya get my drift). I am finding though that I am being more precise with the makeup, the dressing, and finding the things that molded my sexual appetite are some of the things I'm starting to dress as. Hope this didn't bore ya but ya did ask Kate.

No problem Jaylyn. As Kate mentioned, we do indeed tap into an ocean of feminine energies and feelings if we are in tune with it when we dress.)
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It seems that those that like to go out dressed must be doing it to attract men and your wives must be thinking the same thing. Maybe not on the conscious mind, but men are attracted to women and if you're trying to pass as a woman... Ricky's got some 'splainin' to do!

I dress for myself and for the camera and the outfits aren't always nice.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I dress for myself and no one else.
    When I want to feel attractive I'll slip into a nice dress or skirt and blouse with heels. When I feel casual I'll wear jeans and a cute top. I never dress to attract anyone, I simply dress as my mood dictates and strictly based on how I feel that moment.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Its the same answer when in male mode. Its to look good. It's not to attract attention, it is to fit in, to look nice. The problem is one of style, having none and no experience sometimes it is hard to separate what my mind thinks looks good and what is appropriate for a given situation.
    Chickie

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina is a joint project of us as a couple. The only time Tina visits alone is when my wife is out of the house or I am. Else it's girls night or Tina is here because I've got some detailed work to do and she's just better at that. Oh, the word 'for'requires whom regardless. See what I mean about Tina... hugs.

I do it for myself as I don't go out and will never really pass. And I know my wife really don't need it.And there is no way I really want a guy.
    Angie