Thread: A week of firsts - a long story I wanted to share

I'm where I want to be... maybe not where I deserve to be

A week of firsts - a long story I wanted to share

First of all, I'd better warn you; this story might be a little long (I love the sound of my own typing). But this tale is dedicated to everyone on this forum - if you post or not - and I hope you enjoy reading it

(if you're busy; scroll to the bottom for the abridged version!)

So, I just got back from a holiday to Kuala Lumpur. I did all the usual: saw the Petronas towers, did a bit of shopping, ate some tasty food. Oh yeah, I also had a couple of makeovers and went for a meal in a busy shopping mall and then clubbing en femme.

To put this into perspective: Before Monday, I had always avoided people dressed up - I'd stay at home or take ninja femme drives wearing big coats and sunglasses to hide myself away. By Saturday night I was dancing, chatting, laughing and posing for (so many) photos in a packed bar without a care in the world.

It all started months ago: I wanted to go to KL - I'd never been - and curiosity led me to do a Google search for 'crossdress makeover Kuala Lumpur' and; what do you know? Such a service existed. Weeks passed as I pondered - dare I? Should I? Until one evening I thought 'screw it - one life and all that' and fired off an email. Got a reply. Set up an appointment. The following weeks passed like ketchup out a glass bottle (i.e. time didn't exactly fly by).

Finally Monday arrived. The first thing Angie (my 'helper' - I was the star she helped me with my starly needs) did was take me for a meal. This was perfect - we chatted, I relaxed. We went to the studio. 3 hours later I look amazing. Like, I never thought I could look this good amazing.

Monday finishes and I want more. It turns out that Angie is having her birthday party on Saturday. Would I like to come? Meal? Clubbing? Dressed up? Yes please!

Saturday came and Angie worked her magic and I looked great (even in a bright pink number I would never have picked for myself) and off we (and a few others) went. I was a little worried about strolling through the mall when we arrived (the restaurant was waaay inside) but - how about that? - no one's staring, laughing, reacting - just another day.

The bar was different. In the bar we were stars. We were with such an amazing group of people who only wanted to chat, drink and dance. Oh, and take copious photos.

On the way back from the bar I was a little sad that the experience was coming to an end, but what really struck me was how normal, how comfortable everything had been. That is normal and comfortable for me as well as everyone I met. No drama, no panic attacks, no throwing of glasses, nothing.

So anyway, I said at the top that this tale is dedicated to everyone on this forum. I don't think I would ever have got the courage to do something like this without reading about the day to day stuff of people on here. So thanks everyone!

I know I've rabbited on (and on and on) but I really wanted to express what an incredible experience I've just had - I had to share it with you all - basically because you should all feel fairly pleased with yourselves that you made this (long and boring) story happen

Short version:
    Someone goes to KL gets 2 makeovers. Becomes pretty girl. Has a whale of a time. Writes a long self-indulgent story. Thanks everyone on the forum. The end.

Was not a long post and thanks for sharing it

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for an interesting story.

I get the part about going out and experiencing freedom, but doing it in a foreign country would not be my first choice given the different laws, politics etc. Really neat story though to get past your ferars and really nice to be invited out. That's one thing I really like about Halloween parties you can relax and just enjoy the experience. I always have something positive to remember when I do it.
    Chickie

Beth,
    You did it and that is all that matters.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Beth ... and encouraging others who might want to experience coming out.

Sounds like a wonderful time. I read the short version first - went back and read the expanded read and wished I could have done the same - life's too short not to experience it..............................Debra

Awesome, Beth! What a wonderful adventure!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

A week in the life of Beth,,, sounds totally awesome. Glad you had a great time. Michelle
    Life,s a beach; so sit down, kick your (high) heels off, and pour yourself a tall one

Gone to live my life
    Hi Beth. Great story and it sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing. I have to admit the "ninja femme drives" comment made me laugh to point I lost a good sip of wine all over my keyboard.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    I enjoyed both versions of the story. and it wasn't all that self-indulgent!

I'm where I want to be... maybe not where I deserve to be
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    doing it in a foreign country would not be my first choice given the different laws, politics etc.
    You're right, but I live full-time as an ex-pat so I have little choice in the matter - it also means I have some experience in getting the 'lay of the land' so to speak.

That being said, Angie gave me a lot of reassurance before Saturday came with regards to laws and culture and I was very surprised how easy she made being out and about sound considering I had read Malaysia is a conservative Muslim country - but it seems the younger generation in particular is a lot more open minded and tolerant there than many people from more 'liberal' countries.
    Last edited by beth_30; 10-08-2013 at 10:45 PM.