Thread: Am I a girl?

Am I a girl?

Hi ladies!

So, I've been dressing ever since I started walking...I always loved to do pretty much everything a girl does. When I look at a girl...at the same time that I'm very attracted to her, depending on the case obviously , I also keep imagining myself looking exactly like her..you know, having the same body she has. But no, I'm not a trans, I wouldn't consider that cause life could get difficult after a surgery like that and besides I got friends, family and all the shit. But still..sometimes I catch my self acting in a very feminine way, like for example, hand gestures wise. I even wish I could be a girl, but that's just impossible, I'll just keep showing my girl side through crossdressing...and still I'm fully happy and content guy. I mean...what do you gals think I am?

To be honest, only you can decide that. No one else can make that decision for you and it's up to you to realize that. Having surgery would be difficult but at the same time what isn't difficult? Living a "normal" life can be difficult and family and friends can stop talking to you for any reason they so choose. Since it's obvious that you don't consider yourself transgender, than that my friend will make you a crossdresser and neither are bad, just another part of life.

I think you are one of us! A cross dresser. You are a guy with a strong connection with your feminine side. Be who you want to be. If you are happy and content with that, then there is no reason to doubt. Be who you are, and don't let anyone else tell you who that is.

I can empathize with you on the looking at girls and liking them, and their clothes! In fact I'm certain that all of us here can.
    "Oh my God, I realized, it's not that we're screwed up; it's just that we've been trained to thnk so."
    ~Rick Novic, Alice in Genderland

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Dany, you may be like me...someone who has a "female side" to their soul, but who doesn't want to transition and lose their male half, but is happy presenting as either a man or as a woman. That's a good thing to be; you can appreciate experiences that normal cisgendered males couldn't even comprehend!

As for how to label that...you're definitely a crossdresser, but you could also claim the labels "bigendered" and "transgendered" if you wish. Or not, if you don't want to. But it's nothing to worry yourself about. Just be who you are, and be it in style!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Am I a girl?
    The last time I looked, no.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

@Beverley Be sure to double-check, stand on a mirror if you have to. When in doubt, consult a doctor

@DanyGirlie Unfortunately, no one can be told what and who you are. You have to see it for yourself. Also, even if you think that your cross-dressing urges and effeminate qualities are a result of a sex/gender 'misalignment', only you can decide if a social/legal/physical/etc. transition is something you want or need. For a lot of people, cross-dressing or a more 'androgynous' lifestyle is enough to (physically) express that part of their identity.

Gone to live my life
    Danny,

You sound like a cross dresser / bi-gender / gender fluid / transgender or one of a whole host of labels invented to explain what we do. In the end, it sounds like you have a feminine side which you like to express while dressed and/or not dressed (it is not uncommon as you blend the two halves in your life).

Have a read of a few threads from members here and you will soon see we all experience the same thing to some degree.

Hugs

Isha

Don't be in rush to apply a label to yourself. Each of us is an individual. We all fit on a wide range of gender orientation. You may not know for a long time where you fall on that continuum. For a long time I felt I was only a CD. I have realized that I may be more trans than I thought for many years. Still I probably will not move further on the road to transition.

Edy

DanyGirlie,
    You are what your name indicates. You're just like the rest of us. Don't try to label it. Best just to enjoy it, Girlie!
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Why ruin a good thing with a label? Just be yourself and have fun.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    You sound a lot like me. I'd love to be a guy for 3 days, then Tina for 3 days, then the guy...etc. I think I'm bi-gendered, but label notwithstanding, I love both of my genders and so enjoy going back and forth!

I'd say 75% of the time I'm 100% male. I'd never want to loose my male side but not my female side either.

There was a Arnold Schwarzenegger movie several years ago that got me to thinking. I don't recall the name but it was a movie set in the future and the people could go on a virtual vacation at this place and they tapped into your brain to where you thought you were actually there. You could be whoever and go where ever you wanted depending on the program they ran (I think Arnold took a vacation to Mars). I always thought that would be fantastic because you could be a beautiful woman for a day (or days) and do all the stuff women do and then "unplug" and go back to your old male self.

I know I'm a cross dresser and like you when I see a beautiful women I think about being her while at the same time imagine being with her. It gets confusing for sure but after over 40 years of actively dressing it starts to feel normal.