Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job en femme

Job en femme

I have been thinking lately about how awesome it would be to get a waitress job en femme. Anyone ever had an en femme job?

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Why does it have to be an en femme job? Its 2013, there's no woman's or man's jobs, there's just jobs.

Well what I really meant was do any of us crossdressers have a job in which they go to presenting as a woman?

Silver Member
    Are you just wanting a job were you can dress? Problem I see is that in most jobs were you will meet the public employers don't want to make customers uncomfortable. You might try telephone support or something that doesn't require customer interface. You could get a government job such as at the license bureau.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Well I wore a pink shirt to work today but it's in support of breast cancer, does that count. However if we are talking about a job that would be fun to have to wear the uniform would always like to work for Hooters. I think I've got the legs for those hot pants lol.

Really I would love to be able to be a waitress at a fancy restaurant where I can wear a sexy dress every night

Then go for it Julia. The worst they can do is say no.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaC View Post
    Really I would love to be able to be a waitress at a fancy restaurant where I can wear a sexy dress every night
    Ask any woman, it would get really old after a week...or even after the first day.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Well, in answer to your question, I have never had a job where I could go en femme. At least I do not think that I did. Since you have a specific goal in mind, do you have the necessary experience to even work as a waiter in a fancy restaurant? I ask because fancy restaurants want waiters and waitresses who compliment the style of the restaurant and know, or at least can learn fast, how to do their job without causing unnecessary problems for management. If you do have that kind of experience start looking for someplace where they might accept you as you want to be. That would probably be a place that is near the gay part of town in a big city, or one that is a little edgy and caters to a younger more liberal crowd. If you do not have the experience, than find some place to start.

There have been some recent and some older threads here where someone asked a similar question. There were some good replies and some with actual experience working en femme. Good luck.

Most upscale restaurants I've been to have a pretty demure outfit for male and female servers, actually! The sort of place where wait staff are supposed to be female and dress sexy as a feature of the place generally is frequented by heterosexual male patrons who wouldn't really appreciate you as much as you'd like; which would probably take a lot of the fun out of it tbh. I know GG's who have had their self esteem ripped up working in that sort of place so unless you are convinced you wouldn't get read (and judged)and don't mind being ignored 90% of the time, I'd avoid waitressing as a form of validation.

Otoh, what if you opened up a place where all the staff where crossdressed? That'd be something fresh and different! You could cross the dishes up a bit too - like 'dessert' for appetizers, deconstructed cocktails, funky ingredients in unusual dishes together, like this recipe I saw once for sea salt and chocolate sushi. It could be called 'sugar, spice and everything nice' - and all the dishes could fit that theme a bit of being sweet, sassy and a little outside the norm.

Okay, what city could we open a place like that in? And how many of you folks could we get working there?

You just described Lucky Cheng's supper club, which used to be in our neighborhood in the East Village of Manhattan. I hear they moved uptown for a swankier clientele. Wait staff all in high drag. Lotta bachelorette parties.

babeba
    there are 2 such restaurants in nyc and in other big cities around the world including japan.having owned a few restaurants in my time i have to tell anyone that it is hard work and as an owner /manager dealing with crossdressers/transgender would be like herding geese on top of everything else.
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

not sure about waitresses as i often see ggs in that role or greeting customers into the restaurant. and invariably i feel bad for them b/c, even if they feel fine with exposing themselves like that, i find it degrading. yes i know you'll say 'if you've got it flaunt it' and that may be fine for some girls out there but not for me. probably because we aspire to look great and sexy like them and yet we also know that they are put out there to feed the lions, i.e., on the cheap receiving end of lascivious guys' thoughts. have you noticed how much more common it is to find cute women greeting rather than guys? pretty sexist.
    now having a non-public job and presenting as a conservatively dressed woman with hose, skirt, comfortable 3 or 4" heels etc. yes would love to. everyday. please sign me up...

Banned Read only
    Have you ever tried being a waitress? It is not nearly as fun as you think it is. It is damn hard work for very little pay and benefits. I would not recommend it unless you have 3 or 4 little mouths to feed and have no other choice and really need money. I waited tables during college en femme. Guess what? It was just like going to work dressed as a man. Work is work. You would be better off dropping the romanticized fantasies and doing something constructive with yourself.

Once at a restaurant called La Cage Au Fols.
    I was encouraged to fill in during a promotion.
    The film was a big thing at the time.
    Everyone knew what I was so it worked well, they came to see me and I enjoyed the experience plus twice the money the regular waitresses were earning.
    I did have to put on a little show by being outgoing and talking to customers, one surprise was getting money stuffed in the top of my stockings, that was a side benefit.
    I was dressed more like a French Maid for the occasion.
    I absolutely loved it.

A regular waitress? No.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 10-09-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaC View Post
    Anyone ever had an en femme job?
    Not as a waitress, but a number of years ago I was a temp secretary (administrative assistant) for a couple of weeks. Today I actually came across some of the paperwork from that job. Have a photo or two someplace.

Got along well with a number of the other secretaries and learned a great deal, not only about "life, the universe, and everything," but also about how there was a sharp edge on the photocopy machine that ate stockings, and how my immediate boss liked some "hands on" time with his secretaries.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Last edited by Persephone; 10-09-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Why not just a regular job (whatever you currently do) but en femme?

I tended bar last New Years Eve...heels were OK for the first 6 hours...after that, not so much. Be careful what you ask for. My first wife had to wear spike heels and a corseted costume (with cuffs and a little fluffy tail...you guess where she worked) and she thought it was fun, the first month. After that is was just a uniform. I miss that tail
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Work is work. You would be better off dropping the romanticized fantasies.....
    I completely agree. I work from home 2-3 days a week and work 2-3 days a week in an office where I have to dress a half-step up from business casual. There are plenty of mornings where I do not want to put on makeup and would rather wear jeans and a t-shirt like when I work from home. On the rare days I wear conservative heels because I expect to be at my office desk all day, I am definitely wanting to kick off the heels at the end of the day. There are days when I am also wanting to take my bra off when I get home. I've worn a dress or skirt less than 5% of the time due to comfort and convenience reasons. It quickly becomes all about the work and job and hardly anything to do with how I am dressed - just like nearly every woman who works.

I understand the desire and appeal of working en femme, but it is a romanticized fantasy when viewed as mainly an opportunity to dress and perhaps play a role. Fantasies can be fun and great to have, but they are fantasies because reality can be a bully and insist on making you live in the real world. Sorry to burst any bubbles. So, yes, I work as a woman, but I doubt the reality of it meshes well with the fantasies held by some.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I miss that tail.
    We could take that two ways................but I'm sure you mean it just one. haha

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    For some reason working as a waitress en femme, the image of me working the midnight shift on weekends at Denny's, located at a truck stop, is coming to mind. It doesn't seem appealing at all, black stretch pants, yellow polo, serving truckers, drunks that show up after the bars close, transient's etc. Wishful thinking I would actually like to be a realtor so I can see my best picture and name and phone number posted on signs all throughout the area, in the news paper.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Your own franchise

Maybe you can look into opening your own Maid Cafe' restaurant.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oApdGu6zEo

Always looks fun, but as others have said unless you have walked a mile in their heels...
    I managed a large restaurant for a little more than a decade. Glad I had the experience but don't ever want to do it again.

Working in your own clothes boutique might be fun, but I'm not really (O.K., not at all ) into placating people with untruths. If a hippo walked out of a dressing room in a tutu, .... Let's just say I lack tactfulness and would go broke in a heartbeat. (And end up with a well deserved black eye to boot!)

I worked in an office job for many years and I did once get to sit at my desk while dressed as a woman, ironically given the theme of this thread, while dressed as a waitress or 'French maid.' However it was for a fancy dress event and all the lads were dressed like that. Which was surreal.

Strangely while it didn't start that way that particular job ended up becoming a typically female role in that I became a kind of secretary to 'my' Engineer. I had to learn how to type. I was one of the girls too although I was jealous that they got to wear smart office uniforms. That was my fantasy, that I could turn up to work dressed like the rest of them. But it was not to be.

My last two real jobs could be either male or female and while I underdressed for both at times casual clothes were the norm. Interestingly both my last employers were very LGBT friendly so I could have worn pretty much anything I liked.

My current 'job' again is very casual when it comes to dress but given it's potentially dangerous nature. I wear male only and to be fair wearing high heels would make it even more dangerous! If there was an incident. I would be outed! Unless of course I was burnt to a crisp which is entirely possible!

Lately it's the only time I actually wear male clothing. Because I am lucky enough to be able dress appropriately for my main role in life at the moment. House husband or really housewife. Essentially I only wear women's clothes at the moment. In the mornings after the kids are in school. I do my housework and chores wearing a casual top and legging with a pair of comfy flat shoes. When it's time to pick up the kids. I change the leggings for a pair of jog pants and different shoes. But otherwise nothing changes.

I have genuinely never felt more content in my life.

I always thought it would be fun to be a receptionist at an office , or may be a hostess at a restaurant. Or may be work at a gay bar , or a tg friendly clothing store of some kind. But like a lot of things I am betting the reality would not live up to the fantasy .

You think it would be awesome to get a waitress job? Seriously? Does it sound like fun bringing people food and dealing with their special needs and complaints? Do you think you could keep it up day after day with the shaving and beard cover? What about your voice? Can you sound like a female and keep it up all day?

And who would hire you? Employers are looking for people who will devote their full time and attention to doing the best job they can do, not fooling customers and fellow employees into thinking they are something they are not.

Perhaps you could find a job in a gay bar/restaurant. Perhapse you could work "en femme" at a crossdressing store. I don't think it's possible or practical at a mainstream establishment.

When thinking about a job, things like stability, pay and benefits as well as long term goals should be your considerations. Save your dressing for your time off.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda